(Topic ID: 120475)

Skit-B Predator Pinball, where do you stand?

By hassellcastle

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by lowepg
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Where do you stand with Predator Pinball”

• I've pre-ordered and I'm still waiting for my game. 56 votes
    47%
  • I got out and received my deposit back. 38 votes
    32%
  • I want out and have been unable to get my deposit back. 25 votes
    21%

(119 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thats what she said.jpg
87.jpg
image-80.jpg
image.jpg
blinkered.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 9 years ago

The 'poll" option is not going to be very accurate in this case.

If you want accurate then why not start a thread where people are asked to post their status rather than the ability for people not even one of the 3 options be able to cast a vote to sway whatever way they want?

From the responses of actual posters it is quite different than those that just opted to click a button annonymously. Obvious agenda is obvious...

I am obviously still in.

I know of 1 person that recently got in off the waitlist also.

Accurate count of those posting

9 still in.
3 got out earlier and got money back.
1 recently asked for money and has not gotten it back yet.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't believe it should matter since the games were promised shortly after the deposits or beginning in 2014. Kevin did not ship any games so IMO the deposits were taken in bad faith.

Let's be a bit more accurate.

$250 deposit to hold spot initially.

Announcement that you needed to pay 3k total by June? 28th 2014 so part acquisition could start.
Anyone that wanted out at that time, got their $250 deposit back is my understanding.

The promise at that time (June 2014) was that you paid 3k, they would start building games (obviously has started but VERY slow), you paid remainder when ready for delivery. Part acquisition has been happening (at a snails pace, but we have seen that it is happening).

Deposits were fully refundable if you wanted out before the 3k payment. Pretty sure at 3k payment time the deal was, if you want out you get money back when spot is taken over.

At this point nothing was done maliciiously or in bad faith from SkitB.

They may be slow and may suck at communication, but trying to make it sound like or infer it is a scam is ridiculous and makes you look silly Rai. Anyone that honestly thinks this is some sort of long con does not understand how a long con works. No matter what, Kevin is a good guy and has only the best of intentions! He may not succeed, but his heart has ALWAYS been in the right place.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not a lawyer but I know Kevin has collected a lot of money for zero delivery. How long do you think the grace period should be? 6 month? 6 years? You say it's non-refundable as if they means Kevin is under no law statutes to deliver a pin in a timely manner.

You are not in on the game so as such, you do not have any of the current 'contracts' between those that have ordered and SkitB.

The only thing that can be called a 'contract' are the emails between SkitB and those that paid in, as to my understanding those are the only things that can be interpreted as a binding agreement and much of this has been done in good faith between those providing the money and those promising a game. Until that contract has been broken, there is no such thing as your made up 'grace period'.

No matter what, anyone paying attention knows that even if the whole thing fails, Kevin has no intentions of taking peoples money. Anyone that is thinking lawyers are needed hopefully is also happy paying all their money to the lawyers as they are th only ones that will ever come out ahead in that situation. I suggest just hanging tight if you are in on the ride. Should be under 2 weeks till we finally get some light shed on whatever the situation is. At this point, the continual freak out mentality of those not in the game is not going to do anyone any good and I am sure nobody will be seeing any communication or movement until whatever comes in 2 weeks time.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Whysnow you make a lot of great points always, but you never seem to see that someon can disagree with you.
Here is something regarding deposits for goods
http://www.consumerhelp.ie/paying-deposits
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Thanks Rai. I may be forceful and opinionated, but fully respect that we can disagree.

I would ask what part of the contract has currently been violated?
I am yet to see any promise that was broken.

I was told, 'pay my 3k, part acquisition starts, pay remainder upon delivery'
At this point, I see no breaking of any promise or contract. I may not like the things that have transpired since I paid 3k or lack of communication, but I can not for the life of me come up with anything where the current contracts have been broken.

