New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 98666)

Sling shot "chatter"...

By njPinWiz

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by njPinWiz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Not sure I am calling the problem properly, but on my Firepower when the ball makes contact with the sling, the sling occassionally vibrates back & forth very rapidly as it launches the ball. It doesn't do it every time, but does occur (on both left & right slings) often enough. This wasn't happening before I just upgraded the CPU to a Rottendog. Anyone experience this & know what the solution is? Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

Generally, "machine gunning" is caused by one of the leaf switches at the sling shot adjusted too close together. As it fires, the rubber returns and fires the leaf switch again. Check and adjust the leaf switch gap.

#3 6 years ago

thanks Freeplay40 - thought it was something along those lines....will check it out & regap.

#4 6 years ago

The switch is likely gapped too close.

#5 6 years ago

Yep, very likely gapped too close. If you hold the switch closed it will give you the same chatter.

#6 6 years ago

What works for me is to take off the rubber and bend the front blades out a ways. Then put the rubber back on and adjust the rear blades for the sensitivity you want.

#7 6 years ago

Thanks, made the adjustment & the machine-gunning has stopped. Appreciate the advice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 11.00
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside