Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3530[1] (resized).JPG
20170509_163620 (resized).jpg
DSCN1343 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

My Sky Jump has a redish orange plastic track that holds the glass (what are these called?). This is the plastic that the glass slides into.

Anyway, just wondering if this was factory color. Heard from someone that there are other colors.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

Also my red pop bumper has bulb with red cover on it and wondering if this was factory or not.
(Thanks)

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Also my red pop bumper has bulb with red cover on it and wondering if this was factory or not.

Should just be the normal 44 or now 47 bulb. That could just be a cover slid over the bulb. Some guys buy coloured bulbs for specific locations on EM pins. Or go all out with LEDs.

#3 6 years ago

I've torn down and repainted several Sky Jump and they all had the orange glass track, Lawman and Sheriff have them as well. Some earlier Williams and Gottlieb actually had aluminium tracks.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

My Sky Jump has a redish orange plastic track that holds the glass (what are these called?). This is the plastic that the glass slides into.
Anyway, just wondering if this was factory color. Heard from someone that there are other colors.

Playfield glass side rail plastic channel

It is possible that the orange color is factory. Look at pics on ipbd for Gottlieb Sky Jump. I see orange side rail plastic channels in some pics.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2195&picno=55861&zoom=1

I agree with Darcy. Someone just put a colored cap on a regular bulb.

#5 6 years ago

Took a quick photo of my Sky Jump, it has white glass guides, as do the other 70's Gottliebs that I have around here.
DSCN1343 (resized).JPGDSCN1343 (resized).JPG

The Red does stand out.

#6 6 years ago

Further to what Darcy just posted:
I previously owned a 1974 Gottlieb Free Fall e-m for a few years, which is an add-a-ball version of Sky Jump.
It did not have orange glass guides. They looked like those shown in Darcy's pic.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from paintpins:

I've torn down and repainted several Sky Jump and they all had the orange glass track, Lawman and Sheriff have them as well. Some earlier Williams and Gottlieb actually had aluminium tracks.

If the bright red guides were on other games then Spinals pin is not unique.

#8 6 years ago

Interesting, so looks like more than one color. Anyone else have beige/white?

#9 6 years ago

My Sky Jump has red channels:
20170509_163620 (resized).jpg20170509_163620 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#10 6 years ago

Mine has the bright orange glass guides.

#11 6 years ago

i have had both white and orange on sky jump. these were aluminum in the early 60's but went to plastics shortly after. i have seen only 3 colors over the years white, black and orange and orange is the rarest. used only a year or two and not consistently
white is the most common

#12 6 years ago

Mine is kind of reddish orange. I have no reason to believe this is other than factory. This was a routed machine that was pulled when SS started coming out. I doubt the operator did anything to "enhance" his machines.

BTW - This one is for sale. PM me if interested.

IMG_3530[1] (resized).JPGIMG_3530[1] (resized).JPG

#13 6 years ago

I have a spare set of red/orange glass glides should somebody want to dress up a game (yes I had to kill off a very moldy SJ)

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I have a spare set of red/orange glass glides should somebody want to dress up a game (yes I had to kill off a very moldy SJ)

Interesting, I don't remember that one having the orange glides. The one I kept and restored had the white.

Now you get black ones from Steve Young. Bally in the glass framed games used a clear seal around the glass that has turned yellow via age and grunge and they are NLA. I replaced mine with some brown stuff I got from a glass company. It will all work, so the color really isn't that big a deal. But I can say I've never seen the orange on any Gottlieb I've restored.

#15 6 years ago

The glass guides on my SJ are the red/orange.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sky-jump-color-question?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.