(Topic ID: 131722)

Slick Chick coffee table project........

By Pinball_Nate

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dracula_002_(resized).JPG
IMG_4433_(resized).JPG
dragon_light_(resized).jpg
sc3_(resized).jpg
sc4_(resized).jpg
sc2_(resized).jpg
sl1_(resized).jpg
5050-5M-300-LED-Strip-SMD-12V-Under-coffee-table-light-blue_(resized).jpg
table3_(resized).jpg
table2_(resized).jpg
table1_(resized).jpg
coindoorfront_(resized).jpg
CutCab_(resized).jpg
legsinvineagarbath_(resized).jpg
PincabCut_(resized).jpg
sctable_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinplayer1967.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Go for it. This notion that every playfield out floating around needs hours and hours of time restoring it and rebuilding it then finding the rest of the machine to go with it is not always possible. To me there is no difference than a guy who just hangs a playfield on the wall or ceiling for "Art" with no intention on restoring that game. Pinball coffee tables can be enjoyed and later down the road used to restore a game if wanted.

#12 8 years ago

Because if someone doesn't have the rest of the machine and has no intention of trying to find all the parts for a worn out playfield then who cares really? I have a spare worn Gottlieb Genie playfield, does that mean I have to desperately search for the rest of the parts/cabinet and build another? Um no, Mine will be turned into a widebody coffee table instead of hanging it on the wall to collect dust.

1 year later
#70 7 years ago

You shouldn't have to explain yourself. I think its great. Better to enjoy and display than just hang on the wall and collect dust. If someone is so offended at your work then they can offer to purchase it. This notion that every playfield in existence has to be carefully restored and find the rest of the machine and parts is sometimes impossible. Enjoy your new table.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staunton, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinplayer1967.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slick-chick-coffee-table-project?tu=pinplayer1967 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.