Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4a64td (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    1ecf7cc5f2d13eeffd4e5bcc717c93de (resized).jpg
    D3884A47-447D-42FA-B715-FF6B366B860C (resized).jpeg
    299E081C-01FF-462E-9971-F0BA4BF7D3F5 (resized).jpeg
    B4C6FDEE-883C-4384-B18B-B95691EEF147.gif
    cb2816e86a69a487041a7d37d0b77b78ca4de9db (resized).jpg
    cb2816e86a69a487041a7d37d0b77b78ca4de9db (resized).jpg
    4BC6C786-1667-418C-90A6-E4465558E775 (resized).jpeg
    axl-rose (resized).png
    Good.gif
    There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

The best thing about this license is that it should be relatively free of restrictions. I predict at least 20 songs in the game and Slash callouts! I just hope they find a good artist to make it all look great.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

The best news for you guys would be if JJP...(wait for it)...Slashed the price of the new GNR pin.

I hope so, but if the company is just barely Stradlin’ the line of profitability It’s [not] So Easy to do that.

#53 4 years ago

He will bring pinball to the forefront .

cb2816e86a69a487041a7d37d0b77b78ca4de9db (resized).jpgcb2816e86a69a487041a7d37d0b77b78ca4de9db (resized).jpg
    #54 4 years ago

This is a title I can't wait to see!!!! Hoping it's as cool as potc.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

The best thing about this license is that it should be relatively free of restrictions. I predict at least 20 songs in the game and Slash callouts! I just hope they find a good artist to make it all look great.

Chris Franchi should work for JJP

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

I hope so, but if the company is just barely Stradlin’ the line of profitability It’s [not] So Easy to do that.

Have some patience.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Have some patience.

I’ll try, but it’s hard when the odds seem to be about One in a Million.

#58 4 years ago

This might cause a “civil war”

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

I’ll try, but it’s hard when the odds seem to be about One in a Million.

Now thats one that will not make the play list.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

If accurate, why would he sell off his WoZ?

He didn’t. The items in that auction were his ex’s.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

He didn’t. The items in that auction were his ex’s.

"I used to love her.....but I had to kill her...."

#62 4 years ago

If podcast rumors can be trusted it sounds like Slash easily secured the rights to "Live And Let Die" from McCartney but just phoning him up after JJP's licensing people made zero headway. Paul probably didn't even charge him because they are good friends.

That alone shows how great it is to have somebody like Slash involved in a pin like this.

#63 4 years ago

Can Slash call JK Rowling for Jack and pin community?

Quoted from anathematize:

If podcast rumors can be trusted it sounds like Slash easily secured the rights to "Live And Let Die" from McCartney but just phoning him up after JJP's licensing people made zero headway. Paul probably didn't even charge him because they are good friends.
    That alone shows how great it is to have somebody like Slash involved in a pin like this.

#64 4 years ago

Slash is the new Roger Sharpe.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Slash will do more to promote pinball than any single person 2019+ Bring it!!![quoted image]

more than whatsherface Kardashian?

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Can Slash call JK Rowling for Jack and pin community?

hey they are both british. stranger things have happened!

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I kind of remember Slash volunteering that info a while back.

Yes, he allready confirmed that a year a go or so...

#68 4 years ago

can't wait till we finally get a good sounding music pin straight from the factory!

#69 4 years ago

I can't wait till he reveals a new clear coat formula!

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I can't wait till he reveals a new clear coat formula!

Doh!

#71 4 years ago

GNR blows! LOL ducking! Good Band but really though, Axle's voice has not held up well. He sounds like Katheryn Hepburn trying to sound like Axle!

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

GNR blows! LOL ducking! Good Band but really though, Axle's voice has not held up well. He sounds like Katheryn Hepburn trying to sound like Axle!

singing like Axl isn't easy.

good thing the pin will likely be loaded with all the tracks from the prime years of the band.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from anathematize:

singing like Axl isn't easy.
    good thing the pin will likely be loaded with all the tracks from the prime years of the band.

Axl has a rep for his way or the highway, let's hope he doesn't demand some of their less than stellar tracks be used on the pin. I lost interest in these guys after their first album, hope this pin is a big step up above the DE pin--which I really like.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Axl has a rep for his way or the highway, let's hope he doesn't demand some of their less than stellar tracks be used on the pin. I lost interest in these guys after their first album, hope this pin is a big step up above the DE pin--which I really like.

yes. i hope he doesn’t try to block/influence anything and just lets slash do something that is clearly a passion of his.

i believe they are on pretty friendly terms these days so crossing my fingers.

#75 4 years ago

I said this in another thread a few months ago, but I'd love to see the ability to purchase songs from GnR's catalouge within the pin's software, (like a connection to iTunes or something) and load into the game what we want.

