4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ABE_FLIPS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Since im playing alone every day and getting better, some questions came up.
    I have Pinball 101 and 102 and I'm watching pinball streams, but it cant replace real teaching.

Am I right that slide save is a extreme version of a slap save?
    At first I just let the flipper in the up position and after that i slid the machine.

The thing is, when i see a ball going slowly SDTM, a slap save is not enough, because I really have to move the machine a little bit to save the ball.
    I know the "slap" should also move the machine but in some cases the slap will not be enough and it hurts when hitting harder.
    Slapping harder also wont help, because the timing is way too off with slower SDTM drains. The flipper will rise too early.

My solution is that I drag the machine with my palms an push the flipper button a little bit later to get the timing right.
    It feels like I decouple my fingers from the hands, so I'm able to be more precise.

Am I doing it right, and how do you do it?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ABE_FLIPS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slap-save-amp-slide-save-in-depth?tu=ABE_FLIPS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.