(Topic ID: 209303)

Slam Tilt Unresponsive

By sethbenjamin

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So, this is an odd issue. My slam tilt switch - usually used by me to reboot the game when I drain early and get pissed off - has completely stopped working. Nothing else that I can tell is being affected by it, it just won't reset the game any more. Anyone else ever encounter this?

#2 6 years ago

So you slam tilt the game to restart an early drain. Let's think about that....

#3 6 years ago

I don't know if I've ever slam tilted in life. But check for a broken wire, it sounds like you're hard on your machines.

Not sure if this works with RG, but you may be able to push and hold the start button in for a restart / fresh game, rather than beating the bejeezus out of your game.

#4 6 years ago

I don't slam the thing, I just open up the coin door and touch the contacts together. Chill, dudes.

#5 6 years ago

Why don't you just push the start button again? Some games you have to set the restart adjustment to instant. Most older games start a new game when you simply push start again.

#6 6 years ago

Huh, I guess I always figured that started up a multi-player game. But now that you mention it, I guess after ball 1 that isn't how it works, is it?

None of which answers my mystery switch problem, but point taken.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Huh, I guess I always figured that started up a multi-player game. But now that you mention it, I guess after ball 1 that isn't how it works, is it?
None of which answers my mystery switch problem, but point taken.

Well, the part where I said check for a broken wire does actually answer it. . Broken wires are pretty common up front with the constant impacts of flippers firing. You might have knocked off a wire that was already frayed when activating the switch.

#8 6 years ago

Checking for a broken wire was the first thing I did. All looks OK.

#9 6 years ago

Have you tested the wire with a multimeter? Bypassed the switch and tested at the board? Multiple slam switches in the game with a wire broken on one you don't use?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.