Of course, certain modes, inserts, multiballs might be song specific, but I would love this option for music pins. It seems like the bands would be for that, and the manufactures as well, if they could save by not licensing as many songs and make the product more appealing.

Probably a pipe dream, but stranger things have happened.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

I said this in another thread a few months ago, but I'd love to see the ability to purchase songs from GnR's catalouge within the pin's software, (like a connection to iTunes or something) and load into the game what we want.
    Of course, certain modes, inserts, multiballs might be song specific, but I would love this option for music pins. It seems like the bands would be for that, and the manufactures as well, if they could save by not licensing as many songs and make the product more appealing.
    Probably a pipe dream, but stranger things have happened.

This model worked with Rock Band, etc. because they had millions of users buying songs at $1.99 a pop. It's kind of fun to imagine it in a pinball machine, but it would never work at the scale of a couple of thousand units.

#77 4 years ago

First if it's true and many want it great for you and JJp. I hope they sell a boat load and make lots of $$$ and make everyone happy.

Music themes are not my cup of tea. I have Met and will keep it with that. Example : I love the Beatles saw Paul McCartney & Wings, been to Love in Vegas at least 3 times.. The Beatles pinball I just have no interest, never even wanted to play it. If there is a general theme I prefer it's the super hero's. Comments are just my personal taste, not intending to offend.

Cheers.

#78 4 years ago

This could easily be JJP top seller (behind WOZ thats had the better part of a decade to rack up sales). Slash involvement is a huge plus. THe DE game is the best DE ever.

My biggest fear / hope:

DO NOT DO PHOTOSHOP DRAG/DROP ART!!!!!!

The art has to be great!! The simple cabinet art on the DE cabinet is perfect. Dont splash it with concert photos. Handdrawn playfield artwork is a must. Be authentic to the brand. Stick with artwork from the bands branding NOT photographs.

#79 4 years ago

In for one if it isn't a widebody

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoshPA:

In for one if it isn't a widebody.

That was my number one dating rule.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Widebodies need loving too

#82 4 years ago

I also have no interest in widebodies, pinball or otherwise...

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

I also have no interest in widebodies, pinball or otherwise...

Totally agree. I like how standard bodies play. I find widebodies to play too slow. Iron Maiden is basically the non-widebody version of TZ.

#84 4 years ago

This might be my first JJP. Looking forward to how this one develops. Hope it’s at Expo!

#85 4 years ago

Potential songs I might pick...

Appetite for Destruction:

Welcome to the Jungle
    It's So Easy
    Nightrain
    Out ta Get Me
    Mr. Brownstone
    Paradise City
    Sweet Child o' Mine"
    Rocket Queen
    My Michelle

Lies:
    Mama Kin (doubt they would use it but I like it better than the Aerosmith version)
    Used to love her

Use Your Illusion I:
    Live and Let Die
    Don't Damn Me

Use Your Illusion II:
    Civil War (maybe not a great pinball song?)
    You Could Be Mine
    Get in the Ring

Chinese Democracy:
    The title track
    IRS

#86 4 years ago

i heard every pin will come with a can of dr. pepper.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Was?

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from advans13:

i heard every pin will come with a can of dr. pepper.

Rather it be a gram of Mr. Brownstone!!

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Widebodies need loving too

But they gotta pay.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Iron Maiden is basically the non-widebody version of TZ.

B4C6FDEE-883C-4384-B18B-B95691EEF147.gifB4C6FDEE-883C-4384-B18B-B95691EEF147.gif
    #91 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Rather it be a gram of Mr. Brownstone!!

W/ duff shooter rod

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from advans13:

W/ duff shooter rod

Boom!

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

stranger things have happened

I hope so, that would be a great theme

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I hope so, that would be a great theme

I agree! 100% I love Stranger Things

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Slash will do more to promote pinball than any single person 2019+

but, but, but...
    alice cooper just named his current tour "alice coopers nightmare castle" and it looks as though a spooky pin may be part of the stage show. its just the catalyst charly needed to sell the last of the ACNC inventory.

#96 4 years ago

Wonder if JJP will have a booth and follow tour around??

#97 4 years ago

Will be a great ‘19 Chicago Expo, 2 must have games.

299E081C-01FF-462E-9971-F0BA4BF7D3F5 (resized).jpeg299E081C-01FF-462E-9971-F0BA4BF7D3F5 (resized).jpegD3884A47-447D-42FA-B715-FF6B366B860C (resized).jpegD3884A47-447D-42FA-B715-FF6B366B860C (resized).jpeg
    #98 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

One in a Million.

Quoted from HOOKED:

Now thats one that will not make the play list.

how about this version?

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

how about this version?

Detroit's own!

#100 4 years ago

I had to stop dating after I got married. My wife insisted on it.

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slash-reveals-new-guns-n-roses-pinball-machine/page/2?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.