4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by badbilly27
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WP_20141018_003.jpg
    WP_20141018_002.jpg
    IMAG2345-269.jpg
    EOD2.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I just found out that skit-b will be showing a working prototype of their Experts of Dangerous (EOD) pinball machine at the Chicago Expo. The ruleset isn't complete, but it should be flippable. This came from a reliable source at skit-b.

#2 4 years ago

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen if you ask me.

#3 4 years ago

Holy crapola that's one room to avoid . There will be blood .

#4 4 years ago

Please tell me they will NOT be taking pre-orders at least. But, it's always fun to see a new game.

#5 4 years ago

I thought it was Experts of Dangerous.
    Like Dave mentioned above, I think that Skit-B Expo room area may be the most "dangerous" place at the event.

Is JPOP also going to show up with Alice in Wonderland in full glory?

#6 4 years ago

I hope Kevin brings the coppa in case the lintch mob comes after him lol.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmilo:

I just found out that skit-b will be showing a working prototype of their Experts of Dangerous (EOD) pinball machine at the Chicago Expo. The ruleset isn't complete, but it should be flippable. This came from a reliable source at skit-b.

Just WOW if true and no Pred's have shipped.

#8 4 years ago

What is wrong with them showing a prototype of their next game?

Seesh, some of you guys just like to bitch about the dumbest things. You seriously need to get your heads checked.

Isn't a prototype of game #2 or really ANY new game something we should ALL be excited about?

I am a predator payer and am happy that they are looking towards the future. A single game with a run of 250 does not make a business.

My game is being built and it being built has no bearing on the company making its next game or taking a break for a few days to show off what they have for game #2.

That said, if they start taking pre-orders for game #2 before shipping any from #1, then that is pretty lame and a totally different story.

#9 4 years ago

Edit: Never mind. Rant deleted.

Go Bronco's

Post edited by Mr68: I'm an irritated moron.

#10 4 years ago

Man, that would be really cool if they brought their new game to Expo! That's why I go to the show every year...to see cool, new stuff like that!

They can't build Predators 24/7...and it'll be great to see the Skit-B guys at the show. (They are always a blast to talk to).

My Predator will get done eventually...bring on the new pin!

Pete

#11 4 years ago

Isn't Pinball Expo the place you want to show off new pins? Not understanding why would there be bile.

You go to a car show, there's new cars to show. It's that simple.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Seesh, some of you guys just like to bitch about the dumbest things. You seriously need to get your heads checked.
    Isn't a prototype of game #2 or really ANY new game something we should ALL be excited about?
    I am a Predator payer and am happy that they are looking towards the future. A single game with a run of 250 does not make a business.
    My game is being built and it being built has no bearing on the company making its next game or taking a break for a few days to show off what they have for game #2.
    That said, if they start taking pre-orders for game #2 before shipping any from #1, then that is pretty lame and a totally different story.

I don't think there's anything wrong with showing a prototype of #2, but I would like to receive an update on where I am. I paid up on the latest deposit and thought I was supposed to receive an update email about where I am on the production list, but still haven't received it. I emailed through the website and Kevin directly, but still haven't heard back. I think I emailed through the website over a week ago and Kevin a few days ago. If others are in the same boat, no problem. Are there any others who haven't received this update email? It sounds like a lot have, but I still haven't and I've been in quite a while. I was one of the initial 250.

#13 4 years ago

I am guessing you have received your update email, but need to go back and check your spam folders. I know others got the email but missed it due to their email account blocking/filtering it.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Man, that would be really cool if they brought their new game to Expo! That's why I go to the show every year...to see cool, new stuff like that!

They can't build Predators 24/7...and it'll be great to see the Skit-B guys at the show. (They are always a blast to talk to).

My Predator will get done eventually...bring on the new pin!

I agree, you can't stop everything and work 24/7 on just building the machines. It sounds like they already have the machines scheduled for production, so taking so time off to show their new machine makes sense. I think the Chicago Expo is a great place to show a new pin, lots of people and not too far from where they are based.

