(Topic ID: 138484)

Slam switch error w/new Pascal board. Help needed please!

By Butch2099

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Butch2099
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150915_173423.jpg
www.flippp.fr_media_manual_manual_PI-1X4_en.pdf.jpg
1441934946782.jpg
20150910_210532.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I bought a new Pascal board & installed it in my Gottlieb Spiderman. I have everything wired correctly, game set to Spiderman. I go to start a game & it says slam. I check the door & it looks like the switch is missing. I don't have an extra around. Is there a way to bypass it? Am I looking in the wrong place?

20150910_210532.jpg20150910_210532.jpg

#2 8 years ago

The slam switch on the door is a normally closed switch. Just jumper the two wires together as a temporary measure (the two wires to the right of the lock)

Is there a setting on the pascal board to disable the slam switch?

#3 8 years ago

They are twisted toget her under the shrink. I'm not sure if there is a setting on the board itself or not

1441934946782.jpg1441934946782.jpg

#4 8 years ago

Did you check the pins of connectors as usual ,
Remember that serie has always BAD connectors. Take a look on pins.

#5 8 years ago

How about the switch on the tilt assembly? That one is supposed to be normally closed as well. It opens when the ball rolls over it.

I just checked the manual too--there are two pins you can add a jumper to in order to disable the slam switches.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from lb45:

Did you check the pins of connectors as usual ,
Remember that serie has always BAD connectors. Take a look on pins.

The game actually worked fine before I switched the boards. I had another game that needed a board, so I figured I would upgrade my keeper machine. Do you know which plug it might be?

Quoted from ForceFlow:

How about the switch on the tilt assembly? That one is supposed to be normally closed as well. It opens when the ball rolls over it.
I just checked the manual too--there are two pins you can add a jumper to in order to disable the slam switches.

I was thinking it was that also but the system 80 guide says it's coin door only. I did play around with it a bit thinking the same thing. I really don't want to start jumpering this new board, I spent way more than I wanted to on it & I don't want to void any warranty. Plus I don't do board work. I suck at soldering.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I was thinking it was that also but the system 80 guide says it's coin door only.

I read that in the manual too but the ball tilt on my The Amazing Spider-Man sure looks like a normally closed switch to me - very confusing.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

The game actually worked fine before I switched the boards. I had another game that needed a board, so I figured I would upgrade my keeper machine. Do you know which plug it might be?

If it's a keeper, repin the connectors on sys1 and sys80. I'm not saying this is it, but I just ordered a pascal board for a machine, and won't even think of installing it until the connectors are repinned.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I was thinking it was that also but the system 80 guide says it's coin door only. I did play around with it a bit thinking the same thing. I really don't want to start jumpering this new board, I spent way more than I wanted to on it & I don't want to void any warranty. Plus I don't do board work. I suck at soldering.

No soldering involved. It is designed to have a rectangular jumper placed on two pins. Take a look at the pascal manual.

Both the coin door switch and tilt assembly switch trigger the slam feature.

#10 8 years ago

maybe the board is expecting it to be an open switch and it's closed? I'll try separating the wires later when I get home

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

maybe the board is expecting it to be an open switch and it's closed? I'll try separating the wires later when I get home

I don't see why that would be. Both slam switches are supposed to be normally closed.

#12 8 years ago

http://www.flippp.fr/support.php

www.flippp.fr_media_manual_manual_PI-1X4_en.pdf.jpgwww.flippp.fr_media_manual_manual_PI-1X4_en.pdf.jpg

#13 8 years ago

Thanks! I'll check it out and report back..

#14 8 years ago

I got 2 jumpers and was about to do the modification. However it looks different in the picture than what the actual board looks like. It almost looks like it's upside down. The markings look different also. Picture attached..[attachment=0,undefined caption="20150915_173423.jpg"]

#16 8 years ago

I checked the schematics fort the original Gottlieb board, and the pin for the slam switch is A1J5-10.

But with the discrepancy between the manual photos and actual board, I'm not quite sure what the correct approach is to jumper the slam switch on this board. Maybe contact Pascal?

#17 8 years ago

I think I'm going to have to go that route. Thanks for the advice!

#18 8 years ago

Just an update. I emailed Pascal and got a very fast answer. There is a setting in the menu to disable the slam switches. I did that & it's working now! Thanks for all the input & hopefully this thread helps someone in the future..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Washington Township, NJ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slam-switch-error-wnew-pascal-board-help-needed-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.