(Topic ID: 269946)

Slingshot works but doesn't score points.

By JethroP

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by JethroP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Working on my Firepower II. Not a big deal, but I'd like to learn how to troubleshoot this problem. Not a big deal because the slingshot works (solenoid fires), but doesn't score 10 points like it should. The ten points, no big deal.

Out of my realm of expertise, but I assume the issue is a bad connection on a strobe line? Excuse me if that's not even close to correct.....so, where should I look/test? Everything else works on this game.

#2 3 years ago

Activation switches for the solenoid are different on WMS games of this era than the scoring switch. Go with simple stuff first.... you'll see the secondary switch on the sling mech under the PF. Likely it's maladjusted or needs to be cleaned.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Activation switches for the solenoid are different on WMS games of this era than the scoring switch.

There is no secondary scoring switch on the sling.

#4 3 years ago

That would be why it's not working then. It needs it. The 2 switches that stick up through the playfield are the special direct activated solenoids (which is why they activate). There's a flat one that's supposed to be underneath the PF that closes when the sling fires for the scoring. Switches 47 and 48 according to the diagram in the manaul.

Green-Violet for the column for both, white violet for the row for the left sling, and white gray for the row for the right sling (which a diode installed for each).

The switch itself mounts to the sling bracket and is just a regular switch like you'd see on playfield wireforms.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

That would be why it's not working then. It needs it.

Duh. Thank you for the educmucation
I was used to the stacked switches like on Bally. Not seeing one figured it was a timing thing of sorts (strobe line or something). Well, looking further thanks to you, saw the scoring switch and cleaned and adjusted. All working now! Thank you again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slingshot-works-but-doesn-t-score-points?hl=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.