(Topic ID: 22127)

SLC, UT meetup - 15 June 2013 (MM in the house!)

By Don1

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by slcpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
2013-01-02_20.33.12.jpg
004.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG
024.JPG
026.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Saturday 15 June 2013 with food from 12-2pm

<Drum Roll>

It came!!! MEDIEVAL MADNESS is in the house!!!

To celebrate, and before I can really set any high scores, I want to invite everyone over this coming Saturday afternoon to hang out, play pinball, eat pizza, and most importantly put up some crazy scores for me to work on beating

The lights will stay on all day and all night. Feel free to come literally any time Saturday.

PM me for my address (I may have left it in this thread somewhere, but pm me with a headcount in any case)

For those who may not be available Saturday, I'm home all this week so feel free to stop by anytime.

Don

#3 11 years ago

No doubt!

I keep crossing my fingers that someday we'll have enough folks out here to actually pull off a local convention where we can bring em all somewhere for a few days and play all day long.

I think my friends tell me the same thing about every hobby I get in to, but this one really brings the kid out of you for sure. First thing I do in the morning is play play play.

#7 11 years ago

No fair Glenn, you guys are getting ready for your 3rd gathering already. Give us a little bit to see if we can round up a couple of ringers in our area and then it's game on

And sorry Mike, I've still to meet you and I already know you're a better player than me!

#11 11 years ago

Great to talk with you Bob!

I know the two guys closest to me will be out for another week or two, but if we can get a few others lined up for this weekend then the 18th would work for me. It definitely won't be our last one!

Would anyone else be able to make it on the 18th... somewhere between 2 and 8, we'd provide the standard picnic fare for dinner. If it's too short notice then I think we'd be looking at doing something in a couple weeks when I know of a few more who could make it out.

Also, if anyone wants to just throw out their own date and open their doors, there's no worries about hijacking the party!

Glenn lol, you guys are sure setting the bar high! I hope you all post some great photos after the event!

#16 11 years ago

Ok, hopefully everyone checks this thread throughout the week and I will update the original post also.

This Saturday I'll provide food and pinballs for whomever is able to come! Feel free to come as early as 2pm and we'll wrap up around 8pm. If you can only make it for a couple hours then come around 4pm and perhaps catch the bulk of other pinheads as we enjoy some food which will be provided around 5pm (pizza, salad, other easy picnic type fare).

It's not necessary to rsvp, just come on out. Our house is very kid friendly (I have five myself) so bring your whole family (even newborns!) and we'll have a good time getting to know each other while playing.

I'll update the orginal post with all of this as well. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

#17 11 years ago

It would certainly be easier to wait for this Saturday if I was actually at home this week with my pins to keep me occupied. But I'm working out of town this week and haven't even had time to look for places to play here in Sacramento (and there must be plenty of great places!)

Looking forward to see everyone Saturday.

#19 11 years ago

Yes Sir, up to date (though I am trying my best to pick up a table while I'm over here working out of town this week lol).

I know what you mean about that XMLE! Just looking at everyone collections I am pretty sure I won't be able to wait for gatherings to get scheduled and I'll be trying my best to camp out on some front door steps

#23 11 years ago

Leeb, that looks great. I love seeing rooms that are converted totally in to arcades with paint and carpet! You guys aren't far from me so I will definitely get a chance to check it out live I am sure.

#24 11 years ago

Just a quick update... Skateball is up and running, sweeeet!

The playfield is worn, I'll look to paint and coat it or else replace it if I can find a nice replacement. The seller had never been able to turn it on and thought the 'ball kicker' (his words) was broken. He'd received it from his uncle who had bought it new and he remembers playing it at his house growing up. Kind of a neat story as I talked with the kid, I didn't have time to play around with it as I was driving home but we agreed on a fair price and I figured if nothing else I could have fun doing a restoration, something I've not had to do yet but something that really interests me.

Well, spent a few hours today cleaning and checking things out. The inside of the cabinet looks brand new, it's really sad about the playfield wear But, it plays!! lol pretty cool.

#26 11 years ago

No worries drshaw, we'll definitely do it again soon!

Thanks to those who made it out!!

4 months later
#35 11 years ago

Count me in Todd, I should be home all of January so I'm definitely up for it.

Chris, love the video... but loved playing Avengers LE this past weekend even more LOL

Mike you sly dog, you're picking up Hulk after all huh

#36 11 years ago

Whomever hosts I can update the original post with the details.

#42 11 years ago

I know it's not the same, but I've enjoyed TZ on the pinball arcade app... I've never played it in real life but have enjoyed learning the rules on my tablet. How tricky is it to get dialed in?

#53 11 years ago

Next Friday, Saturday... anytime after that...

