Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sleeper01_LI (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago

Judge Dredd is a great game and honestly still undervalued IMHO.

Not many DMDs last long in my collection but I liked JD enough to upgrade to a nicer version and it have been around for a few years.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I'll counter the Stargate suggestion.
    It's a beautiful game. Probably one of the nicer looking games ever. But I found myself not having fun when I played it. I sold it to a pin friend who was a SCI-FI fan, and who thought he'd love it. He got rid of it soon after he got it. It's really not all that fun or satisfying, for some odd reason. It's nice to look at, though.

interesting... Stargate was probably the 5th game in the door and is still here years later. It is also and often loved game when guests come over.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

You have my old Stargate.

yup

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The problem with Stargate is somehow 4 or 5 really loud people managed to convince a bunch of other people that "it's the Gottlieb worth owning."
    It's not, as it's a 90s gottlieb, none of which are worth owning. But you've got people paying WPC money for Stargate these days instead of just paying $1000 for a Mario Andretti, which makes much more sense if you really want to get that 90s gottlieb experience into your basement. Choose wisely folks!

spoken like a person that has no idea how to play SG, has never explored the rules, and just poo-poos it because "it has wierd flipper angle and I cant post pass"

SG was the foundation code idea for deep games. It falls in the same category of LOTR, TSPP, WOZ, TH, ... If you like that style of code then you will likely love SG. When set up and playing nice, SG is an absolute blast and super fun and challenging. After 5 years? of owning one I still have not made it to the end of the game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sleeper-games-to-consider-for-purchase?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.