(Topic ID: 25591)

Skypilots Rotisserie Plans (storable option)

By Skypilot

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1437 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1438 (resized).jpeg
    20210321_173003 (resized).jpg
    20210321_151039 (resized).jpg
    20210321_171646 (resized).jpg
    4078A3FE-C852-4DC8-8B71-4E63AE48354C (resized).jpeg
    50B32207-1742-43B1-A02F-6D3DB3368BBF (resized).jpeg
    20201215_110324 (resized).jpg
    04D74250-9761-44D0-A62B-E72A234D3070 (resized).jpeg
    48FEEDB9-C302-443A-85C0-C8908F67DAE4 (resized).jpeg
    6D73CCC7-D100-4609-B97C-0A6D3A07DCED (resized).jpeg
    0132BB8B-D51D-4EC4-8DD6-1B31F106DCF3 (resized).jpeg
    44B72504-2F7B-4B5B-8D31-8E0A7C8517D1 (resized).jpeg
    D11BD2EB-3C4A-45A2-8A50-503C88DFA9B6 (resized).jpeg
    A9D494AE-275D-454D-95C3-F55850D75E0F (resized).jpeg
    132186 (resized).jpeg
    There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

I have received several requests to build these and sell them. To be honest I need another project like I need a hole in the head.
    I've also been asked to sell the plans by many.
    Here's the deal they are free to all ..........but......... If they have any value to you please send $ 10.00 to your local food bank and we can call it even.
    The fact that we can own even one Pinball machine makes us blessed,so help those less fortunate.
    This is the honor system. Thanks

44840.jpg44840.jpg
    44841.jpg44841.jpg

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

Plan.JPGPlan.JPG

phot3o.JPGphot3o.JPG

#2 11 years ago

I will answer any questions in this thread to assist all who decide to build this.
    There are also other photos on my original post " building a turntable/rotisserie"

#3 11 years ago

Thanks a lot Skypilot!

#4 11 years ago

Thanks for the Karma wolfmarsh

#5 11 years ago

pics

photo.JPGphoto.JPG IMGrot_1683.jpgIMGrot_1683.jpg photo2.JPGphoto2.JPG

#6 11 years ago

Good man. Thanks for the plans. I appreciate the hard work.

#8 11 years ago

Man I would kill for the room to be able to build and have one of these.

#9 11 years ago

Hey,

The lazy susan base is fantastic. Gonna piece one of these together to replace the one I have, as this is a much better design. Couple questions, if you'd be so kind. To verify, the dowel is used to lock the rotisserie either right-side up, or upside down? Second, I'm not sure I understand what the "pivot nut" is or its purpose; could you give me a bit more detail on that one? Thanks for your time; looks like a great setup.

Luke

#10 11 years ago

Wow that thing is awesome, thanks for sharing!!

#11 11 years ago

Thks Skypilot !
    Great System and Thanks for sharing on Pinside !

Idea : Add a soldering station, and power connected in the base ?

#12 11 years ago

The pivot nut is the same nut used in the pinball cabinet. It allows me to slide the play field into the rotisserie .if you look on my old thread I believe I have pictures of it.

#13 11 years ago

Yes the dowel is used to lock in the table. If you wish you can turn a small handle if you own a lathe. That's what I did.

#14 11 years ago

great work and thanks for sharing.

#15 11 years ago

That is a great table Sky, ever think off producing a bunch of units and selling them on here? Id probably buy one, I have limited time and no lathe, I actually thought of getting into woodworking a few years ago but toy collecting ultimately won....

#16 11 years ago

Thanks Sky. I plan on building one of these. I will donate to the food shelf.

#17 11 years ago

The pivot nut seems like a neat idea for B/W games, but have you tried Stern or other playfields that don't use that? And I'm not clear on how it adjusts for narrow to widebody in the pics? Cool idea though, thanks much for sharing!!!

1 week later
    #18 11 years ago

You can always use the angle iron on both ends,at least with most playfields

2 months later
    #19 11 years ago

I'm not real great with wood but I think I'll give this a shot.

1. What size/kind of screws did you use for attaching the sides and base?

2. What is that black screw in the Aluminum Angle that you use to hold the playfield to the rotisserie and how did you attach it?

3. Where did you get that pivot nut from?

Thanks.

#20 11 years ago

1. 2 1/4 deep thread drywall screws and wood glue ( I predrill/countersink)
    2. 1 1/2 x1/4 round head and a non slip nut (just drill an oversize hole through both pieces,off set the thickness of the angle)
    3.pivot nut and bolts- Pinball life,or Marco

#21 11 years ago

Thanks Skypilot. Adding them to my shopping list.