If anything, all aspects which have been promised have been fullfilled at this time.
I gave money, SkitB has been getting parts, some games are being built.
I have not been asked for more money nor have I ever been promied a delivery date.

Where have the broken the original contract?

Maybe I should have negotiated a better contract if I am not happy??? Seriously, I am not sure of where they have not fulfilled the written obligations to me at this point.

I should add that I have no idea on the legal matter surrounding a 'deposit' or 'pre-payment' or 'partial payment' or whatever the legal system woudl interpret this as. It really does not matter to me. As I have said, like it or not, my fate is in the hands of Kevin. Even if he fails, I will not be making this a legal matter. I trust my gut that Kevin will do everything possibl to make things right no matter what the outcome and I never sue someone that has their heart in the right place and may have failed on a dream! This was a dream I have beleived in for a long time and if it never happens and there was no lying or neglectful reason, then tough crap fro me.

This really comes down to me trusting Kevin. I will continue to trust until proven wrong or he takes away that trust. At this point, he may be on thin and unstable ground, but he has not shown me any reason to believ he is anything other than in over his head but very genuine!

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

14 people say they have requested refunds and not received them.
That's more than $30,000.
No one else concrned about this?
Even if all the games will be made with no issues eventually 14 people wanting out and not getting responses is concerning.

Not concerned at all considering the accurate numbers of people willing to actually post is now>>

10 still in.
4 got out earlier and got money back.

I can guess which one you voted for though... Same shit different thread.

#51 9 years ago

make that

11 still in.
4 got out earlier and got money back.

If anything this poll vs reality of people posting shows the truth behind many people and their desire to vote in polls to change a perception.

14? people supposedly not getting a refund but only 1 willing to post that reality publicaly in the thread <insert eye roll>

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

If you go back to the recent posts of the "official" thread, you will see at least 5 guys (myself included) who have asked for a refund and not gotten it and made posts about it.

I don't dount there are more than 1 that have asked, esp those that have asked more recently (since the recent blow up). However, 14 annonymous voters in the poll makes my point pretty clearly.

Either way, the last round of people asking for refunds appeared to have all been granted from many accounts. It may have taken some time, but that trend is comforting, even if Jared and others want it to be concerning to you.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Whysnow. You floor me man.
The poll is simply to show where people stand and hopefully those that are voting are those that should.
And because you dont like the results you are seeing you assume the poll is fixed. Good grief!

That is not the case at all.

I am simply pointing out that if you actually wanted to get an accurate count rather than pushing an obvious agenda, you would have asked for a more accountable tally rather than annonymous polling.

Your poll perfectly points out the inaccuracy of your poll.

At current standing ~50% of posters vs pollers are accountable for the first 2 categories.
less than 10% are accountable for the 3rd category.

That alone is very telling.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

and that at least some of the "I want out and have been unable to get my deposit back" votes are legit.

completely agree.

Just also agree that the poll is squewed by many people that were never in lying just for the fun of it or with maliciious intent.

Jared> sorry but I believe your screen shots as much as I believe anything else you have said on the topic. You ran your mouth plenty at expo time about all your connections with insiders and those trying to take the project down but now you slyly back away from repeating whom were the big time people in the industry telling you all these things or the full story of how you are associated and "know" the people contacting FOX.

Hopefully when the full story comes out it will also show all the annonymous people attached behind the scenes. When moderators on Pinside have confirmed your involvement and can corroberate you also told them many of the things you told me, that tells me you have been intimately involved in many ways with spreading the rumor even if you are not the original souce. It is obvious to many that no matter what you say now, you have been involved in a negative way for quite some time.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I can't photoshop a video. Im not lying. Please stop saying that I am.
» YouTube video

Glad to see you did not vote in the poll and are also no longer denying the other things mentioned with your connections to industry big shots and buddies that have been actively working against this project, or at least your previous claims to this effect.

Props to you but it would be way cooler if you were good enough to edit a cell phone video that well

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-predator-pinball-where-do-you-stand?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.