(Topic ID: 187701)

Slide save - cheating or just nudging/pinball skill?

By spinal

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“The slide save is...”

• ... cheating at pinball. If you're physically moving the pin across the floor it's going too far! 66 votes
      27%
    • ... just another form of nudging. Just because the legs move a bit across the floor doesn't make a difference - I'll just move it back a bit after I drain and all is good. 179 votes
      73%

(245 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 3.23.34 PM (resized).png
    centaur (resized).jpg
    ij (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

Don't you think it should be up to the owner of the machines.... I have played some collections where the owner prefers no nudging of the machines.... you need to respect thier wishes ....

No...well I guess it is since they own it but if you can't bare to watch your machine get moved a few inches, you need to find a new hobby because you're doing this wrong. Those are THE LOWEST FORM of people in the hobby IMO.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

So I guess one should ask first before performing this at a friends house.

And then leave if they start crying.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from mtkinf:

By that logic, shoplifting is not shoplifting if you don't get caught. Seems to me it's still shoplifting.

Finally, something worse than a cargument.

maybe if you changed this to a sporting activity and not something that is by it's definition a crime, you may see it diff'rently.

Quoted from markmon:

No. Machines were built to nudge and its part of the game. Any owner that says you can't nudge I guess I'd have to be done playing and want to leave because that person was too ridiculous to hang with.

I do appreciate Gravitar taking the sides of the poor machines...a notorious game abuser

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from mtkinf:

You want a sporting event. If a foul is committed but the referee/umpire does not see it, is it still a foul?
    C'mon. That's a far better analogy than a cargument.

It is better. Except in this case, the ref is the tilt bob. The penalty is tilting the machine and losing points, but I just moved it 2 inches and it didn't tilt so there is no foul. In a tournament last week I moved an Aerosmith probably 4-5 inches, it didn't tilt out, no big deal. Mind you I didn't think, "Ok i need to pick up the machines and move it to one side," I just reacted and the machine moved over a concrete floor...what am I to do? Just walk away from the game mid ball saying I'm sorry?

Quoted from Pinballlew:

Good move, I say fair game...how do tournaments rule the maneuver?

Up to the tournament director. If it's a player running it i have never had an issue. If it's a collector I've had 1 person bitch at me, but I was rage tilting so it was deserved on their part.

Once again, make the tilt tougher...use games that deal with bonii after the ball...stops it right quick.

1 week later
    #93 6 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't treat games any differently. Now if someone has made a game some beauty queen and puts it up on a pedestal.. I'll generally be more ginger with it because we are probably looking at it more than we are playing it hard. I mean, when a game looks fragile.. treat it as such.

Right, so you treat them diff'rent, got it.

#95 6 years ago

God you're even more boring than usual. You usually make more sense though.

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fixie:

I'm going to put casters on the legs. That way everyone can be happy.

LED'd or just powder coated?

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I'm honestly baffled how "cheating" is getting around 30% of the vote.

Diaper-rubbers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slide-save-cheating-or-just-nudging?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.