Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pdxmonkey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Recently I bought a Sleic / Petaco game and was curious to know more about the company(s).

#2 6 years ago

Per Appendix H in Mr Pinball - Pinball List and Price Guide:
Sleic released 2 games from 1994 to 1997.
Petaco was based in Spain, produced 14 flipper pinball games from 60's to 90's.
Petaco was the domestic brand name for Recel.
Recel based in Spain, produced at least 30 pinballs from 1974 to 1980.

Should be able to learn more by doing adv searches on Internet Pinball Database on those specific manuf's.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks,

I’ve found three games from Sleic on Ipdb. And Two of the three also have Petaco on the translite. Yet the third doesn’t but is a retheme of Juegos game called Petaco...
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4883

I was hoping somebody who followed either of these European companies during that time could chime in.

#4 6 years ago

Spanish pinball history source here
What do you want to know?

Generally speaking these companies either had the same owner or later in adopted employees and staff from one another resulting in generally similar machines and designs in both hardware and mechanics.
It's an overall wild mix of Gottlieb and Bally tech, or looking at inder/spinball more of a data east like approach.
Stargame/Cirsa were importing Williams Games and their own games are very similar to Williams machines.

What game have you bought BTW?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from zFabi:

Spanish pinball history source here
What do you want to know?
Generally speaking these companies either had the same owner or later in adopted employees and staff from one another resulting in generally similar machines and designs in both hardware and mechanics.
It's an overall wild mix of Gottlieb and Bally tech, or looking at inder/spinball more of a data east like approach.
Stargame/Cirsa were importing Williams Games and their own games are very similar to Williams machines.
What game have you bought BTW?

Oh excellent,

I have an Io Moon and soon a Sleic Pin Ball.

So Recel, Juegos, Petaco, and Sleic all share similar lineages?

Are any of the former employees still in Pinball or contactable?

Thank you for the post

#6 6 years ago

I can't help you with that question (contactable ex employees)

But yeah they share similar lineages I think one of the most important people in spanish pinball history is Juan Pareses who founded Petaco/Recel.

I think his last endeavor in pinball before he died was Juegos Populares if I don't confuse his name with Eulogio Pingarron.

All in all they either bought out each others assets during the late 80s and 90s or just faded into the unholy abyss of manufacturers who had to cease Operations.

It's a more complex history than the American one as the spanish pinball industry originated from importing American games and gathering knowledge and making things better other than just keeping shut works and recycling that for decades (e.g. the spanish pinballs all have either plexi over the PF of nearly indestructible clearcoating)

#7 6 years ago

Gracias Amigo!

Doing some research on the names you gave me.

I found this article
http://blogpinball.blogspot.com/2017/03/petaco-sa-procedimientos.html?m=1

Also this one that explains alittle of Sleic and Petaco
http://blogpinball.blogspot.com/2006/04/va-de-entrevistas.html?m=1

Researching alittle more on Santos Arando now...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sleic-petaco-looking-to-learn-some-history and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.