Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by swedishc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

On my CV, I am getting a Slam Tilt during gameplay only when the ringmaster is in the down position (switch 44) and the left lane switch is activated (switch 41).

I replaced the diode on both of these switches, but it didn't fix the issue. I am not sure what to try next, and it is confusing that they are both in the same row of the switch matrix but not right next to each other.

Working on the switches in the ringmaster assembly is tricky since it is not easy to access them, so before I start replacing more diodes in that row I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Also, it should be noted that none of the slam tilt switches are closed, so I don't think it is related to those switches.

Thanks in advance!

#3 9 years ago

Thanks chrisjens2, but your thread didn't have a final solution. It sounded like you replaced the trough opto board and it still didn't fix the issue or introduced a new issue?

What is strange in my case is that while the Left Lane switch (#41) is on the same row as the Slam Tilt switch, the Ring Master Down switch (#44) is not on the same row or column as the Slam Tilt.

#4 9 years ago

I'm still fixing my error. I know, I know it's been a long time but I have to be in a certain mood to troubleshoot. I much prefer shopping out, or installing mods compared to electrical repair. I know that's not what you wanted to hear but I was also hoping some of the advise given to me might help you out.

#5 9 years ago

I had a slam tilt issue on my Flintstones that was completely random. Turned out to be low 12v's on the driver board. Had already checked for wires being around the wrong way and diodes. Was surprised to find it was low 12v which can apparently play havoc with the switch matrix.

#6 9 years ago

Check ALL! switches for wrong connection .
Suspect first stand up targets , because they have often loose wires and people tend
to solder them wrong .
White goes always on the opposite side of the band of the diode , green in the middle no direct
connection to the diode .

1 week later
#8 9 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

Check ALL! switches for wrong connection .

This was the issue. I found a switch where the diode was going to wrong way. Everything works now.

Thanks wellarmed!

#9 9 years ago

Thank you for the feedback !

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from swedishc:

This was the issue. I found a switch where the diode was going to wrong way. Everything works now.
Thanks wellarmed!

Which switch was it? Just curious

#11 9 years ago

It was the the Ringmaster down position (switch 44). I could see that the solder joint wasn't factory.

Now, the ringmaster magnet seems super weak. Sigh. I will start another thread to try and figure that one out, but I need to put my DMM on there first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slam-tilt-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.