pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0832 (resized).jpg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpg
IMG_0816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0813 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago

Hi zh2oson
Gottlieb Corral, Sept 1961 has fuses: 5 Amp slow-blow for 110VAC, two 1 Amp slo-blow in 110VAC-Circuitry for "Bank-Set-Up", 10 Amp (???) for 25VAC, 10 Amp (???) for 6VAC Litebox, 15 Amp (???) for 6VAC Playboard.
North Star, Oct 1964 has fuses: 5 Amp slow-blow for 110VAC, two 1 Amp slo-blow in 110VAC-Circuitry for "Bank-Set-Up", 10 Amp (???) for 25VAC, 10 Amp (???) for 6VAC Litebox, 10 Amp (???) for 6VAC Playboard.
You have an Skyline, Jan1965.
Buckaroo, June 1965 has fuses: 7.5 Amp (???) for 110VAC, two 1 Amp slo-blow in 110VAC-Circuitry for "Bank-Set-Up", 10 Amp (???) for 25VAC, 10 Amp (???) for 6VAC Litebox, 10 Amp (???) for 6VAC Playboard.
Ice Revue, Dec 1965 has fuses: 5 Amp slow-blow for 110VAC, two 1 Amp slo-blow in 110VAC-Circuitry for "Bank-Set-Up", 10 Amp (???) for 25VAC, 10 Amp (???) for 6VAC Litebox, 10 Amp (???) for 6VAC Playboard.

I do not like to talk about fuses --- do I get sued when an accident happens - You are injured or killed by electricity ? General rules are: Whenever You do not need electricity (as You study the pin): Toggle-off - unplug the main power cord. When You have plugged-in: Wear rubber gloves or use an wooden stick to fumble on relays etc. NEVER touch metal parts - especially do not touch solder-lugs.

A bit of loud thinking --- what when an preowner of Your pin had the paper labels to the fuses missing --- he was itchy and said "I want to have the pin to look original --- well here I have some paper tags from another Gottlieb pin --- well, the text does not 100% match - but surely it looks neat when I attach these (other) paper tags". Do You know about ? You bought the pin and wonder about schematics and paper tags telling different numbers.

I would rely on the schematics. You may do (remember: UNPLUG the line cord when You want to work on / in the pin): Put an smaller Amperage-fuse into --- then plug-in, toggle-on and play - play many games: If (if, if) the fuse does not blow within maybe 2 to 4 weeks: Put-in an even smaller Amperage-fuse into --- then do the same.
As long as You have smaller Amperage compared to "recommended Amperage" in Your pin: You are fine.

NEVER forget: The fuses are in the pin to avoid damage on the relays and steppers --- the fuses in the pin are NOT meant to protect You. My personal opinion is - an 8 Amp fuse in the place where an 7.5 fuse should be: I could live with.
I once did some tests - result: On all places I could have "half size Amperage" fuses. So I say: Try an 5 Ampere fuse - worst case scenario: The fuse blows (((and of course: You had unplugged the main power cord before fumbling on the fuses - and after plugging-in: You never touch metal stuff))).

Here is an topic about fuses: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-does-an-1-amp-slow-blow-fuse-not-blow-control-bank-reset
Here we can see that there can be extreme danger (110VAC all around) in a pin: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-do-i-always-unplug-the-main-power-chord
Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Machine - For Sale
Swansea, IL
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 170.96
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sky-line-fuse-labels-dont-match-schematics?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.