Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC05645 (resized).JPG
DSC05647 (resized).JPG
DSC05646 (resized).JPG
20170316_185439 (resized).jpg
DSC05638 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveintexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Can some one assist me on how this front door originally was secured. I am near the end of the restoration and rebuilt and installed the door last night. There is no side lock plate for a simple key arrangement. The cabinet has a top and bottom metal strike plate and the door has two lever brackets that can receive a locking lever. It appears that the key would have operated two levers that would lock the door at the top and bottom.

Can anyone post a picture as I may need to fabricate the levers and lock attachment. Sorry I am at work and cannot find pictures or info by googling the issue

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

steve it should be just the standard lock. it was before they used the strike plate and the lock arm just rested against the wood door frame. the the two metal pieces above and below the door frame were to prevent prying the door open

Not sure Dave, The 68 parts book is showing a lock bolt A-7186.

DSC05638 (resized).JPGDSC05638 (resized).JPG

#5 7 years ago

Dave,

Thanks, was not looking forward to making it right now. I will get a suitable standard lock until I get some spare time.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

steve that was a add on for extra security. the called it:
"parts required to convert standard to to dual bolt security" never found a game with the lock bolts but did find games with the guides like you have. might want to call PBR and see if he has what you need. not really needed

Steve at PBR just made my week. As Dave suggested I called in the off chance he had the door lock parts. He confirmed as we suspected that the Slick Chick was the only game that used this part as standard. He knew what I was asking for immediately and told me to hold on until he had a look. A minute later he confirmed the parts were instock and NOS.

I told him that I was looking for a picture or anything to work out what they were and he replied that I should have called him immediately and saved a bunch of time. So I got the parts and a gentle bollocking from Steve, what more can we ask for!

#8 7 years ago

I received the parts from Steve yesterday. Threw them in the tumbler for 24 hours and fitted them this evening. NOS parts , nice and shiny now and a very tight secure lock. Total over kill in a home setting but this what was fitted originally on the game.

Steve charged a whopping $11 for the 55 year NOS parts. that includes all his handling costs and his storage costs in a nice dry environment for a couple of decades probably and a profit of .... well not a lot. Thank you Steve at PBR.

As fitted.

DSC05646 (resized).JPGDSC05646 (resized).JPG
DSC05647 (resized).JPGDSC05647 (resized).JPG
DSC05645 (resized).JPGDSC05645 (resized).JPG

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

never seen a game with that set up. i have found doors with partial parts but never the locking parts. looks good steve, another job well done

If this linkage binds then you are stewed. You will have to drill the lock. I have been tweaking it so it all lines up. Will be playing with the game as i get it all working so we will be sure it works well.

#14 7 years ago

This is my first Gottlieb full restore. Williams and Bally games until now.

What I have found after seven full restorations is that Steve has the best costs and delivery for the none Gottleb games generic parts. Hard to find stuff parts we need eBay. Also he has supplied me all the Williams schematics so far. No one else sells them. I needed new clear schematics to start them up.

Gottlieb however as we know Steve is the king, he makes a lot of the parts that wear out, has a bunch of relay linkage parts some how and bunches of NOS obscure parts. This business he made shows his love for pinball because of what he has made available for reasonable cost. The Slick Chick restore is ridiculously good because of him. New door, legs and other gleaming parts, etc etc.

Last thing I have found out is due to this games complexity it takes a little longer to retore a Gottlieb than equivalent Williams games but it's really worse for my pocket as it has cost me a bunch more because Steve can supply way more stuff !

Rock on Steve and Pinball Resource you are a gentleman , a little scary but a pinball diamond.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staunton, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveintexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slick-chick-door-locking-mechanism-question?tu=steveintexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.