(Topic ID: 107605)

Skit B Predator Apology (let's wait for facts)

By kaneda

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-992.jpg
1.jpg
image-890.jpg
askhole-84.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Wanted to share this in the Predator Scam thread but I was booted. I think it was the combo of football, whiskey all day, and reading so many vitriolic posts that inspired me to be a real dick. Course there's really no excuse, I was 100% wrong in saying what I did and making bold statements as if they were the truth. I think we all get caught up at times re-acting to things when we should just take a deep breath until we hear the truth. Given most of the frustration here stems from the lack of information people have and that opens the door for speculation. Regardless, it's wrong for me or anyone to slam them before hearing what's really going on. I hope more info comes out soon and this is the last time you'll hear such negativity from me.

#2 9 years ago

Kaneda's gotta kaneda...

#4 9 years ago

Easy man...he's apologizing.

#5 9 years ago

You clearly haven't read all the garbage he has pulled. He gets no more apologies in my book. Like I said, go away dude.

#6 9 years ago

I can't believe you're still lurking around the forum. What, not another "which machine should I buy" or "I have $11k for a Tron LE" posting? People remember that kind of stuff and although I didn't read the recent rant that got you booted, I can only imagine........ I agree with Skins
Go away dude.

#7 9 years ago

One thing I'll never understand is why my hunting for a pin to buy upset so many people. I did have 11K to buy a Tron LE and that's what those pins were going for. But I wasn't 100% sure that was the right pin to buy. For some reason my hunting for a pin upset people. I think I made the mistake of creating multiple threads. My bad.

I was just trying to make a wise decision and for some reason that PISSED so many people off. I never committed to buying a pin and backed out. I was about to pull the trigger on a TRON LE but decided 11K was just too much for one pin. And it was because people on here helped me find the right pin.

Just saying I went too far on the Skit B thread and you won't see that type of negativity from me again. That's all. So not going to "go away" just going to behave better.

#8 9 years ago

If you're not in on Predator then it shouldn't matter to you what happens with that pin one way or another. Its obvious you made that statement because you suffer from some serious jealousy issues and I specifically remember you trying anything you could to get a hold of a predator preorder. I agree that you should just go away.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

If you're not in on Predator then it shouldn't matter to you what happens with that pin one way or another. Its obvious you made that statement because you suffer from some serious jealousy issues and I specifically remember you trying anything you could to get a hold of a Predator preorder. I agree that you should just go away.

Actually I was locked in on a Predator order. Many on the list were anxious to sell me their spot. And I had a very nice gentleman locked in. I even paid him $250 to hold my spot for me and then the plan was to pay the rest as Kevin needed more money. I said if I ever backed out, he could keep the $250 as a gesture of thanks for helping me out.

I do not suffer from jealousy issues at all. In fact I was super excited to hear about the Predator pin and it's the perfect theme for a game. Like many of you I grew up on that movie. It's just unfortunate that you either have to support a game 100% or else you're a hater and a troll. People don't have to be in on a Predator to give their opinion. At the end of the day, I like many people waited to see how the game developed before deciding if it was worth writing big checks for. Ultimately, while I love the theme, I just didn't see the game coming together as I imagined. That's fine. I'm sure they will sell all 250 easily if the project moves forward.

I just think it's dangerous to imply people can't share opinions unless they have the game on order. These games are works of art and thus will spark debate regardless of who's buying one or not. Now giving constructive feedback is where I fell way short. And I won't slam makers anymore.

#10 9 years ago

askhole-84.jpgaskhole-84.jpg

#11 9 years ago

And what advice did I not take? Please, explain.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Actually I was locked in on a Predator order. Many on the list were anxious to sell me their spot. And I had a very nice gentleman locked in. I even paid him $250 to hold my spot for me and then the plan was to pay the rest as Kevin needed more money. I said if I ever backed out, he could keep the $250 as a gesture of thanks for helping me out.
I do not suffer from jealousy issues at all. In fact I was super excited to hear about the Predator pin and it's the perfect theme for a game. Like many of you I grew up on that movie. It's just unfortunate that you either have to support a game 100% or else you're a hater and a troll. People don't have to be in on a Predator to give their opinion. At the end of the day, I like many people waited to see how the game developed before deciding if it was worth writing big checks for. Ultimately, while I love the theme, I just didn't see the game coming together as I imagined. That's fine. I'm sure they will sell all 250 easily if the project moves forward.
I just think it's dangerous to imply people can't share opinions unless they have the game on order. These games are works of art and thus will spark debate regardless of who's buying one or not. Now giving constructive feedback is where I fell way short. And I won't slam makers anymore.

