(Topic ID: 22127)

SLC, UT meetup - 15 June 2013 (MM in the house!)

By Don1

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by slcpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
2013-01-02_20.33.12.jpg
004.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG
024.JPG
026.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drshaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 11 years ago

I could be interested in this. I'll follow the thread and figure out if it works when the time comes.

#18 11 years ago

I'm hoping to make it! Is your Pinside collection up to date (with the 4 tables)? mpatricksp has quite a few tables I'd like to play too. Maybe we can trick him into bringing that XMLE for us at least

mpatricksp: you live in Farmington? I'm pretty close (Bountiful)... I'd like to get a few rolls in on some of your tables at some point

#25 11 years ago

Sorry but I'm not going to make it. Was planning on it! I'll be at the next one. Thanks for organizing it and starting the movement.

#27 11 years ago

Went over to mpatricksp's house tonight with a buddy and played for about 2 and half hours. We hardly gave him any notice and he just opened his doors to us. What an awesome collection and a super nice guy. Thanks for letting us come over and hopefully you'll have us over again sometime down the road. I think X-men might just be one of my favorite tables now and I don't know how long I can hold out. TDK surprised me as well... that game is super fun... I had no idea it was so cool. Tron just kicked my butt. ST:TNG was sweet. Thanks again.

#29 11 years ago

Also, let me know if you ever need any help moving those tables around or lifting new ones in to your house from your curb

4 months later
#38 11 years ago

Yeah I'm definitely down. I'm just fine tuning my new TZ and my friend just bought a ToM but it still needs some work (we've cleaned up about 75% of the 2-page laundry list, but still have some more glitches to iron out). I love going to Mike's place... he has a great collection! Count me and a friend or two in for sure.

#41 11 years ago

No I bought a TZ and a ToM for a friend from the same guy in Lexington Kentucky as a package deal. Shipping was a nightmare and I'll probably have to file a claim due to damage on both machines. I just about have the TZ dialed in to 100% now though.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

How tricky is it to get dialed in?

Let's see, the main power driver board had come loose in shipping and I'm having a problem with one of the transistors now, the DMD needed to be replaced (Thanks Mike for the loaner), minor switch adjustments to the rocket and rocket kicker so it would act more reliably, I'll have to replace the slot machine and clock millions targets with the new reinforced versions, new coil stops for the lower flippers, few bulbs and flashers were out, new 9.4H ROM.

Then I spent about $500 on mods (piano, camera, gumballs, chrome side mirrors, target decals, door translite color changer, new powerball, powerball custom plunger).

This "hobby".... It's gonna be the death of me!

Quoted from mpatricksp:

Well, I just got a call from STI and they are going to deliver the Hulk on Firday. Hopfuly I don't have the same issue as drshaw had with them.

Saweet!! You should be good... NIB should be packed perfect.

Quoted from toddsolus:

that is too bad about the damage..hope you got a good price. I would love either of those machines...but mostly the TZ....a fun pin.

TZ is my all-time favorite. My buddy 15 minutes away has one and I liked it so much that I had to have my own.

#48 11 years ago

Double post.

#49 11 years ago

The game is coming along though. Here is a picture. I still need to install my chrome side mirrors and the translite color changing door mod. Playfield is immaculate. (Edit: Doh! Phone Upload = Picture is sideways. Let's try this again)

2013-01-02_20.33.12.jpg2013-01-02_20.33.12.jpg

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from mpatricksp:

Ok, if we want to do this I will let you all figure out what date. I am open just about any time except this coming Monday the 7th.
I will provide Steaks and Chicken from Don's Meats, drinks and probably potato salad, if you never had them they are great. Just shoot me a pm if you plan on coming with how many people and what you would prefer. If you are bringing kids and they would rather have hotdogs or hamburgers let me know as I will have some of those also.
Once we get a date figured out I will PM you my address when I get your food info as I don't want to post it in the open forum.
Thanks,
Mike

Wow Mike, that sounds great. I should be available anytime... how much notice do people need? Maybe we should just give two options and pick whichever works for the most people. Next weekend (Jan 12th) or the weekend after (Jan 19th)? I'm picking Saturdays but it doesn't really matter to me.

#60 11 years ago

Hey Mike, how's the new game playing? How do you like it compared to XM/BDK/TF? I know it's not as good as Tron

#83 11 years ago

I'll be there and I should be bringing at least 2 people with me, if not 2 then for sure 1. I'll bring you back that power driver board and I can bring some drinks... want me to bring chips or anything else?

#85 11 years ago

I thought I'd share a quick video I made last night of my modest pinball collection.

Finally have the TZ ready. Looking forward to Saturday!

#99 11 years ago

So is Snowmageddon going to ruin the party? We still on? I'm still planning on it at this point.

#104 11 years ago

Yeah thanks Mike. Had a great time. Feel bad I didn't leave some money... I'll bring your board back here soon enough (gives me an excuse to play a few more rounds). Thanks again!

Thanks Lee for the quick tour as well! Good to meet more people here locally in the hobby. We need to set up a group or something where we can quickly post for local help, advice, or to buy/sell... I think cmproductions was going to set something up?

#112 11 years ago

Call it applesauce for all I care. People who are in it will know what it is and that's all that matters. Sounds like slcpinball here has done most of the legwork and maybe we can hitch on to that train.

3 months later
#118 10 years ago

Hey Don, is that you selling the SW:EP1 on KSL? I really love those Pin2000 games. And my son is a huge star wars fan, especially Darth Maul. I was at the RMPS and I kept finding myself going back to that table. Wish I had more money... I'm in the process of building out a game room in my house..

When's the next meetup at Mike's place??

1 week later
#133 10 years ago

Jeff, I'm just glad your TSPP didn't go far and got a lot closer to me

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drshaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slc-ut-meetup-01?tu=drshaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.