6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by 85vett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hey Guys I am in the process of installing plastic protectors on my MET and I can barely get a full turn on the nut that holds the plastic on the slingshot. I am wondering which posts I should get that are longer/part#?

#2 6 years ago

You shouldn't need new post. Have your removed the big metal washer already that is under the plastic from the factory?

If yours just happen to be shorter than mine you could try these - https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2076

The upper thread may be a bit to long though with them but you could cut them down easily with a dremil.

***Edit - Those look to have 8-32 upper threads. "Should" still fit in the plastic fine but may be a bit to large. one other option is to go to a local hardware store and just get some 6-32 thread line and cut it to length. Put a lock (nylon inside) nut where the base is (the plastic rest on) to basically create your own post. They are pretty cheap.

#3 6 years ago

Ah big metal washer you say, I will remove that, whoops

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Ah big metal washer you say, I will remove that, whoops

Been there to The plastic protectors make those unnecessary now. When you remove them it will fit perfectly.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slingshot-protectors-for-met and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.