• Latest reply 7 years ago by PokerJake
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170101_170429 (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

On my Wild Card, when either slingshot is activated there is a constant hum. Then once the ball activates either slingshot again the humming stops. What is causing this? The humming sounds similar to holding down a flipper.

#2 7 years ago

Is it only triggered by the slingshots? If not it may be a change relay that goes on and off with each 10 pt shot.

#3 7 years ago

It's only triggered by the slingshots, the 50 point targets should trigger it since it's an odd number, but didn't initiate or silence the hum. I don't know of any other single 10 pt target other than the slingshots.

#4 7 years ago

It likely alternates something on the game.

#5 7 years ago

Sounds like it's coming from this "change relay"

20170101_170429 (resized).jpg20170101_170429 (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

As you can see the plastic part in the back is covered in dust. Should I replace the coil or try something else first?

#7 7 years ago

try holding down the relay plate while it is humming. does that make the hum stop?
take the coil out, and look at the plate where it touches the coil. if the plate has grooves in it, it may need replacing.
the coil itself is prob ok.

#8 7 years ago

I took the plate out and swapped it with another nearby. Sanded both the plate and contact point and it still hums/buzzes. The wrapper on the coil is brown (should be blue), kinda like it was smoldering. Thanks for the response.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Haus
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slingshot-hum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.