(Topic ID: 62190)

SLAP--St Louis Area Pinball Leagues, 2013 Fall League rosters forming now!

By BrianBannon

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

758881925.gif
    #1 10 years ago

We are creating rosters for location specific Pinball Leagues right now in the St Louis Metro area. Two of these locations just finished summer league play in the past month or so and are starting up again. League play will begin at 7pm on September 11th at The Silver Ballroom and 3rd Rail Bar and Grill. CP Pinball's official fall league night is September 18th, but they will be having their first unofficial league night on September 11th to allow for pre-plays.

--CP Pinball--one of the finest pinball arcades in the nation, with over 80 games available for play. Owned and operated by a true pinball enthusiast, Chuck Sanderson. South Roxana, Illinois. Non-Smoking--league space available. Check out http://www.cppinball.com/ for contact information.
    --The Silver Ballroom—drinking establishment where you can find Pinball, Punk Rock, and PBR. 18 games available for play. South St Louis area. Smoking--league space available but filling up fast, don't delay. Contact Brian Benway at [email protected] to get your name on the league roster.
    --3rd Rail Bar and Grill—Great bar food and drink available with 13 machines—and more being added in the next few weeks. Pacific, MO…five minutes from the I-44 Six Flags exit. Non-smoking--league space available. Contact Brian Bannon for more information.

These leagues will meet on Wednesday nights. League runs ten weeks plus one week of playoffs . League Meets start at 7pm and are usually finished before 9pm each night. WPPR points will be awarded for each individual league. Players of all skill levels are involved in league play, from World Class to novice level.

Missouri and Illinois league play are endorsed by the IFPA and count toward inclusion in the IFPA Missouri State Championship or the IFPA Illinois State Championship, both to be held in February 2014.

Don't delay, first Meet is next week on Wednesday evening, September 11th!

If you are interested, or need more information on league play or regarding any of the three league locations, please respond to this post or contact Brian Bannon at [email protected].

Thanks,
    Brian Bannon

#2 10 years ago

If you are on the fence and in the area I highly recommend going. Always good times and good people.

Thank you Chuck, Doc, and Brian for making such wonderful games available to us St. Louis pinheads.

Hopefully WOZ makes it's appearance this session in league.

#3 10 years ago

SLAP - I like it. Good luck!

#4 10 years ago

Brian,

I will be there this fall. Soccer is on tuesdays and thursdays

Kurt

#5 10 years ago

I would hate to have to choose one location over the other two. They all appeal to me, do most choose by proximity?

#6 10 years ago

LOVE the name, lol SLAP!

758881925.gif758881925.gif

#7 10 years ago

Some choose location by proximity but not all. Great league and looking forward to next week......

#8 10 years ago

Hmmmmmm

I like Pinball

I live in STL

Hmmmmmm

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Hmmmmmm
    I like Pinball
    I live in STL
    Hmmmmmm

Come on down to the 3rd Rail Chris! Good fun.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#10 10 years ago

I'm trying my first league play at the Ballroom. It's the closest one to me. Chuck's isn't that much farther but I have to work in the morning.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

LOVE the name, lol SLAP!

John Miller came up with that acronym just prior to our first season of the traveling league. It really fit as our one league used three different locations throughout the season. Now, we have enough participation at each location for location specific leagues.

League play is great fun, league dues are relatively inexpensive, and all the league members have to do is show up to play. All the data entry, legwork, planning, and weekly administration is done for you.

#12 10 years ago

If you are still on the fence regarding league play, keep in mind that you can play as a guest if you just want to check it out. Just show up at any of the three league locations on a Wednesday evening and we will place you in a Group for that Meet, no problem. We have had quite a few league members start out by playing as a guest.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slap-st-louis-area-pinball-leagues-2013-fall-league-rosters-forming-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.