(Topic ID: 187701)

Slide save - cheating or just nudging/pinball skill?

By spinal

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“The slide save is...”

• ... cheating at pinball. If you're physically moving the pin across the floor it's going too far! 66 votes
      27%
    • ... just another form of nudging. Just because the legs move a bit across the floor doesn't make a difference - I'll just move it back a bit after I drain and all is good. 179 votes
      73%

(245 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 3.23.34 PM (resized).png
    centaur (resized).jpg
    ij (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from JosephT:

I think people that just watch the ball go stdm are mush

depends on the game. Games where all your score is bonus. like TOTAN. or Indy 500. You really going to risk a tilt if you have a shiton of bonus built up?

#23 6 years ago

get carpet in your game room and all the slide will not be a concern anymore.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Absurd that 35% of Pinside answered this incorrectly.

wouldn't be the first time. I've seen pinside wrong a lot about a lot of things.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from mtkinf:

Then please quote someone who said that nudging is cheating. I said that the machine "slid an inch or two". That is not not the same as nudging. Thanks.

but if your tilt is setup right, it will tilt out if the offender pushed the limits. Hell, watch bowen play in the tutorials. everything he does is tournament legal and pulls that shit a lot.

he does say death saves are always illegal, but that's a whole different animal then sliding the game over a bit. Hell, when I move my games i'll pick up the front and drag it's ass around the basement with no sliders on.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

» YouTube video

If it's ok for the championships..it's ok in life. Nobody can disagree with that.

1 week later
    #101 6 years ago

bowen has said himself.. " I was a C player, until I learned how to nudge properly. once that happened, I became an A player". Said this first hand at PAPA years ago.

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

Are you being serious here? Slide saves are easy. I could teach anyone in less than a minute how to do one. "Ball is going where you don't want it to go, just shove the game to one side or the other". If someone can push a full grocery cart they can do a slide save. IMHO, simple nudging--knowing which way to nudge a game when the ball is right by a post, getting the most points out of a ball in a pop bumper nest, or shaking a ball out of the outlane is harder.

how about a slide save on soft plush carpet?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slide-save-cheating-or-just-nudging?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.