Don't put words in my mouth, I never said you are a hater as for the troll... if the shoe fits. You can have whatever opinions you want on any machine, I dont give a shit about that. I've been very vocal on the things I dont like about predator so dont try and paint me as some sort of fanboy. You sure love to try and spin like a politician. If this is your idea of constructive feedback you really need to get your head checked.

Quoted from kaneda:

It's so obvious what has happened. They built a game that they did not have legal permission to build. Using the Predator name / theme is one thing. Using Arnold's image, voice, music from movie is another. They are FUCKED! Look at Stern. A company with a lot of money that just made The Walking Dead and they had to leave out voice actors from the show due to rights. No way a little basement startup like Skit B got the rights to use Arnold's image and voice for this pin. Which means their game is now going to be a cluster fuck. Removing the game from all of their social media channels is indicative of ONE THING: Legal sent them a not to do so. My god, it's over for this pin. Did anyone really think these basement dwellers were really going to secure the rights to one of the greatest movies of all time and make only 250 games in the process? Heck Stern couldn't even afford the rights for TWD and they will sell a couple thousand of those games. This thing is done. Stick a fork in it. Not to mention the game looks likes crap and deserves a better treatment than this. It's over.
Post edited by moderator: Ejected from thread. You can get a point across without being an ass about it.

The last part of the paragraph screams jealousy on the fact that you couldnt get in on it. I dont wanna hear how you tried to buy a spot when Kevin specifically forbid selling spots.

#13 9 years ago

Get to the chopper!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

I can't believe you're still lurking around the forum. What, not another "which machine should I buy" or "I have $11k for a TRON LE" posting? People remember that kind of stuff and although I didn't read the recent rant that got you booted, I can only imagine........ I agree with Skins
Go away dude.

Agree, burnt up Klov, dragged out a simple transaction with a teenager. and moved over here. Little to no respect will probably be given here.

#15 9 years ago

"Chris" posts are da bomb! Seriously! They are all jewels if you know how to read them! Thanks for the smiles "sheets"!!!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Get to the chopper!

Get to the ban!

No really, can a moderator make this happen? You'd be my best friend!

#17 9 years ago

Now all we need is Choggard starting a predator thread.

#18 9 years ago

Kaneda, you continue to stir up animosity on Pinside. Just try to act better, then you won't HAVE to apologize and also be that guy who hits 1 million thumbs downs.

#19 9 years ago

Given the tread title, I thought this was going to be an apology from Skit-B for tanking on Predator, and the PR was being handled by Kaneda.

And as much as I would hate to hear that Skit-B didn't come through, that would've made for a fascinating, popcorn-filled thread adventure.

#20 9 years ago

Predator Schmedator...the real question is did you ever make good after burning that guy on the Wreck It Ralph?

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Predator Schmedator...the real question is did you ever make good after burning that guy on the Wreck It Ralph?

That is what everyone has been waiting to hear.

#22 9 years ago

I was fine with everything until that thread, all it did was create a fear that Predator is a scam which I cannot believe. Please unless your in on this game then just stay away from the threads for now. That would be like me going to TBL and claiming its a rip off and most likely they will never be built. OK, SkitB needs to practise better business and marketing technique but its pretty much been this way since the beginning then a big announcement, I'm hoping the next one is first run built and ready for shipping, until that or cancel of entire project what's the point in speculation and why make it the worst possible scenario.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That would be like me going to TBL and claiming its a rip off and most likely they will never be built.

The difference is they would answer , show pics of the plant and provide a timeline.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The difference is they would answer , show pics of the plant and provide a timeline.

