Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Yakrobat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

As they were rather worn, I recently replaced the lower sling-shots on my Cue Ball Wizard. During reinstallation, I accidentally wired the right coil backward and immediately noticed that it was not working. A quick check revealed an short across the diode and a blown fuse. After fixing/replacing everything, I now have a coil that is stuck in the on (outkicked) position as soon as the game starts. I'm guessing I need to replace the associated FET but, frankly, I'm not sure since I'm not an electronics guy. Any help on a path forward would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Yak

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Yakrobat:

I need to replace the associated FET

Yes. Hopefully the new coil and diode didn't get hurt.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for the quick response, that gave me the confidence to pull the board and replace the FETs. I already had some on hand since I was going to replace the missing knocker FET. I replaced both more easily than I imagined and now everything works. I noticed that the one I replaced showed a short across the pins so I guess I can just troubleshoot FETs by checking resistance between pins next time? Thanks again!

Yak

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sling-shot-coil-stuck-on-?hl=yakrobat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.