Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by nephasth
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will Skit-B be first in the Boutique Pin Race?”

• Yes. 44 votes
      55%
    • No. 36 votes
      45%

(80 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-933.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Part_3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

One game every 3 years seems boutiquish.
    Boutique means a small and specialized store - very JJP.

But doesn't Boutique also mean small runs? JJP is making thousands of WOZs and Hobbits.....

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Not necessarily.
    Nintendo is known nowadays as a boutique game maker.
    They still make many 1000s of game consoles, just they are not as big as Sony or Microsoft.

That is the game plan, but right now, after 3 years, not one of my friends have their WOZLE that they paid for.

I wouldn't call Nintendo a boutique game maker! They sell millions of consoles, dominate portable dedicated consoles (over Sony) and are a multi-billion dollars company.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I have admittedly not been there in person. But the people I've talked to who have said it was a dinky operation and they were pretty let down by it. I don't really thing they qualify as "huge factory".

Have you watched any of their videos? I wouldn't call their factory "dinky".

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

Nintendo is heading the way of Sega, and will soon drop out of the hardware business all together.
    They do not dominate the portable gaming market like they once did, especially now with modern smart phones and tablets and prices for games on these devices being considerably less. The 3ds has been a disaster for them.
    As far as the console market is concerned, the WiiU has also been a big flop for Nintendo.
    They dropped the ball with the N64 and have never been able to recover since.

No, they are not. Despite their current Wii U funk, they still have $4 billion in the bank, something Sega could only dream about. They are very much like Apple in the sense that they believe in making their own hardware. It's in the company DNA. And if you paid more attention to my post, you'd see I said they dominate DEDICATED portable gaming consoles, which they have since 1989. Everyone else has been an afterthought in the portable space.

And may I remind you, they sold 100 million Wii's to Sony and Microsoft's 80 million console's, so they won the 7th generation of consoles, something they haven't done since the 4th generation with the Super Nintendo.

But, according to you, they are on their deathbed.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/nintendos-painful-quarter-spells-real-trouble-for-company/2014/01/17/de531dbe-7f88-11e3-93c1-0e888170b723_story.html
    I did not say they were on their deathbed, you are imagining things. I said Nintendo is heading the way of Sega. Meaning that soon they will be forced out of the hardware market(For reasons listed in my earlier post) and instead focus on software. They are already mulling porting their IP over the the mobile space.

That article is pointless speculation. I read crap like that about Apple every day. Nintendo has made it VERY clear, that they are not leaving the hardware business.

Nintendo is NOT heading the way of Sega. Period.

You don't understand the company, and you don't understand the culture.

My Dad used to say, paint covers a lot of sin. So does 4 billion in cash.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Part_3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-will-they-win-the-race?tu=Part_3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.