View topic image gallery

image-519.jpg
image-270.jpg
image.jpg
image-287.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi,

I am finally getting to addressing my last set of problems on my Skyrocket. In general things work except:

1. Start button on coin door has always been inoperable. I am able to reset by hand hitting reset and game over relay.

2. Out holes never kick out consistently. All 3 of them.

I was able to diagnose #2 as the score motor home switch never engages and the motor seems to stop just shy of home all the time. If I hand adjust 1 cm to the indent for home it works like a champ. All the out holes kick.

I have checked the entire cam 1 stack and it looks good with continuity. I am not 100% sure but believe the problem possibly to be elsewhere.

Here is part of the schematic and the sad state of the coin door. Maybe these are related? All steppers have been cleaned and adjusted and are belived to be working well. I can play a game manually and the ball count unit works again only if I hand move the score motor to home.

Let me know if you have any ideas. I have not had luck with bally's in the past without resolving the coin door so am trying to figure out if here is a relationship on my score motor homing and the sad state of the wiring in the door.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image-287.jpgimage-287.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Well I figured out part of the issue thanks to the Pinball Ninja - Clay Harrell. He's got a great write up and video on his pinballninja.com site. I heavily suggest you all donate and get access as Clay is a guru on everything pinball and has a unique perspective on things. He has an exact hit on at least part of my problem his write up on Bally EM Hi-Lo Ace.

Basically this is a similar issue that I had with the micro switches on my Bally Flicker. Bally runs current through a normally closed set of switches to the coin door an when you door has been slaughtered like mine you have to be very careful that the wiring is right. As you can see in the schematic, the White wire from SCM 1E is normally closed on Wire 50-4 which runs through the normally closed switch on 3rd Coin Shute through the front door slam switch to wire 30 - Yellow. As my slam switch is in place, I jumped white to Brown-Red wire 61-6 and we are back in business with the score motor home and the start button now partially works.

I hope this helps a fellow pinball person in the future!

Jumper:
image.jpgimage.jpg

Section of Schematic:
image-270.jpgimage-270.jpg

Door Plug:
image-519.jpgimage-519.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skyrocket-score-motor-home-position-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.