(Topic ID: 120475)

Skit-B Predator Pinball, where do you stand?

By hassellcastle

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by lowepg
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Where do you stand with Predator Pinball”

• I've pre-ordered and I'm still waiting for my game. 56 votes
    47%
  • I got out and received my deposit back. 38 votes
    32%
  • I want out and have been unable to get my deposit back. 25 votes
    21%

(119 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thats what she said.jpg
87.jpg
image-80.jpg
image.jpg
blinkered.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zentron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago

Was the deposit refundable or non-refundable?

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't believe it should matter since the games were promised shortly after the deposits or beginning in 2014. Kevin did not ship any games so IMO the deposits were taken in bad faith, or under false promise of delivery.

Kevin did not ship any games yet.

I don't understand why someone would ask for a refund on a non-refundable deposit.

#26 9 years ago

One of the reasons for the non-refundable security deposit is to have capital to make and ship the games. If it was to take him 6 years to make the pin, it will take 6 years. If someone wants their money back, they can sue and would probably lose.

I'm not an attorney either but to expect a refund of a non-refundable security deposit because you have concern about the owners behavior or think its fair, I don't think would make that happen.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Whysnow you make a lot of great points always, but you never seem to see that someon can disagree with you.
Here is something regarding deposits for goods
http://www.consumerhelp.ie/paying-deposits

Remember, deposits are usually non-refundable. If you pay a deposit and then change your mind about the product or service, the supplier or seller may not have to return your deposit.

If the shop goes out of business If you pay a deposit and the shop or seller goes out of business, it may be very difficult to get the product or service or your money back. Your deposit will not be a priority for the business if it goes into liquidation or receivership. - See more at: http://www.consumerhelp.ie/paying-deposits#sthash.MAmvDxX9.dpuf

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I bet you are wrong about that. Any lawyers want to weigh in?

You don't need a lawyer, you need a judge..

Why would a seller put a specific date on when they expect to deliver. You expect them to take a non-refundable deposit and then say if we don't deliver by 7/1/2015 we will refund all money?

Look at Alien Standard Pre-order form. There are no dates of delivery
http://heighwaypinball.com/orderform/ALIEN/ALIEN-HPOrderForm-SE-NO-USD-Download-020315.pdf

They mention of the page before it the below information, but all they had to do is change the verbiage to non-refundable which is what it appears SKITB did.

Orders can be cancelled any time before the week of manufacture, and deposits refunded (minus any transaction fees applicable). Cancelled orders will then be offered to anyone on the waiting list, or the public. Orders are non-transferable

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Your email regarding the $3000 deposit from skit b must be different to mine then. As my email states quite clearly, twice actually, the deposits are all "fully refundable" and "completely refundable" in the next paragraph.
And yes I'm still in (only just)

Do they say when they are refundable to?

Does it mention a date?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zentron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-predator-pinball-where-do-you-stand?tu=zentron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.