Plus I enjoy talking to them also

#15 4 years ago

So if JJP would have had Hobbit prototype at expo BEFORE any Woz's shipped after having over 1 million dollars of customer money, you guys wouldn't have a problem with that.....
    hrmmm..... ok

#16 4 years ago

Hitler is still upset

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am guessing you have received your update email, but need to go back and check your spam folders. I know others got the email but missed it due to their email account blocking/filtering it.

Nope. Checked my spam folder daily.

#18 4 years ago

lol @ frolic

#19 4 years ago

Wow, lots of proto games at expo. I'm interested to see pics of this one for sure.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

So if JJP would have had Hobbit prototype at expo BEFORE any Woz's shipped after having over 1 million dollars of customer money, you guys wouldn't have a problem with that.....
    hrmmm..... ok

apples and oranges.

Most of us paid our 3k less than 3 months ago and this is for a small company making 250 games.

JJP had money for years.

That said, so long as they don't take any money for #2 without delivering on #1 before doing so AND are making progress on number 1, then I have zero issue with them taking a weekend off to show off #2 at the biggest local event.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

hrmmm..... ok

So...all boutique companies should really just go into hiding until all of their games are out the door.

Also, with your example, I can't see a scenario where I *wouldn't* be excited to see a Hobbit Prototype at expo! Holy crap, that would be awesome!!!

Oh man, I love pinball. I love expo. I love seeing new pins at expo!!

Pete

#22 4 years ago

also, I don't think anyone was pissed when Spooky showed a flipping prototype of zombies at MGC when AMH had yet to be delivered???

I am always pumped for more NEW pinball to play and honestly it is the ONLY reason I am going to expo.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

also, I don't think anyone was pissed when Spooky showed a flipping prototype of zombies at MGC when AMH had yet to be delivered???
    I am always pumped for more NEW pinball to play and honestly it is the ONLY reason I am going to expo.

Spooky was much better about posting pics and reporting progress. It's been virtual silence from skit, even old info had been taken down (the video). Just getting an email reply is pulling teeth.

#24 4 years ago

Regardless of people wanting this small company to succeed.....any rational individual knows Skit-B is committing business suicide. The thought process of this company astounds me.

Hey, I know...let's show a prototype of a new pinball machine before we've even shipped out one Predator pin to our paid in full customers...Let's provide zero information on our website about our progress on said pin and delete any previous videos we had up for people to make somewhat of an educated decision for themselves. Coming Fall 2013...No wait...April 2014....No wait...Fall 2014....and so it goes....with almost ZERO communication with customers who have paid. Ridiculous. Great way to retain and gain customers on future projects for that matter.

I got out of the Predator fiasco months ago when deadlines were repeatedly missed and company went radio silent. Just sayin' if it smells like S&$% it probably is. Get off the PC train people. Skit-B isn't running a company the way it should be...From a PR perspective anyway. I really wish all those involved the best but if I wasn't out before...I sure would be after hearing this news.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Isn't Pinball Expo the place you want to show off new pins? Not understanding why would there be bile.
    You go to a car show, there's new cars to show. It's that simple.

Let me explain in car terms. How would you feel if a car company came to promote their 2015 model when they haven't even delivered their 2013 model, which many have paid in full for?

#26 4 years ago

I have been paid in full for over a year, and I am not worried that Skit-B is showing a new game in Chicago. The new game sounds interesting and I hope it has some good toys designed by the Experts Of Dangerous themselves. I guess Skit-B could do like Stern and hide their new pinball games until they are ready to make them, but I kind of like seeing the games develop.

#27 4 years ago

lots of nay sayers which already jumped ship...

Seems those that are still IN would like more communication/ updates but are fine with EoD being shown at expo.

The dichotomy is telling.

#28 4 years ago

I'll readily admit that I'm not happy about the lack of communication. I want to see more videos, I want more updates, I want to see pictures of Predator parts stacked up 6 foot high and cabinets being built. That being said...

They were working on EOD while waiting on Predator parts and already were much deeper than anyone thought for awhile. They've had 2+ years of free time while waiting on things to change or be produced and tweeked for Predator, the Predator code is already finished, and they've made another 2 one-off pins in the meantime. If they've got a working prototype to show, then great... show it.

