(Topic ID: 22127)

SLC, UT meetup - 15 June 2013 (MM in the house!)

By Don1

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by slcpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
2013-01-02_20.33.12.jpg
004.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG
024.JPG
026.JPG
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 11 years ago

Saturday 15 June 2013 with food from 12-2pm

<Drum Roll>

It came!!! MEDIEVAL MADNESS is in the house!!!

To celebrate, and before I can really set any high scores, I want to invite everyone over this coming Saturday afternoon to hang out, play pinball, eat pizza, and most importantly put up some crazy scores for me to work on beating

The lights will stay on all day and all night. Feel free to come literally any time Saturday.

PM me for my address (I may have left it in this thread somewhere, but pm me with a headcount in any case)

For those who may not be available Saturday, I'm home all this week so feel free to stop by anytime.

Don

#2 11 years ago

Too bad these pinball machines aren't lighter and smaller! Then we could just bring em all over to your house Don!!! Ha ha

#3 11 years ago

No doubt!

I keep crossing my fingers that someday we'll have enough folks out here to actually pull off a local convention where we can bring em all somewhere for a few days and play all day long.

I think my friends tell me the same thing about every hobby I get in to, but this one really brings the kid out of you for sure. First thing I do in the morning is play play play.

#4 11 years ago

Either date would work for me. Looking forward to meeting a few more people around the valley

#5 11 years ago

maybe you guys could get a team going,and us AZ guys could come up and play against the SLC team?
could be the start of the NPL

#6 11 years ago

Well I can guarantee they aren't going to want me on the team, I suck

#7 11 years ago

No fair Glenn, you guys are getting ready for your 3rd gathering already. Give us a little bit to see if we can round up a couple of ringers in our area and then it's game on

And sorry Mike, I've still to meet you and I already know you're a better player than me!

#8 11 years ago

Don- hello there! We live about an hour out of the valley (hour and a half from Herriman) but we would love to come pinball-out with you..... The 18th works best for us. -Sherrie and Bob

#9 11 years ago

I could be interested in this. I'll follow the thread and figure out if it works when the time comes.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

No fair Glenn, you guys are getting ready for your 3rd gathering already. Give us a little bit to see if we can round up a couple of ringers in our area and then it's game on
And sorry Mike, I've still to meet you and I already know you're a better player than me!

sounds like you guys are about to really take off!
did you see the post about the "AZ midsummer nights pinball bash", next week? something like 46 machines!!!

#11 11 years ago

Great to talk with you Bob!

I know the two guys closest to me will be out for another week or two, but if we can get a few others lined up for this weekend then the 18th would work for me. It definitely won't be our last one!

Would anyone else be able to make it on the 18th... somewhere between 2 and 8, we'd provide the standard picnic fare for dinner. If it's too short notice then I think we'd be looking at doing something in a couple weeks when I know of a few more who could make it out.

Also, if anyone wants to just throw out their own date and open their doors, there's no worries about hijacking the party!

Glenn lol, you guys are sure setting the bar high! I hope you all post some great photos after the event!

#12 11 years ago

I would love to attend but will be out of town. Have fun.

#13 11 years ago

I also am in SLC... not sure if I could make it, but for census purposes I is here! I am working on a 1977 EM restore... so not playing, not much of a pin head (first machine) never really played them growing up nor pretty much ever in the last 20 years... but enjoyed a friends EM so got one as a project and for the family... if you need a totally newb for your team you could not go wrong selecting me!

They are fun though, cannot wait to get my restore done and in the house!

#14 11 years ago

I'll throw this out here. My place would be available just about any time, just need a little warning. My schedule is pretty open so can proably attend just about any time.

#15 11 years ago

I always want to meet more pin collectors, but we have a brand new baby and my free time has been destroyed.

#16 11 years ago

Ok, hopefully everyone checks this thread throughout the week and I will update the original post also.

This Saturday I'll provide food and pinballs for whomever is able to come! Feel free to come as early as 2pm and we'll wrap up around 8pm. If you can only make it for a couple hours then come around 4pm and perhaps catch the bulk of other pinheads as we enjoy some food which will be provided around 5pm (pizza, salad, other easy picnic type fare).

It's not necessary to rsvp, just come on out. Our house is very kid friendly (I have five myself) so bring your whole family (even newborns!) and we'll have a good time getting to know each other while playing.

