Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140810_085936.jpg
20140810_085924.jpg
20140810_082413.jpg
20140809_210704.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I cleaned up the pf on the slick chick even though it will be a fall/winter project. I could help myself I wanted to see what was under the pop bumper wood grain platters and what was under all the dirt.
the platters were added after a little wear had happened but it is far from the worse I have seen. the rest of the playfield cleaned up nice. I will put it back together and push it aside until fall.
I am pretty happy with the pf condition, the biggest issue was all the chrome will need to be replace
everything else will be low cost.

20140809_210704.jpg20140809_210704.jpg 20140810_082413.jpg20140810_082413.jpg 20140810_085924.jpg20140810_085924.jpg 20140810_085936.jpg20140810_085936.jpg
#2 9 years ago

That game is going to come up nice! You are already in to it, finish that baby up!
I had emailed that guy before he posted price, but i just dropped $ on a williams king pin last week in VA. It was RELLY hard to not jump on this one, but wife would kill me if i took another road trip to drag yet another project home. Great title for a great price! Cant wait to see it finished. Very jealous!
Phil

#3 9 years ago

I cleaned up the pf on the slick chick even though it will be a fall/winter project. I I cleaned up the pf on the slick chick even though it will be a fall/winter project. I
*******************************************************************************************************
I thought this was a 'Winter project'....................LOL.
I did the same thing last year when I got 'Atlantic City' and 'Beach Time'.
I cleaned the p;layfields as soon as i got them, then put them away until just last month.
Other machines got more priority........ LOL.
I enjoy doing the playfields; especially if they clean-up really Nice !

#4 9 years ago

i just couldn't help myself. i needed to know how BAD or GOOD it was considering it was stored so long without a pf glass. now i know it will be nice i feel better. i'll finish doing the top side and put it away for fall.
i know i am not the only one that has a hard time when getting something new just wanting to tear into it....
even though there are others ahead of it or already torn apart.

#5 9 years ago

[attachment=1830424,undefined]
If you ever need a paint job on the cab...

#6 9 years ago

[attachment=1830431,undefined][attachment=1830431,undefined caption=""]

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i know i am not the only one that has a hard time when getting something new just wanting to tear into it....
even though there are others ahead of it or already torn apart.

Very true. ↑
The worst is when your parts and machines are all over the place and looking at them and deciding which is next one to get worked on...

#8 9 years ago

pin-it, at my worst I had 5 machines apart at the same time, never again only two max at any time and I really try to have just one.
but as you know sometimes you just can't help yourself....... the slick chick will be a very nice machine I had low expectations on this machine when I got it but I am almost done the topside and it is a strong 8 pf
everything else should clean up pretty easy the only thing is it needs all new chrome 200.00 plus

#9 9 years ago

Can't wait to see how this one turns out

1 week later
#10 9 years ago

Hey, Boilerman,

Throw some clear mylar pieces underneath each live pop and you'll never even notice
the wear, especially when it is lit. There is reflection off the mylar, plus, your wear is on the top
side of the pops, not even in view while playing the game. It's a real good example.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staunton, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slick-chick-restro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.