pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0832 (resized).jpg
IMG_0814 (resized).jpg
IMG_0816 (resized).jpg
IMG_0813 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

There is some logic to what you have show here.

I'd stay with the two separate 10amp fuses for the playfield lights since they are separated into two circuits.

Also, the schematic indicates there may be two reset bank coils so each one should have its own 1amp slow blow fuse if there are two reset coils. If not, there will only be a holder for that one.

7.5 slow blow for the main is presented consistently.

10amp for the head lights is consistent also.

I think you will be able to get these defined by elimination.

#10 6 years ago

The 7.5 amp on the primary should be slow blow.

Looking at the interior photo on IPDB there are two reset banks on the main relay board so you should have have two reset coils and two separate 1A slo blo fuses, one for each. Look near each coil for its fuse.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3240&picno=55686&zoom=1

Lighting is always fast blo.

#12 6 years ago

Follow the wires off each of the reset bank reset coils. It should be directly in line with one of those wires very close to the coil.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

So, now it appears maybe I have an additional 10amp fuse not detailed on the schematics as well as a discrepancy between 10 and 15 amp fuse designation.

I thought we had acknowledged that in post #3.

#21 6 years ago

I'm surprised another SkyLine owner has not opened up their game and chimed in on how theirs is set up, if nothing more than to confirm this is how they got built and that yours is not a one off.

Gottlieb schematics are usually pretty accurate but this would not be the first time they did not reflect 100% how a game is set up.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

I just saw this thread and went and checked my Skyline. Using the annotated image from Post#11, here's what I have:
Inside the yellow circle: fuse is labeled BUSS AGC 10. Paper tag on motor board is missing.
Inside the red circle: fuse is labeled BUSS AGC 10. Paper tag on motor board is missing.
Not circled in the picture: Further back from the red circle, hidden behind the large solenoid, a fuse is labeled BUSS AGC 5. Paper tag on motor board is missing.
The paper label on the four fuses near the pendulum tilt is identical to the picture in Post#11, all say 10 AMP. From left to right, these fuses are labeled:
10A 250V
AGC 20
?? 3AG 15A 32V
10A 32V 311 (well, I think it says 311)
I bought this game from Donal Murphy at Chicago Expo 1986. You may know that he ran a long-time business called Electrical Windings that supplied coils to the pinball industry. He had shopped this game electrically, replaced pop bumpers coils and probably others, and told me he had high-tapped the transformer to make the pop bumpers kick. Boy, they do. As do the slingshots. I'll let you sleuth out as to which of the fuses, if any, his high-tapping would have made him change from what the factory would have installed. To my recollection, the game has never blown a fuse but, if it did so long ago that I have forgotten, I would have replaced like-for-like.

High tapping does not justify increasing fuse values. Where your fuses are above the specified value you are highly recommended to replace them with the correct size.

I'm sure Donal knew the need to fuse game circuits properly and he probably never looked at those fuses. Someone before him must have oversized a few of them. Replace that 15amp fuse on the fuse board with a 10 amp fast blow. 1 amp slow blow should be correct for the reset bank coils, not 10 amp fast. I would have no problem leaving the 5 amp on the main if it has survived all these years but 7.5 is what shows on my Kings and Queens schematic for this fuse just like the Sky Line schematic posted above shows.

Under fusing is not a problem unless you find it blows because it is undersized. Over fusing has the potential to let something burn on the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sky-line-fuse-labels-dont-match-schematics?tu=MikeO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.