Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Boatcat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

At the risk of expulsion from the community I'm considering swapping out my Slick Chick's stubby 2" flippers for 3" and raising scoring requirements. Am I a criminal naif for having such a thought? There's a chasm between the existing flippers that raises my frustration level above Defcon 5. Has any sane member done this and how is/has it worked?

#3 5 years ago

I vote against the modification, remember there are no side outlane with this pin,
    but if you do decide to do it,
    take the rebounds behind the flippers off the PF also.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 5 years ago

Instead of doing that, just sell the game to me.

#5 5 years ago

I play my Slick Chick a lot, it kicks my butt continiously. Would not have it any other way. Guess I need more therapy.

#6 5 years ago

what the heck? No way man! I opened this thread and was hoping it would be about flipper angle or something and then you say that! No Way. 2" flippers rule!

#7 5 years ago

change the slope on the table.

#8 5 years ago

Ha! You guys are great. I'll leave her alone and just keep getting my arse pounded. She is one tough cookie.

#9 5 years ago

I wouldn’t change flippers as you would find the game out of balance and too easy to get the SLICK and CHICK completed.

What i did was bring the pop bumpers back into spec by removing 2.5-3 full wraps off each coil. That brought my game into balance. I have not encountered another SC that plays as well as mine.

You are welcome to stop by and play mine to see how it turned out. I’m sure I can help guide you through other adjustments on your game to bring it into balance.

7 months later
    #10 4 years ago

I wouldn't change flipper either. Mine was impossible to play - just brutal - a score of 300 was good and if I spelled Slick Chick twice, I felt blessed. And I read an interview with Wayne Neyens (the designer) who said that Slick Chick was his favorite game to play (of his own designs)....so I thought something's wrong here.

Then I did what MikeO suggested - removed 2.5-3 full wrappings of wire off each pop bumper coil. I think I dropped the resistance of each coil from 2.5 ohms to about 1.6 ohms or so. Huge difference! Now there's enough pop action to move the ball all over the upper playfield and hit that center top target occasionally...completely different game, and way more fun!

I did the same thing to the upper pop bumpers on Magic City too...same great results.

It's not hard to do - I'd certainly try that first.

#11 4 years ago

Stay with the 2" flips, and, (as the picture above shows), have the rebounds below the flipper tips extend beyond the actual flipper. This is the "Liberal" setting on the machine. Mine is set up this way and I feel it's needed to keep the game fun. The center drop hole is really not intrusive, in fact you'll find you can never seem to get it when lit for special.

The game is all about hitting the side targets as often as you can. It's also imperative to land in 1 of the 2 rollovers at the top as you enter the playfield to eventually reach the hole special. Mine must be dialed in pretty good as I get there maybe once every 5-10 games, and when you do happen to get the drop hole when lit, hearing that knocker banging loudly multiple times, you actually feel like you DON'T need to play one more, (Ha).

I'll venture to say Slick Chick and King of Diamonds are the 2 best from Gottlieb in the '60's.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slick-chick-flippers- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.