By Hoopjohn

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hoopjohn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

northernwi.craigslist.org link

This sale, along with the letter of authentication, is for a 1976 Harley Sportster (currently disassembled) that is supposedly the motorcycle The Fonz used in the barrel jump on Happy Days. My other passion in life is motorcycles. So when I saw this local ad, it got my curiosity, as I always thought the Fonz rode an older Triumph. A bit of checking, and sure enough, The Fonz's bike was a 1951 Triumph.

What does this have to do with punball? Zilch. It only emphasizes that online ads can make wildly ridiculous claims.

Oh yes, the bike. The seller wants $1650 firm. Disassembled motorcycles are known in the biker world as "basket cases". The speedometer is not original to the bike so mileage is a complete guess. Like anything that is in pieces and non-operational, one pays there money & takes there chances. They didn't disassemble a perfectly good running bike.....just because of an oil leak. Realistic price --$500. But only if you have some knowledge in putting it together, put little value on your time, and realize there will be parts & repairs that will put you underwater on the project.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hoopjohn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slightly-deceptive-craigslist-ads?tu=Hoopjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.