I agree but why would I care is the point, not buying it not interested. Of course I would feel for the guys who might have been taken but that's about the extent of my concern.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Kevin did respond to me in a decent amount of time today but there is nothing that says he has to respond on pinside. Would I like him to to put out the fire? Sure, but he apparently has a good reason to not post here.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Kevin did respond to me in a decent amount of time today but there is nothing that says he has to respond on pinside. Would I like him to to put out the fire? Sure, but he apparently has a good reason to not post here.

If owners start posting they are getting responses I think all is well.

But remember pin side is where the game was marketed and heralded as the place he sought feedback from. As I said before if this is his only game then I totally agree. But if he wants to sell more then I beg to differ. He does owe it to pinside. For the past that started this and for the future of earning business.

#27 9 years ago

lol @ op

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

But remember pin side is where the game was marketed and heralded as the place he sought feedback from. As I said before if this is his only game then I totally agree. But if he wants to sell more then I beg to differ. He does owe it to pinside. For the past that started this and for the future of earning business.

It might make a difference in the future, but you know how most of us are. If Predator gets made and turns out great, I doubt a lack of communication now will hurt sales of their next game if it also looks good.

Especially if the majority of the people who are complaining aren't even in on the game.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

If owners start posting they are getting responses I think all is well.

I don't disagree with you but there is also probably a lot more to this we dont know. I have a feeling if/when games start shipping we will hear from Kevin on pinside.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

It might make a difference in the future, but you know how most of us are. If Predator gets made and turns out great, I doubt a lack of communication now will hurt sales of their next game if it also looks good.
Especially if the majority of the people who are complaining aren't even in on the game.

This is a good point. If Kevin delivers Predator that would speak volumes to his trustworthiness and im sure this whole silence fiasco will be forgotten.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Months ago...he's actually just gotten his very own Disney Felix. All good in that area. And he paid $5,000 for his...a far cry from the $9,000 he claimed I owed him.

#32 9 years ago

5k for a fix it felix? wow, a donkey kong cab, an old computer and some vinyl graphics sure are expensive.

#33 9 years ago

Kaneda is a waste of time. Just some guy that works for a company that does 'viral' marketing campaigns. Don't fall for it.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from gamestencils:

Kaneda is a waste of time. Just some guy that works for a company that does 'viral' marketing campaigns. Don't fall for it.

I love you.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Wanted to share this in the Predator Scam thread but I was booted. I think it was the combo of football, whiskey all day, and reading so many vitriolic posts that inspired me to be a real dick. Course there's really no excuse, I was 100% wrong in saying what I did and making bold statements as if they were the truth. I think we all get caught up at times re-acting to things when we should just take a deep breath until we hear the truth. Given most of the frustration here stems from the lack of information people have and that opens the door for speculation. Regardless, it's wrong for me or anyone to slam them before hearing what's really going on. I hope more info comes out soon and this is the last time you'll hear such negativity from me.

That post reminds me of someone. It's like your actions are out of control and then you need to remedy them ....

Hmmmm ... We know you live in NYC ... Do you like Phil Collins?

image-890.jpgimage-890.jpg

#36 9 years ago

Not dubs bro

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Kaneda's gotta kaneda...

I laugh every time I read this....

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I think it was the combo of football, whiskey all day, and reading so many vitriolic posts that inspired me to be a real dick.

You should probably QUIT DRINKING!! as a started.

#39 9 years ago

Maybe there was a misunderstanding as to what the full cost of the machine was, but I thought I made it clear that I was seeking the agreed upon amount before he pulled up to my house. Before he came, we agreed on a payment plan consisting of two payments. He ended up thinking the machine was for the first half and the paperwork for the second. I did not imply or agree to this. I said I would keep the paperwork as collateral until the machine was paid off. When I asked for the second payment after giving him his first desired amount of time to do so, he refused claiming that the paperwork was not worth the additional amount of money. I asked to have him return the machine for a refund and he refused.

After several months of getting nowhere, we agreed to alter the deal for him to provide me with the specs I forgot to get so I could build my own. Sometime later, he contacts me refusing to do this as it will hurt the value of the machine. Every time I posted about the ordeal on KLOV for advice, he took to emailing me threats that what I was doing was slander and that if I continued to post anything, he would cut all talks of completing what he owes me.

