You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Have an opportunity to buy a Skylab from a longtime family friend...

It's not working, I may buy it, fix/restore it, and sell it back to them. Maybe just buy it. What is a good offer ?

Ps. I have never worked on an EM

There's pf wear, needs lots of love by the looks of it

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#2 8 years ago

There is a beautiful working one for sale by a member here, it's on eBay right now I think for $600.
Mr. Pinball price guide says book value is about $500..that's for avg. condition working pin.

One on eBay looks new, no pf wear, great backglass.

So I guess that's a good idea of value for a nice one...maybe will help you figure out an offer.

#3 8 years ago

It looks to be in much better condition than the space station it was themed after.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

There is a beautiful working one for sale by a member here, it's on eBay right now I think for $600.
Mr. Pinball price guide says book value is about $500..that's for avg. condition working pin.
One on eBay looks new, no pf wear, great backglass.
So I guess that's a good idea of value for a nice one...maybe will help you figure out an offer.

Cool, thank you so much!

I tried to hunt down the $600 one, but I guess the fellow sold it. Hopefully something will turn out with this one

#5 8 years ago

My bad..it's not on eBay, it's Chicago craigslist..here is the link.
I saw this one in person a week ago when I was buying a different pin from this same guy.

Good guy, good pins.

Here's the link chicago.craigslist.org link

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

I saw this one in person a week ago when I was buying a different pin from this same guy.
Good guy, good pins.

Ahhh, cool! I'm so far away from him!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

Good guy, good pins.

Do you think he's the kind of guy that might ship? I'm not dying to have the game, and Lord knows I don't have the room, but I really like the game and would love to add it to my collection, but the one I'm looking at needs lots of work

#8 8 years ago

I honestly do not know. He posted his number in the ad, it's the same number I used in facebook to message him, he will answer.
He fixes them up and sells them, I saw several machines while I was there and I am quite happy with my purchase...but will he ship?

Road trip!

#9 8 years ago

Oh no road trip for me, that's 2-3 days of driving

#10 8 years ago

Your friend should give it to you for moving it out of his house.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Your friend should give it to you for moving it out of his house.

I wish, who knows

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La Fayette, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skylab-buying-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.