slots_2_.jpg
slots_1_.jpg
mc1.jpg
mc2.jpg
mc4.jpg
Wheel_of_Fortune.jpg
20151001_201025.jpg
IMG_2446.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scotty78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 years ago

Bally EM's are the game they are, they cannot be changed. I have several Bally EM's, as well as an E1000. The newer machines are able to have their games changed out, it's just a matter of reel strips, some glass, maybe a topper, and the ROM's. That said, Bally EM's, while similar to EM pins inside, are a whole different world. I've been working on them for a couple years now and still learn new things about them all the time. Parts aren't impossible to come by, though some take searching for now. The Bally's seem to be gaining collectibility now as well. Also be aware of gaming laws in your state, some do not allow private ownership, others stipulate the machine must be of a certain age ie. 25 years old.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Huh, South Carolina, land where you can own whatever gun you want without a permit bans vintage slot machine ownership (even pachi machines from what I'm reading?). Laws are weird.

That being said, usually only the gaming/revenue division knows this, sometimes not even then. If your friends are cool and you don't go taking the neighborhood senior citizens retirement checks in quarters, no one usually cares lol.

#51 8 years ago

For me the EM Bally's are my favorite. I have 3 right now lol. Everybody that sees them loves them. The new slots do nothing for me, they're all player track or TITO (Ticket In Ticket Out) now. You can't beat the feel of dropping in quarters (or nickels or dimes) and getting paid out in quarters IMO

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

A-1 Supply/Fortune Coin/Sircoma slots (the name Sircoma was the last predecessor of IGT which was an acronymn for: SI Redd Coin MAchines) came out around 1975. These were the first video slots. Si Redd (who used to run Bally Distributing, mainly slot and Bingo machine out of Las Vegas, Reno and Elko Nevada) bought Nutting Associates, the video game company and used the talent to make an outstanding video slot with great graphics for that era.
The IGT name came to succeed Sircoma as the Company went public in 1981. They then released a stepper motor slot and overtook Bally in slot sales in 1985.

That's some interesting information. Probably didn't help Bally out any that the E1000 series machines were not very reliable right out of the crate during the early 80's.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scotty78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slot-machine-buying-tips?tu=scotty78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.