You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Top-Score-Work-01 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

#1 6 years ago

I had a Sky Jump. I never used it with coin mechs, but when my friend bought it, he decided he'd like coin mechs. Installed coin mechs and removed the freeplay jumper on the replay unit.

The 2nd coin chute acts as expected, adding 3 replays per coin.

The 1st coin chute starts a game, but if there's already replays on the replay unit, it decreases once. Obviously, if there's zero replays, it doesn't decrease.

Looking at the schematic for the Subtract "Replay" Unit coil:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
It looks like the coil should fire when the zero switch is closed (eg there's replays), a switch on S and Motor 2C.

Looking at S:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
It activates when the #1 Coin Chute closes via Motor 1C, 2B and the bounce switch, latching itself via 2B until 2B opens.

As far as I can tell, the behaviour I'm seeing is what the schematic says should happen. I guess it makes sense, as a single player game there's no reason to drop a coin if there's replays on the machine.

I don't have another wedgehead to compare to. Is the machine behaving normally?

#2 6 years ago

Hi. Your credit subtraction experience is normal, and for a direct EM wedgehead comparison, Gottlieb 2001 with two coin chutes has the same behavior on the left/1st chute.

Inserting a quarter in the left/1st chute decrements the credit wheel by 1 and immediately starts a game.

There is also a good thread with a discussion on this topic at: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/volley-em-pinball-coinstepper-odd-situation

#3 6 years ago

Hi
here the solution on Gottlieb 1976 Top Score --- an "Replay Button Relay". Greetings Rolf

0Top-Score-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Top-Score-Work-01 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from AvidListener:

Hi. Your credit subtraction experience is normal, and for a direct EM wedgehead comparison, Gottlieb 2001 with two coin chutes has the same behavior on the left/1st chute.
Inserting a quarter in the left/1st chute decrements the credit wheel by 1 and immediately starts a game.
There is also a good thread with a discussion on this topic at: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/volley-em-pinball-coinstepper-odd-situation

Thanks. Glad my reading of the schematic is correct.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi
here the solution on Gottlieb 1976 Top Score --- an "Replay Button Relay". Greetings Rolf

Thanks. I had looked at my Pioneer's schematic and noticed it had an additional relay that seemed to prevent the issue occurring. Good to get confirmation on both fronts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
$ 105.00
Hardware
Maine Home Recreation
Hardware
$ 9.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sky-jump-1st-coin-decreases-replay-unit?hl=ajfclark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.