I'll update the orginal post with all of this as well. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

#17 11 years ago

It would certainly be easier to wait for this Saturday if I was actually at home this week with my pins to keep me occupied. But I'm working out of town this week and haven't even had time to look for places to play here in Sacramento (and there must be plenty of great places!)

Looking forward to see everyone Saturday.

#18 11 years ago

I'm hoping to make it! Is your Pinside collection up to date (with the 4 tables)? mpatricksp has quite a few tables I'd like to play too. Maybe we can trick him into bringing that XMLE for us at least

mpatricksp: you live in Farmington? I'm pretty close (Bountiful)... I'd like to get a few rolls in on some of your tables at some point

#19 11 years ago

Yes Sir, up to date (though I am trying my best to pick up a table while I'm over here working out of town this week lol).

I know what you mean about that XMLE! Just looking at everyone collections I am pretty sure I won't be able to wait for gatherings to get scheduled and I'll be trying my best to camp out on some front door steps

#20 11 years ago

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my new gameroom so I'll have a few to throw into the mix if the party migrates over this way. (I can ride a bike to Mike P.'s house)

Thanks again for the moving muscle Mike. (They don't look like it, but my pins weigh about a thousand pounds apiece.)

Old and new....

026.JPG026.JPG 024.JPG024.JPG 002.JPG002.JPG 003.JPG003.JPG 004.JPG004.JPG

#21 11 years ago

I'm up in Alaska or else I'd be there. Have fun, everybody.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from drshaw:

mpatricksp: you live in Farmington? I'm pretty close (Bountiful)... I'd like to get a few rolls in on some of your tables at some point

You are welcome to stop by just about any time just shoot me a pm and we can set something up, but no I won't be bringing X-men to the party. I hate moveing them when I have to.

I plan on stopping by on Sat, probably around 3:30 or so.

#23 11 years ago

Leeb, that looks great. I love seeing rooms that are converted totally in to arcades with paint and carpet! You guys aren't far from me so I will definitely get a chance to check it out live I am sure.

#24 11 years ago

Just a quick update... Skateball is up and running, sweeeet!

The playfield is worn, I'll look to paint and coat it or else replace it if I can find a nice replacement. The seller had never been able to turn it on and thought the 'ball kicker' (his words) was broken. He'd received it from his uncle who had bought it new and he remembers playing it at his house growing up. Kind of a neat story as I talked with the kid, I didn't have time to play around with it as I was driving home but we agreed on a fair price and I figured if nothing else I could have fun doing a restoration, something I've not had to do yet but something that really interests me.

Well, spent a few hours today cleaning and checking things out. The inside of the cabinet looks brand new, it's really sad about the playfield wear But, it plays!! lol pretty cool.

#25 11 years ago

Sorry but I'm not going to make it. Was planning on it! I'll be at the next one. Thanks for organizing it and starting the movement.

#26 11 years ago

No worries drshaw, we'll definitely do it again soon!

Thanks to those who made it out!!

#27 11 years ago

Went over to mpatricksp's house tonight with a buddy and played for about 2 and half hours. We hardly gave him any notice and he just opened his doors to us. What an awesome collection and a super nice guy. Thanks for letting us come over and hopefully you'll have us over again sometime down the road. I think X-men might just be one of my favorite tables now and I don't know how long I can hold out. TDK surprised me as well... that game is super fun... I had no idea it was so cool. Tron just kicked my butt. ST:TNG was sweet. Thanks again.

#28 11 years ago

No problem, welcome any time, as is anyone. Nice meeting you guys.

#29 11 years ago

Also, let me know if you ever need any help moving those tables around or lifting new ones in to your house from your curb

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from drshaw:

Also, let me know if you ever need any help moving those tables around or lifting new ones in to your house from your curb

Does that include up and down the stairs?

#31 11 years ago

That's why I finished a room on the ground floor. Don't have to deal with the stairs anymore, thank god, man those machines can get heavy.

4 months later
#32 11 years ago

Anyone interested in a Pinball get together in January in SLC ? I missed the last one

#33 11 years ago

Hey guys!! Just put up some HD gameplay video of my new avengers!!
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-gameplay-hd#post-570583

#34 11 years ago

I was talking with drshaw and was going to try to set something up in January or Fegurary here. I am open for just about anytime. My Hulk LE hasn't shipped yet hoping sometime this week so we would proabably want to have it after it gets in.

