IMG_2832 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2817 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2799 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2801 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2733 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2770 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 3 years ago

Nice! Keep it up , let’s see this thing flipping !!

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Thanks! Love your project. Hope to flip it some day.

Thanks! Fir sure it will be at our NW show when that happens again. Hoping to get it in the cabinet by June in prep for that. But always open to visitors that want to play too Hope to play yours as well! Been a while since I’ve seen the movie, gotta watch again

2 weeks later
#34 3 years ago

Rats nest for the win!! You may regret it down the line though- ha!

#38 3 years ago

Awesome milestone!!

1 month later
#43 3 years ago

That be a beautiful rats nest lol - good looking art concepts so far

1 week later
#46 3 years ago

Loving the jump ramp!

#49 3 years ago

Alternatively to the opto pair— a proximity switch like this works really good underneath the playfield, below the captive ball. I can send you some if you want to try them out- I have way too many extra ones. They do a good job, just a little big so not ideal for putting all over the place.

7E6550CA-AC9A-404A-8A88-01831D3FD64B (resized).jpeg7E6550CA-AC9A-404A-8A88-01831D3FD64B (resized).jpeg0B08CE89-06F8-49CD-BCD5-FEE59261D785 (resized).jpeg0B08CE89-06F8-49CD-BCD5-FEE59261D785 (resized).jpeg
#51 3 years ago

Yeah.. you’re right - pretty tight there, proxy probably out.

2 months later
#58 3 years ago

Is that pla or petg? Would highly recommend sturdying the screw mount points with more attachment to the main structure and using an angled piece on each to provide 2-axis support. I started out doing bosses similar to yours but I had a lot snap off of prints when mounting. The angled piece stopped that right away. Granted I use power tools to screw usually but non-the-less, it sucks to have mount points break off on a 15 hr print.

Love the flipper thru the backboard, I don’t think that’s been done before! Fun idea with the mosh pit. Keep up the updates, I love seeing progress! 3D printing opens up a while nother world for sure. Unfortunately modeling seems to take some time but the end result of being able to replicate a part with zero effort or tweak it with little effort is so nice!!!

#59 3 years ago

Back glass is kickass!! Mirrored- yyaaas!!!

#61 3 years ago

Ah gotcha, yeah petg seems much stronger. I would print with it but I was having huge stringing issues and then learned about possible VOCs and I work from home in the printer room so PLA it is lol

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Furiously googles VOCs.

Ha! Guess it’s also about nano-particles. I can’t tell from reading if either are much of a concern or not, but seen some concern about it even with Pinside users that 3D print. I spend all day in a non vented room with it running pretty often so I figure why take chances. Plus the whole stringing issues. PLA is so nice to print, I just wish it was sturdier in some situations where small walls are required

3 months later
#66 2 years ago

Progress!! Hell yeah. Little sad to see that reverse pf go away, that would have been wild to play but progress forward is good!

1 month later
#74 2 years ago

Looks great!

#77 2 years ago

Fun times ha!

1 month later
#83 2 years ago

Oh man, is diner a screen printed cab? The sanding sucks.. looks like you got a decent sander at least, I really need to upgrade from my harbor freight one

#92 2 years ago

Nothing like the sound of the sander at 9am Saturday hahaha

2 weeks later
#107 2 years ago

Hahaha flannel would be a first on pinball trim I think, that would be crazy. I like the purple the best personally although the orange is interesting in the full set. Blue is nice too - stands out more than purple and red blends in too much I think

1 week later
#112 2 years ago

Hell yeah!!!

1 week later
#114 2 years ago

Looks awesome!

2 weeks later
#121 2 years ago

exciting milestone, getting the art on the cab. Very cool!

1 week later
#123 2 years ago

Hahaha love that

#125 2 years ago

looks like a lot of head hardware. I see the head latches - which would take 5 of those wood screws to secure. The two metal plates that sit on the bottom of the head to secure it to the cab with the 6 bolts. This looks mixed in with the 4 older style full-thread head securing bolts.. and a power filter cap from a pre 90's game? And there's two longer bolts with the metal bearings that should to secure the two head swivel brackets to the cabinet I believe.. the playfield would sit on the metal bearings on the inside of the cab? The single long shinier bolt looks like the securing bolt for the head-> cab connection .. although I think there's usually two of those? That leaves like 6 of those black bolts that are used either for securing head corner brackets, or for hardware like the coin door or lockdown reciever.

#130 2 years ago

Looking sweet, great armor!!

1 week later
#133 2 years ago

Dang!!! That looks sweet! What shelf width and cut depth did you go with for the inserts?

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

It varies a little bit on shelf width but roughly 1 mm to 2mm and depth I did 1/4 inch. I’ve never had to sand down inserts before so hopefully it’s not too much of a pain. There is a good 1 mm of plastic above the level of the wood.

Thanks! I’ve got 1.7 in cad and was worried that might be too small but sounds like it should be fine.. I’m also concerned about the sanding .. but cutting them exact seems like a risk if one goes too low

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Too low definitely seems worse. Sanding has to happen regardless because a lot the inserts have raised numbers on them. You didn’t have to sand your inserts the first time around?

Haven’t done it yet— but most of my inserts don’t have numbers if I remember correctly.

3 weeks later
#149 2 years ago

That’s interesting that the cnc still had some slop on some inserts - wonder how that happens.. are you going with the spray can clear or auto clear?