And, Hey! what do you mean you took my xmen score off with a software reset :p that's cheating lol

#58 11 years ago

Or the puncture could be from a very angry green man who is dying to bust out

#67 11 years ago

Dork and pinball can't exist in the same sentence... well, ok that is up for debate lol!

It's been great meeting so many players and owners/collectors in the area!

No dates set yet unless I missed something in the post. Mike shoot me a text or I'll keep checking this one for any updates, when something is planned I'll update the first thread too.

I wonder if it's the same plastic piece that Chris broke on his LE.. the clear one that is on the widow ramp?

#80 11 years ago

Saturday it is! Can't wait to see everyone there. Any particular timeframe Mike?

#91 11 years ago

How's it going Kelly, you know Mike (mpatricksp) from when you came to my house a few months back

3 months later
#115 11 years ago

Just sending a local shoutout to see if any local Utah folks are going to the Rocky Mountain pinball show... If you are driving, I'm in need of getting a Pin2K glass brought back. I was going to be driving with my boys but have been called out for work that weekend

#117 11 years ago

lol Thanks Jar, I fly enough to know a sheet of glass isn't going to make it safely back on any airline. I appreciate the thought

1 week later
#122 10 years ago
Quoted from drshaw:

Hey Don, is that you selling the SW:EP1 on KSL? I really love those Pin2000 games. And my son is a huge Star Wars fan, especially Darth Maul. I was at the RMPS and I kept finding myself going back to that table. Wish I had more money... I'm in the process of building out a game room in my house..
When's the next meetup at Mike's place??

That's mine. I love playing it, trying my best to get to the final darth maul battle. The ad is part of my agreement with my wife lol... I get to buy and keep pinball machines as long as they are all for sale. If you ever want to come down and play, bring the family for sure. We're always looking for people to come over and play!

Jeff is hosting next? Details let's do it!!

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from mpatricksp:

Well, I have stuff going on this weekend but other than that I am always up for a get together. Think I have all the games working but we all know how that goes.

Mike, we're going to need to set up a construction party at your place soon. Just imagine how many pins you could fit down there

1 week later
#131 10 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Any chance that one of you guys are planning to host a get together over the next few weeks? I will be back in SLC next week for a while.

If you're in town this week, give me a call and come over anytime. 1 42O 3BB5

#132 10 years ago

ACDC tournament at Jeff's! hehe can't wait

1 month later
#134 10 years ago

Updated the original post with details for this coming Saturday if anyone is free. It wasn't the long drawn out shipping ordeal that I had feared and now that our second 'keeper' is in the house I wanted to invite everyone over.

So PM for the address if you don't have it already, let me know if you'll be able to make it between 12-2 and I'll have lunch. If you can't make that window then no worries, feel free to come over literally anytime this Saturday... a gorgeous MM set on free play, heaven!

Don 1 42O 3885

#136 10 years ago

Sent out texts to those I had numbers for, and PM's to folks in this thread that I didn't.

#138 10 years ago

My 10 year old just knocked me off of the Grand Champion seat. Don't let him keep his place folks, come on over and show us how this things is supposed to played lol

#139 10 years ago

Looks like I keep blowing fuse 107, secondary flashers. Glad I'm home this week, hopefully I can get it fixed before Saturday!

EDIT:

Fixed Had been using fast burn fuses, switched to a slow burn fuse for the flasher cirtuit and it's game on!

#140 10 years ago

Evening all

#141 10 years ago

about ten games in after installing the colordmd and we blew up the main board in the game /cry

The color dmd didn't do it, I'm guessing our machines board was just ready to be replaced. But it looks like it may be out for a few days. I talked to Ray at Actionpinball.com over here in Salt Lake and will run the board up to him.

I was really hoping to have everyone post some high scores on our MM, but at this point it doesn't look like it will be ready for this weekend.

#142 10 years ago

Aaaand pheew!!! It lives!

Somehow (I know, but I'm embarrassed to say how) I burned a transistor on the high voltage piece of the AV board. I talked with mpatrick (who now will have the honor of having something important named after him) and he walked me through figuring out what had happened.

Short version is, it's working, and the little burned piece on the board that drives the old DMD is now isolated by pulling a fuse. And thankfully with the colordmd I no longer need the high voltage DMD part of the AV board.

pretty embarrassing, but the good news is that everything is working! We'll keep playing it nonstop to see what else I can break in the meantime lol

#144 10 years ago

That's terrific, can't wait

#146 10 years ago

Awesome!

#148 10 years ago

It was really nice having you over, thanks to everyone that came!

I'll still be expecting folks to post high scores on this thing for us to shoot towards So if anyone is around Salt Lake and feels the urge, just pm me.

1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 149.00
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slc-ut-meetup-01?tu=don1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.