slick1.jpg
DSC9810-478.jpg
DSC09792.JPG
DSC09776.JPG
DSC09775.JPG
DSC09768-306.JPG
DSC09770.JPG
DSC09772.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago

Sign me up. I just started shopping the one I picked up a year ago. I've shopped/rebuilt the head relay board, the body cabinet and the main relay board. The coin door and the playfield remain. I'll share pictures as I get through it.

I'm looking forward to the addiction of this game.

Mike O.

SC 1.jpgSC 1.jpg
SC 2.jpgSC 2.jpg

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

Mike-o - the cabinent on your chick looks more yellow then mine. Do you know if those are original colors? I just did a minor shop on mine, I replaced the coil sleeves for the pop bumpers and coils and sleevs on two of them becuase the sleve had melted. Getting the ball in the middle of all the bumpers when they are fast and strong is a blast!

I'm sure the yellow tint on my cabinet is patina, not the original color. You can see a more original color at the front left leg position. It looks to be more of an eggshell color than whiter or yellowed.

Mike O.

1 week later
#38 10 years ago

That webbing is a repaint also.

If original was webbed, it was much more delicate. I'll have to look closer at mine tonight. I'm not convinced that SC even had webbing originally.

Mike O.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Soon it will have one of Wade's playfields put in, so when done,

I've not seen any talk about Slick Chick making it near the top of Wade's repro playfield list. If it is getting there, this would be great news and I would be in for one.

Mike O.

#55 10 years ago

It's possible that is original webbing. I would assume that was an anomoly of the webbing application for how they were doing it. Maybe the gun screwed up.

Would really need to see a few shots of other parts of the cabinets on your game to really say.

Mike O.

1 month later
#69 9 years ago

So I've been shopping my Slick Chick more this week. Here are a few playfield shots before the strip down. These were taken with my iphone and don't really show the layer of dirt and grunge and wax that existed on this playfield. I don't think the areas under the plastics had ever been cleaned in the life of this game. Whoever operated this game kept it overly waxed. Getting the wax off has been time consuming. But the results under the wax are exceptional. More to come.

photo 6.JPGphoto 6.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 8.JPGphoto 8.JPG

Mike O.

#72 9 years ago

Some pictures of my shop out progress.

DSC09772.JPGDSC09772.JPG
DSC09770.JPGDSC09770.JPG
DSC09768-306.JPGDSC09768-306.JPG

#73 9 years ago

This weekend's shop out progress.

Sanded and sealed the playfield side rails. This always cleans up their appearance.
DSC09775.JPGDSC09775.JPG

With the side rails and top arch back in place. Touched up the top fan target as well as the three extra post screw holes at the top center. Not perfect but better than what was there and won't affect gameplay.
DSC09776.JPGDSC09776.JPG

Mike O.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

Your playfield is in really good shape. I've got severe wear under the pops. I think whoever over waxed yours did you a big favor!

I'm in full agreement with you on that statement. It was a pain getting it all off but it is better than I expected underneath it all.

I shopped a Bowling Queen several years ago for a guy and the overall look to the playfield was just grubby. Turned out it had an overabundance of wax that had collected dirt and came out every bit as nice as this SC. The operators from this era really knew how to maintain their games.

Mike O.

#78 9 years ago

My latest progress. Should be done and playing this weekend.

DSC09792.JPGDSC09792.JPG

Mike O.

1 month later
#80 9 years ago

A final shot of my Slick Chick shop out.

DSC9810-478.jpgDSC9810-478.jpg

Mike O.

#82 9 years ago

Yes, a pin at both upper 30 bubbles. They look factory to me.

Mike O.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Mike nice shop out. PBR sells the bottom 1 inch retro white roll overs that you trim one side on. It is the only thing missing.

Dan,

I have OEM lane guides sitting in the coin box. I didn't have the heart yet to trim off one side of them.

Mike O.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

mike keep the oem uncut and get a set of repros from pbr a trim them
those oem are much nicer and can be used when you need a two side guide

Dave,

Yeah, I thought about that. That's why they are not on the game yet. I couldn't bring myself to trim them when the game plays fine without them. At the same time, this playfield is 100% original parts. So to put the new bright white lane guides on there is a difficult call for me. I'll pick up a pair with my next PBR order and see if I can age them if they are too white.

Mike O.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Is there a good source for the bumper caps? Does anybody sell a complete set? Steve Young seems to have them individually at $12 each and they don't seem to be the proper ones with the triangular edges.
On mine, I do not have a slam tilt switch in the door - is there supposed to be one?

The four at the corners are not supposed to have the"triangular edges" which are called "Daisy" caps.

The four at the corners are supposed to have the "Deco" style trim ring. So what PBR is selling is correct.

The coin door is supposed to have a slam tilt switch, right behind the credit switch.

Mike O.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from manitouguy:

there's a good topic for another thread ... aging the white plastics ..
i am trying to recall a few techniques that i heard worked well .. my mom used to soak things in tea to get them ''off white'', not sure if that would work or not
what other tricks are there out there for 'aging' white plastics ... hmmmm

I soak them in tea also. It usually works. Some items don't absorb the tea stain depending on the plastic that they are made of.

Mike O.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staunton, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slick-chick-club-visitors-welcome?tu=mikeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.