(Topic ID: 141464)

Sky-Line Questions

By Spyderturbo007

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I just picked up a Sky-Line over the weekend at the York show and have a few questions about how it should play.

I notice when the ball is first plunged whenever a switch is hit the bumpers turn on a off, which is they way I expect it should play. However, after so many switch hits, they stop and stay off. Is that normal?

I also noticed that after I get so far with the "Advance", hitting the top left "Advance" target sets off the knocker, whereas the right one does not.

Does anyone know how this thing is supposed to play?

Also, is there an easy way to deal with flaky light sockets other than replacement? Some of mine need wiggled to light up all the way and then will go dim a few games later.

#2 8 years ago

Hi Spyderturbo007
I cannot help with "Logic of play of Sky-Line". For "Flaky Light socket": May want to read: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flaky-bulb-sockets-solder-question -> my post-26 (?). Greetings Rolf

#3 8 years ago

Thanks for that link.

It appears as though the bumpers flash on and off with switch hits until it hits "X" number of hits. I'm not sure what "X" is yet. However, it resets after you hit the Advance target again, so I guess that is normal.

The only thing I see is that they don't reset upon starting another game. So if I end ball 5 right after exhausting "X" and start a new game, I still have to hit the Advance target for them to go back to flashing. That seems a little odd, doesn't it?

#4 8 years ago

The bumpers are controlled by the 0-9 unit which advances each time the ones relay pulses. You can set a plug to make them stay on longer (more liberal).

#5 8 years ago

Shouldn't they reset when you start a new game?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Machine - For Sale
Swansea, IL
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sky-line-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.