HO cars four (resized).jpg
HO cars three (resized).jpg
HO cars two (resized).jpg
HO cars one (resized).jpg
IMG_8630 (resized).jpg
20240228_122730 (resized).jpg
20240226_120158 (resized).jpg
20240227_121425 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SealClubber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I saw a few pics and mentions in the Gameroom forum but I thought I would start a dedicated one here. I just bought a Carrera Go set for my kid and I to run together and built a nice little table for it. I would love to run 1/32 but don't have the space. It's either them or my pins, lol. I used to play mine as a kid enough I would wear thru the contacts. I am hoping my son continues to enjoy them as much as I do. So far, he likes it.
I know some of you have awesome tracks. So, slot car fans, show us your set up.

Slot Car Layout (resized).JPGSlot Car Layout (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

Nice. My favorite set was an old Matchbox Race and Chase from about 1982. The cars would reverse course and had a teeter totter/jump on it with cop car. I never could find spare parts for the cars though and eventually they wore out.

#13 7 years ago

Great stories. I have to keep myself from playing with it when the kid isn't so I don't become so much better than him, he quits as a result. Right now I am trying to figure out a way to fit what I want all on that one table.

1 week later
#31 7 years ago

ZNET, it looks like you have felt for the grass mat. I do too. Do you have an issue with the cars picking up the felt and having it wrap around the axles? I never had this issue before but I think it is because Carrera cars use wire braid for the contacts which is grabbing the felt whereas my old cars used blades for the contacts.

#37 7 years ago

Yeah. I also like the fact it dampens the sound. I won't say it is good felt though. Just fabric I got from Hobby Lobby for $12 for a 2x3 yard sheet. Definitely not billiard quality.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Does that railroad crossing work? How do you keep the lines from shorting?

I would imagine by ensuring they don't touch and jumpering the rails from underneath.

#44 7 years ago

To assist with connectivity, I put a tiny bit of silver conductive paste on the connections. I had it left over from when I had to repair a DMD. Just don't use the epoxy, lol.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I would seal such felt with clear lacquer spray as a preventative measure

Will it make it hard and crispy? Should I just use some clear spray paint?

#50 7 years ago

Thanks, ZNET. Bought a used digital set off ebay, and a chicane and a jump bridge to expand the fun. Now to get a double switch and lap timer. Got rid of that wall climb. Thinking of ditching the loop too. Trying to figure out a good way to add some elevation without disrupting flow.

IMG_1518 (resized).JPGIMG_1518 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#53 7 years ago

If I had to do a semi temp layout I would buy one of those white plastic topped folding tables to use as a base. Then just lay a sheet of plywood on top. Bolt the track to the platform and when you need to take everything down, lay the platform with track against the wall, fold up the table and lay it against the wood. Throw the controllers and cars in a basket and set it behind the platform. You can have it down or up and running in 5 mins.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SealClubber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slot-cars?tu=SealClubber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.