1 week later
#164 2 years ago

So shiny!! Looks sharp

#166 2 years ago

I will definitely be there, and it's the plan to bring FC as well. I promised myself it's only coming if I get it off the rotisserie and into the cab though, so I am pushing hard to make that happen. I think I'm getting down to just some wiring stuff that technically needs to get done, and then some stretch goals before that process can happen. I'm crossing my fingers all the clearances are there haha

The show itself -- I'm biased since it's so close haha..and Ive been doing transportation for them for a number of years. My personal opinion though, after going to expo this year is that it's more focused on games. With covid, we'll see what it's like.. but usually there's a ton of free play area games (vendor games are all mixed in the same area as well) and they all are running pretty good.. there's plenty of techs working on any issues that come up the whole show. It might be one of the only shows where they rent moving trucks and drive around the surrounding area to collect and bring back games for the show... I think it's a great show. Maybe a downside for some is no alcohol in the games area. The talks are no longer in a dedicated room either but out front near the hall entrance, which has its upsides and downsides.

You thinking about coming?

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I’m thinking about coming for sure. I’ve got friends in Seattle I’ve got to give myself some sort of deadline. I’ve only been to Expo so I don’t really know what to expect from smaller shows but thanks for the info.

Sweet! I actually dont know that I would call ours a smaller show than expo— just different vibe a bit. Hope to see you there!

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Yeah. It’s going to come down to code. I’m confident I can have the game in cabinet and flipping by then but I don’t know that I’ll have much of a game to play.

Doesn’t need to do too much, fun just to flip

I love SCS — hugely satisfying to see metal come back laser cut. I still need to do all my guides as well with them — holding off for final playfield though.

2 weeks later
#182 2 years ago

Nice progress!

2 weeks later
#187 2 years ago

Looking good! Bending metal that short def looks like a pain

1 month later
#198 1 year ago

I feel the pain! Keep at it, I wanna flip this thing!

1 month later
#213 1 year ago

Dammit! Was looking fwd to playing this! Be great to meet you tho

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I know. Sorry I failed you guys. I’m looking forward to playing Fight Club more than anything else at the show!

I still haven't had time to sit down and try to run thru a bunch of games in a row other than 1 night I had some friends over for an hour of play. makes me a bit nervous as sometimes when I am testing the flippers and ball devices all cut out and I have to restart. I really have no clue how well it's going to hold up to constant play.. guess we'll find out Will give you a pass this year on yours, but next year it's gotta be there

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from Octomodz:

What PSU are you using?

Meanwell— but it appears to be a communication error with mpf and the boards, possibly tripping the watchdog timer.

3 months later
#237 1 year ago
Quoted from Octomodz:

I may try these switches out. I didn't really want a gate on top, so the MRS may work best. I sent Sonic a message.

Love mrs. just wish they weren’t so spendy.. got sonics mrs for the in and outlanes on mine. I use the wms style ones for upper lane detection to pop feed and a few other places. Really happy with all of them.

2 months later
#250 1 year ago

Love the look of that!!

1 month later
#261 1 year ago

Personally I’d say pinwoofer is overkill- think you could get away cheaper and still be happy but I’m also far from an expert on it. I think I just read somewhere that Gerry might sell you a set that the P3 uses if you asked? Those things, with the woofer, get LOUD!

Not positive on the p3roc, but would expect the audio line just goes direct back to your PC - via an amp - from the speakers.

4 weeks later
#281 1 year ago

Looking legit!

2 weeks later
#309 1 year ago

No help on the PROC slack channel? I don’t recall mpf installing any PROC stuff directly with the package installer, wonder if it’s just a dependency that’s missing. I know in past versions some things did not install and had to be done manually ..wheel for example. If you had someone that has it running with PROC boards with the latest version, they could send you a screen cap of their pip list and then you can manually install and uninstall versions and items until the lists match. Just an idea.. this saved my ass a few years ago

#314 1 year ago

lights look great! So are you still getting the same error that there's no Pinproc / compatible version installed? Are you also on the MPF google groups? That might be a good place to ask as well, or search for "pinproc". Seems you are not alone in this issue -- I found one thread that says: downgrading to python 3.7.9 works. So possibly a python issue..

Getting this to work can be super frustrating but once you get it - it all just works and it's awesome, and you never have to mess with it again except possibly if you continue upgrading to stable new versions of MPF.

#319 1 year ago

If that doesn't work I would def. take up Stefanmader's offer to see his Pip list and just manually match the install versions and packages. I don't know all what was added from .54 to .56 but I think you can def. get by with .54 considering I am running .52 and have yet to run into something I needed that wasn't implemented

#329 1 year ago

Are the Eos switches configured as NC in the switch configs?

#334 1 year ago

Sweeet! That’s a good feeling!

1 week later
#338 1 year ago

Mpf is a lot to take in at first - takes months before some stuff starts to click, especially the event based processing. The errors were very frustrating for a long time.. the logs are your friend, I’m still checking them constantly now tho the first couple years a was just stumbling around. Sometimes it takes trying a different image or sound file - for example it’s possible you’re getting a weird error on an image simply because it’s a Jpg and not a jpg. Not evident in logs - gotta trial and error it. But most things tell you what’s up after a crash via logging.

MPF is very specific in what it wants .. which can be good and bad. Once you see an error enough it can usually be quick to resolve. There are like 10 or so very typical ones I find myself making over and over.
Feel free to pm me with questions / frustrations on mpf or post here. Happy to assist where possible. I think I get notifications on slack as well if you ask there, via pm. Just having someone look at your yaml where there’s an issue often can help.

Keep at it man - you’re in too deep to let some coding stop ya

4 weeks later
#349 1 year ago

Hell yeah! Thanks for doing the update video, love the progress! The idea to have each player associated to a color is great. Regarding the screen -- Atum is probably right there if your setting the image y to "middle - 100" or whatever and it's not dropping the image down at all. If the MPF window wasn't extended down enough though, I would expect the bottom of your image to start to get cut off the more you lowered it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bartlett, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slc-punk-the-pinball-retheme?tu=Mbecker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.