Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sleeper01_LI (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi!

Looking at picking up a new game this spring in the $2,500ish range. I'm trying to avoid turning this into a "which game should I buy" thread because I know alot comes down to personal preference. I'm more looking for ideas on games not seen as much in the wild that are worth checking out before I make a decision. For example, I love Lawlor games, so a friend recommended I check out a Monopoly, which never even crossed my mind. Currently games on my radar are Baywatch, No Fear, and Jurassic Park (only have played JP out of these 3). Ideally looking for something with a DMD and 2 or more ramps. Also a big fan of drop targets. Just wanted to ask not so much "what should I buy" but what should I check out that isn't typically floating around on location. Thanks!

#19 6 years ago

Wow, lots of quick and helpful responses here! I've got a WPT near me, and I'm okay with the theme, but haven't played it enough to really notice the depth. One of the big turnoffs for me initially was the stop and go of the ramps, something about that was just really unsatisfying for me...can't really put my finger on it. Stargate and Starship Troopers I can't recall ever seeing in person - I'm going to take a look into both of those. Appreciate the input!

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballocks:

Come over & play my Baywatch anytime.

I'd take you up on that! I'll shoot you a PM. I'd love to see if it's something I'm into.

Quoted from brad808:

FYI you can turn off the ramp holds in service menu for WPT and I'm assuming most people do. Same with the orbit. If you are looking for depth you absolutely won't find anything with deeper rules in that price range.

This could actually be a game changer for me. Have you played it like this? I'm assuming it really ups the flow of the game.

Lots of love coming in for Stargate too...seems like it might be worth taking for a spin.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Roadshow, very under rated and a lot of Pinball fun for the money.
    T3 is also a lot of fun on the cheap

T3 was half on my radar too...are there traditional modes or is it more the T2 style progression?

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Al:

snip

Maverick has you covered on two of three items, only one ramp but it can feed two directions. I bought one because I seen everything else and had never played one. I still enjoy it a year later. That is the definition of a sleeper to me, never saw it coming that I would like the game so much.
    It is a much better card/poker drop target game than WPT to me. The drop targets on WPT are basically of no consequence in that they get completed just by the ball bouncing around during the game. In Maverick you must complete different drop banks to complete hands to start modes AND you get punished for hitting incorrect drop targets, which I like. Hit too many wrong cards and you lose the hand. The 5 modes are varied and it is a tough game to get to the wizard mode, I have yet to get there. Even a skill shot where you can start a mode called 'Draw Poker' that is just nailing drop targets for a timed period.
    Let us know what you get!

I actually haven't played one of these either! I'll need to read up and see if I can track one down at the Ohio show this year to try out.

1 month later
    #64 6 years ago

If anyone cares (ha!), I ended up getting a good local deal on a NASCAR. Spinning car target in the back, test car/scoop, spinners, 2 ramps, drops...this game is loaded for the money! Good rules with lots of modes, multiballs, and 2 wizard modes - so far I'm thrilled with the game for the value!

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I care! Lol! This is one that I’ve played in location and it seems to be pretty decent. I’ve always walked away feeling like I’d pick on up if a nice one ever popped up local for a decent price. Congrats!

I'd give it the stamp of approval for sure. I had a friend over last week and we ended up playing for about 3 hours and not even realizing it. Super fun game if you can grab one!

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Another Pinhead on the right track!!!Now what???Got room for one more??

Room for a few more actually ha, just a matter of finding the right games and deals.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sleeper-games-to-consider-for-purchase?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.