If this wasn't enough, I recently won a Felix machine on eBay and he took to emailing the seller using my name to cancel the transaction with me and sell to him.

#40 9 years ago

I can forgive most of this, but the latest thing with eBay has me shaking my head.

#42 9 years ago

You know when a thread starts making no sense there are deletions. When this happens I'm always like I don't understand. Then I realize I'm missing serious entertainment.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

Maybe there was a misunderstanding as to what the full cost of the machine was, but I thought I made it clear that I was seeking the agreed upon amount before he pulled up to my house. Before he came, we agreed on a payment plan consisting of two payments. He ended up thinking the machine was for the first half and the paperwork for the second. I did not imply or agree to this. I said I would keep the paperwork as collateral until the machine was paid off. When I asked for the second payment after giving him his first desired amount of time to do so, he refused claiming that the paperwork was not worth the additional amount of money. I asked to have him return the machine for a refund and he refused.
After several months of getting nowhere, we agreed to alter the deal for him to provide me with the specs I forgot to get so I could build my own. Sometime later, he contacts me refusing to do this as it will hurt the value of the machine. Every time I posted about the ordeal on KLOV for advice, he took to emailing me threats that what I was doing was slander and that if I continued to post anything, he would cut all talks of completing what he owes me.
If this wasn't enough, I recently won a Felix machine on eBay and he took to emailing the seller using my name to cancel the transaction with me and sell to him.

Wow if this is the case then he deserves the criticisms. I hope he makes amends.

#44 9 years ago

Chuck Norris named his cat.................LIONMAN!!!!! Deal with it!!

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

Colton for real man, you just tell half the story all of the time. I told you the next day that I emailed the seller and was fucking with them to sell me the machine for 6k! I was fucking kidding man and congratulated you on your machine. Why the fuck would I buy ANOTHER Felix. Ask yourself that. You think I spend my days trying hard to keep you from getting a Felix? LOL. I'm about to list my Felix for sale soon. Been nothing but a curse since owning it.

You've got your Felix and I hope you are happy with it. You got $6,500 from me and just got a machine for $5,000. If anyone should be pissed it is me now that the game you claimed over and over again was worth $10,000 is now half that. But whatever, that's the market for stuff like this.

I've dealt with A LOT of other people both on these forums and on eBay. Nobody else is out there calling me a crook and liar. Hmmmm...why is that?

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Colton for real man, you just tell half the story all of the time. I told you the next day that I emailed the seller and was fucking with them to sell me the machine for 6k! I was fucking kidding man and congratulated you on your machine. Why the fuck would I buy ANOTHER Felix. Ask yourself that. You think I spend my days trying hard to keep you from getting a Felix? LOL. I'm about to list my Felix for sale soon. Been nothing but a curse since owning it.
You've got your Felix and I hope you are happy with it. You got $6,500 from me and just got a machine for $5,000. If anyone should be pissed it is me now that the game you claimed over and over again was worth $10,000 is now half that. But whatever, that's the market for stuff like this.
I've dealt with A LOT of other people both on these forums and on eBay. Nobody else is out there calling me a crook and liar. Hmmmm...why is that?

When do we get to start the "Vote off a Pinsider" game?

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

When do we get to start the "Vote off a Pinsider" game?

Right now. I'll cast my vote first. Kick Kaneda out.

#48 9 years ago

This all has to be some kind of marketing student's thesis playing out. There's no doubt it's all planned and orchestrated, but to what end I am not sure. Padding resume, promotional?? I have no idea. All I do know is it's all made up to get planned reactions.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Considering how the seller was acting and what I was told, you were quite persistent. The fact you used my name is enough to file a report. I've saved every email between us and this it how is started and how it's playing out now. I've blocked your emails, so you'll need to message me through pinside if you want to talk. I don't care about the money anymore, but this eBay thing almost exploded into a case for every party involved.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

We are still happy with calling you a douchebag. You are one of the few people on here, and KLOV, who is genuinely disliked by most of the members. The fact that you had shady dealings with a teenager just adds to your dislikeability, it didn't create it.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-predator-apology-lets-wait-for-facts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.