69 days ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1423 (resized).JPG
IMG_1428 (resized).JPG
IMG_1429 (resized).JPG
IMG_1430 (resized).JPG
SLCpunkPinballconceptart (resized).jpg
stevo flyer (resized).jpg

#1 69 days ago

Hello all. I'm officially starting a thread to dump all of my thoughts and progress pics and frustrations and inevitable banging my head against a wall while I try to troubleshoot this project that is probably wayyyy to big for me to take on! As the title says I am going to be retheming a game that I have into SLC Punk. For those of you that aren't familiar it's a really great indie film set in my home town of Salt Lake City about a group of punk kids. Matthew Lillard plays the lead and does a damn good job of it. It's a great movie with a great sound track if you are into punk music and a great overall theme of what it's like to grow up, lose faith, and sell out!

As you can tell by my user name I'm a big fan but also a big fan of punk music in general. Rather than wait until stern puts out a music pin that isn't the music that my father listened to I've decided to do it myself! I've already got the pinsound board and have been experimenting with the program. Going to be a lot of work but I'm excited to do the sound design myself!

I'm no artist but I have some friends that are unbelievably talented. I've got the vision but can't make pretty things happen with pen and paper. Rather than a whole lot of clip art from the movies I'm much more of a fan of original art on pins so we will take an illustrated approach. IF we end up using images from the movie we will incorporate them in a zine style aesthetic. Possibly some touches of graffiti. A lot of this is up to my artist so I'm just spit balling.

As far as the game we will be retheming.... drumroll...... Diner! Diner is a great game that is a lot of fun to play but if we are being honest the them isn't the best and the music and call outs are less than awesome. Before too many of you get your panties in a bunch I made sure I found one in pretty bad shape. Playfield is planking, several insert decals are worn off, multiple inserts are lifting out of the playfield. Broken ramps. Missing plastics. The whole nine yards. The back glass is in really good shape and we plan on reusing it. Perhaps building a light box for it and put a working clock inside. That's my intro. Will post some pics. Also post some ideas for how to make the rules work for this new them. I'd like to change code only slightly at first. Phase 2 I plan on recoding the whole game to make the rules deeper and modes more interesting but that will be another mountain to climb for another time!

IMG_1423 (resized).JPGIMG_1428 (resized).JPGIMG_1429 (resized).JPGIMG_1430 (resized).JPGSLCpunkPinballconceptart (resized).jpgstevo flyer (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside