Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I just rebuilt Sky Jump, everything works except scoring. When playing, scoring 10 points, the hundreds and thousands reels also score. They almost shotgun, like when a kicker contact is too close.

When activating the N relay by hand, the M, L, and F relays look like they activate at the same time. I rebuilt the score reels (Not my first time rebuilding score reels), so did I do something wrong with them?

I'm not sure where to start with this - I don't see any obvious wire issues, the gaps are correct on the N, M, and L relays. I guess its possible I did something wrong on the score reels times four?

Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks

#2 7 years ago

It sounds like your 10, 100 & 1000 point relays are not adjusted properly. Look at all the switches on these relays to make sure they are opening and closing properly... Also look at the 9th position unit on each of the score reels. If these switches are always closed, they will send power to the neighboring score reel every time the score reel rotates to the next position...

#3 7 years ago

Thanks - I plan to get there today - I will report back. I just can't believe that I would rebuild all four reels incorrectly, but I've done stupid things before.....sigh

#4 7 years ago

My 1977 EM machine would do this by turning the control for 1-4 player secondary section of the stepper unit (3 pins in another rotating board from main rotating point reels) out of sync from where it wants to be. I dont know much...but maybe simple as one off kilter rotation somewhere.

#5 7 years ago

I'm w/fredsmythson on the 9th position switch setting being out of correct adjustment...my vote is cast. : )

#6 7 years ago

Everyone was right - the issue was with the nine's switch. I can't believe I rebuilt three score reels incorrectly. Excuse me while I hang my head in shame and embarrassment. Thanks everyone!

#7 7 years ago

No need for shame and embarrassment. That's how we learn. Congrats on the fix!

#8 7 years ago

Yep, this is almost always caused by the 9th position switches and the point relays would have nothing to do with it. (besides the normal operation of one, of course)

Glad you figured it out! No shame!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sky-jump-scoring-issue-all-reels-energize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.