(Topic ID: 124377)

Gottlieb Sky Jump - Jacks Open - Golden Arrow - Best Gameplay/Ruleset?

By EM-PINMAN

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by EM-PINMAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Sky Jump - Jacks Open - Golden Arrow - Best Gameplay/Ruleset in Order”

• Sky Jump, Jacks Open, Golden Arrow 2 votes
    7%
  • Jacks Open, Sky Jump, Golden Arrow 12 votes
    43%
  • Golden Arrow, Jacks Open, Sky Jump 0 votes
  • Sky Jump, Golden Arrow, Jacks Open 1 vote
    4%
  • Jacks Open, Golden Arrow, Sky Jump 2 votes
    7%
  • Golden Arrow, Sky Jump, Jacks Open 2 votes
    7%
  • I have not played all 3 so I cannot say 7 votes
    25%
  • I have played all 3 but I cannot make up my mind which I like best 0 votes
  • I have no mind and wish to be left all alone in a corner with my empty thoughts 2 votes
    7%

(28 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-08-30_14-25-14_991.jpg
Garage draft  -4-12-15.jpg
Garage draft  -4-12-15.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

I've had all three (and still have Jacks Open and Golden Arrow). I find that Jacks Open is the most challenging (set up on conservative post settings). More open playfield, longer shots, but symmetrical layout. The buildup of getting the specific combos of drops, and making them count more via strategically getting only 3 of the 4 rollovers takes some concentration. And the duo open elbow return lanes will just mess with you.

Sky Jump feels a bit more crowded, but still plenty to shoot for with the asymmetrical layout. I've just had a hard time keeping this one in the collection due to the art package. I think if you really don't mind it, it's a fine player. The shots are a bit weighted towards the right flipper, but only a bit.

Golden Arrow really has to be on 5-ball to be more challenging, but set up well, it still can kick your butt. As for 'fun' though, Golden Arrow has the 5" gong bell that you get from targets with the golden arrow lit; it's quite fun to chase after targets with the arrow lit, moving around the playfield. It's not a hard game to score high on, but having the roving targets lit, along with the combo of gong bell and chimes, does make it fun.

I still voted Jacks/Sky/Golden, although I probably find myself playing Golden Arrow more "for fun" since it's not as hard as Jacks Open!

Sky Jump will be the easiest of the three to find.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sky-jump-jacks-open-golden-arrow-best-gameplayruleset?tu=dirtflipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.