#22 11 years ago

Best of luck.Let me know if you need additional pics

8 months later
    #23 10 years ago

Very nice Rotisserie

6 months later
    #25 10 years ago

This looks real similar to Mac's rotisserie!

#26 10 years ago

I designed this after seeing one at a friends in Salem. He may have got it from Mike.

#27 10 years ago

Wishing Skypilot would ship me one of these in a nice ikea approved flat pack. No woodworking skills here exist in this house.

4 months later
    #28 9 years ago

Bump for a cool thing I wish I had. Sky, Ever thought of just cutting out the wood pieces and shipping it so that they could be assembled by someone. It wouldn't be as bad as assembling them them and trying to ship. I probably have the skills to do this but a lot won't. Even though I do I'd probably be tempted to just buy a kit.

2 months later
    #30 9 years ago

I recently built a second unit and used 4 swivel casters. This is a better idea FYI

2 months later
    #31 9 years ago

Is there a link to the original thread?

This is great. Thank you for posting it.

#33 9 years ago

Thank You!

#34 9 years ago

Funny, I was going to resurrect this thread today and give a shout out and thank you. Got mine together this week.

About $100 all in.

Thanks man!

IMG_1077.JPGIMG_1077.JPG

#35 9 years ago

Looks great, pick up 3 Sterilite 28 Qt trays at Home depot or Target. Great for organizing parts.

#36 9 years ago

Definitely on the list. I'm thinking about making some sort of cover for the bottom area, as I want to just wheel this thing into my spray booth for paint/clear.

I will say to anyone looking to make this that I found it much easier than pipe, and also that the hardest part to locate was the lazy susan hardware. Home Depot doesn't think they carry it, but they do - look near the casters, you'll need them anyway.

#37 9 years ago

Hey Skypilot -

Do you still build these? I don't have any woodworking tools, but your rotisserie I like a lot.

Can you PM me if you still make these for others?

Thanks!

Chris

#38 9 years ago

Chris,
    I actually never produced these for others. I have tried very hard not to make this hobby a business. I get tied down to any commitments to other and feel obligated when I promise things. If I ever change this decision I will let you know. Sorry
    Keith

#39 9 years ago

No worries, I understand completely

Thanks for the reply.

Chris

1 year later
    #41 8 years ago

Now we need a list-member who has a CNC router to join this thread so we can all have "accurately" cut wood to assemble

C2

#42 8 years ago

I have done a couple updates to the rotisserie due to wear. The table was becoming wobbly as the holes for the locking handle became oblong. Just wanted to share.

Misc_073_(resized).jpgMisc_073_(resized).jpg

Misc_075_(resized).jpgMisc_075_(resized).jpg

Misc_074_(resized).jpgMisc_074_(resized).jpg

Misc_076_(resized).jpgMisc_076_(resized).jpg

Misc_072_(resized).jpgMisc_072_(resized).jpg

#43 8 years ago

Wow! Best rotisserie by a mile! I need to build one of these now...

SkyPilot, thanks for sharing!

3 weeks later
    #44 8 years ago

Awesome design, have gladly donated!....has anyone got autocad files for this? would make life heaps easier

#45 8 years ago

I can't believe I just saw this. Have been impressed by this design from day one and didn't realize you'd basically put it out there for everyone. Thanks and donation will be made gladly, probably times a few.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

I can't believe I just saw this. Have been impressed by this design from day one and didn't realize you'd basically put it out there for everyone. Thanks and donation will be made gladly, probably times a few.

Good. Because this deadbeat owes me more than a few beers.

#47 8 years ago

One of the best rotisserie designs. Thank you Skypilot.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good. Because this deadbeat owes me more than a few beers.

Fine,...

Allentown index_(resized).jpegindex_(resized).jpegFor you

wine_(resized).jpegwine_(resized).jpegJanice and I

1 week later
    #49 8 years ago

Bump. Another one exists. Still need to add my 1" dowel to lock it in place but done other than that.
    Will modify and use the top bar to secure more current playfields that have the opening around the outhole once I have to do one of those games. Should be a very flexible rotisserie.

IMAG1248_(resized).jpgIMAG1248_(resized).jpg

IMAG1249_(resized).jpgIMAG1249_(resized).jpg

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sky-pilots-rotisserie-plans/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.