#35 11 years ago

Count me in Todd, I should be home all of January so I'm definitely up for it.

Chris, love the video... but loved playing Avengers LE this past weekend even more LOL

Mike you sly dog, you're picking up Hulk after all huh

#36 11 years ago

Whomever hosts I can update the original post with the details.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

Mike you sly dog, you're picking up Hulk after all huh

Yea I ordered one a few days after you were here, couldn't resist. I told them not to ship it until after Christmas because I was going to be gone so it still hasn't shipped yet.

#38 11 years ago

Yeah I'm definitely down. I'm just fine tuning my new TZ and my friend just bought a ToM but it still needs some work (we've cleaned up about 75% of the 2-page laundry list, but still have some more glitches to iron out). I love going to Mike's place... he has a great collection! Count me and a friend or two in for sure.

#39 11 years ago

I'll try to remeber to turn them down this time, I was getting a headache after the last one.

#40 11 years ago

Drshaw,
did you end up buying the TZ from the guy in colorado? I ended up buying a local BSD for a good price.

#41 11 years ago

No I bought a TZ and a ToM for a friend from the same guy in Lexington Kentucky as a package deal. Shipping was a nightmare and I'll probably have to file a claim due to damage on both machines. I just about have the TZ dialed in to 100% now though.

#42 11 years ago

I know it's not the same, but I've enjoyed TZ on the pinball arcade app... I've never played it in real life but have enjoyed learning the rules on my tablet. How tricky is it to get dialed in?

#43 11 years ago

that is too bad about the damage..hope you got a good price. I would love either of those machines...but mostly the TZ....a fun pin.

#44 11 years ago

Well, I just got a call from STI and they are going to deliver the Hulk on Firday. Hopfuly I don't have the same issue as drshaw had with them.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from mpatricksp:

Well, I just got a call from STI and they are going to deliver the Hulk on Firday. Hopfuly I don't have the same issue as drshaw had with them.

Exciting! I'm going to have to have everybody over sometime soon so that they can push my high scores up a bit and give me more to shoot for.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

How tricky is it to get dialed in?

Let's see, the main power driver board had come loose in shipping and I'm having a problem with one of the transistors now, the DMD needed to be replaced (Thanks Mike for the loaner), minor switch adjustments to the rocket and rocket kicker so it would act more reliably, I'll have to replace the slot machine and clock millions targets with the new reinforced versions, new coil stops for the lower flippers, few bulbs and flashers were out, new 9.4H ROM.

Then I spent about $500 on mods (piano, camera, gumballs, chrome side mirrors, target decals, door translite color changer, new powerball, powerball custom plunger).

This "hobby".... It's gonna be the death of me!

Quoted from mpatricksp:

Saweet!! You should be good... NIB should be packed perfect.

Quoted from toddsolus:

that is too bad about the damage..hope you got a good price. I would love either of those machines...but mostly the TZ....a fun pin.

TZ is my all-time favorite. My buddy 15 minutes away has one and I liked it so much that I had to have my own.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Exciting! I'm going to have to have everybody over sometime soon so that they can push my high scores up a bit and give me more to shoot for.

Yea that is why I keep having people over. They put up high scores then I spend all my time trying to get them off. Either that or I just update the software and re-set them all to default, that is how I got them off X-men .

#48 11 years ago

Double post.

#49 11 years ago

The game is coming along though. Here is a picture. I still need to install my chrome side mirrors and the translite color changing door mod. Playfield is immaculate. (Edit: Doh! Phone Upload = Picture is sideways. Let's try this again)

2013-01-02_20.33.12.jpg2013-01-02_20.33.12.jpg

#50 11 years ago

Ok, if we want to do this I will let you all figure out what date. I am open just about any time except this coming Monday the 7th.

I will provide Steaks and Chicken from Don's Meats, drinks and probably potato salad, if you never had them they are great. Just shoot me a pm if you plan on coming with how many people and what you would prefer. If you are bringing kids and they would rather have hotdogs or hamburgers let me know as I will have some of those also.

Once we get a date figured out I will PM you my address when I get your food info as I don't want to post it in the open forum.

Thanks,

Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,600 (OBO)
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 64.99
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slc-ut-meetup-01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.