And to all those people who think they've taken the money and ran... how do you think a company keeps going? They have to have cash flow somehow, and since all 250 Predators are either fully paid for or at least $3K paid for, there's no future money to be had. If they start running out of money because of setbacks, or parts costing more since it is 2 years later than they thought and prices have gone up, then the best thing to ensure that all 250 people get their machines is for them to have a way to get future cash to cover it if need be.

To my understanding they are not asking for money or preorders at this time, they're showing what else they can do and trying to prove they are a viable company while waiting on finalization of Predator and for those to be built. If they were not looking to the future and attempting to make a future business with future machines, THEN I would be worried. If Predator was their only machine and they were this radio silent after getting the money, THEN I'd be super worried. But they want to be around for more than just one machine, and have to build the machines well enough so that the reputation of the machine and company is good enough for people to entrust them for another pin. So let them show it, and then we'll have an even better understanding of what they are capable of.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

lots of nay sayers which already jumped ship...
    Seems those that are still IN would like more communication/ updates but are fine with EoD being shown at expo.
    The dichotomy is telling.

I'm paid in full on pred. Production #65 so fairly early. I'm fine with showing the other game but not accompanied with the lack of anything on pred. Answering an email in under a month would be a good start.

They were great with info the first two years. Right or wrong it came to be expected that buyers would be kept in the loop. At the very minimum an explanation on the silence would suffice.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

well, there is the fact that they didn't have a working Predator last year despite being "production ready" with production being targeted 6-12 weeks after Expo. Now a year later an EoD prototype is ready for the public and Predator is still not produced.

I can see the potential for frustration. But I do want to see EoD so I'm happy

#31 4 years ago

A company can not survive using Ponzi financing. As a start-up it works short term, but there has to be a conversion point towards real profitability or the company will eventually have to cease operation.

"Ponzi finance" is defined by one expert "as a type of financial activity engaged in when interest charges of a business unit exceed cash flows from operations.

I don't believe it is clear that Skit-B is using this technique of finance, however some other boutique
    companies may be attracted to using Ponzi financing.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from minnesota13:

"Ponzi finance" is defined by one expert "as a type of financial activity engaged in when interest charges of a business unit exceed cash flows from operations.

Fortunately for Skit-B, JPop, and JJP, they aren't paying interest!

2 weeks later
    #33 4 years ago

Here's a peak at some of the new artwork

EOD2.jpg IMAG2345-269.jpg
    1 week later
    #34 4 years ago

What was there?

#35 4 years ago

They had Predator setup alongside Sonic. Did not see Experts of Dangerous...

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmilo:

This did not happen. Bummer. Would loved to have seen it.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

This did not happen. Bummer. Would loved to have seen it.

They did have a prototype there, but unfortunately it was not available to the public (private viewing only)

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmilo:

They did have a prototype there, but unfortunately it was not available to the public (private viewing only)

I heard it had a new translite.

#39 4 years ago

Couldn't make it to Pinball Expo 2014. Any info regarding the Skit-B camp? Anyone play this EOD (private) or heard about it? How was Predator and was there any public announcements regarding the build of the games (Pred or EOD)?

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Couldn't make it to Pinball Expo 2014. Any info regarding the Skit-B camp? Anyone play this EOD (private) or heard about it? How was Predator and was there any public announcements regarding the build of the games (Pred or EOD)?

Kevin and team were there with Predator. They were talking to people and did have a line waiting to play the game on Saturday when I was there. I didn't hear about any public announcements.

The UV light on the Predator machine looks different than I remember. The game itself felt solid and complete but I didn't get a chance to play it too long because others were waiting to play.

WP_20141018_002.jpg
    WP_20141018_003.jpg

#42 4 years ago

I played Predator at Expo. Game felt solid as another poster mentioned. UV lighting is different. Still could not see the Predator face when UV lit - yes Expo area was well lit.

Two vendors over was VirtuaPin booth with a tent - yes a tent to showcase their lighting. I was tempted to ask Kevin if we could coffin carry Predator over to the booth to check out the UV effect - but decided not to bother. At this point, I just expect the UV face not to be a fully working feature.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 209.99
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 19.95
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 129.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 14.95
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 40.00
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Mod Magic!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside