Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 505 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CourierHST-DS1L.jpg
    Way_things_work.jpg
    Obliterator.jpg
    Obliterator-1.jpg
    Barbarian.jpg
    Barbarian.gif
    Frank.jpg
    hqdefault-738.jpg
    timmy.jpg
    Gods_(Amiga)_03.png
    gods-ss1.gif
    Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 5.47.54 PM.png
    359969.jpg
    359973-i.jpg
    359971-i.jpg
    PREDATOR.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fastpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

After looking at the video and remembering all my hours of watching Myth Busters, the name makes sense. Here are some of my favorite quotes from them:
    (gathered from a larger list here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383126/quotes )
    Adam: Remember, don't try this at home.
    Jamie: We're what you call "experts".
    Jamie: [in anticipation of a massive explosion] Jamie wants big boom
    [discussing the lethality of paper-mache arrows]
    Adam: Just thinkin' this one through from a mechanical standpoint... I'd be totally pleased with two inches of penetration.
    Jamie: Generally, I prefer a little bit more.
    Adam: [holding a floatation barrel] The only thing we're told we can't do is burn them, blow them up, or lose them!
    Salvatore: Has he watched the show?
    Adam: Well, hopefully that's our job, to strap rockets onto everything!

I figured Jamie and Adam started using it after an exchange like this:

Anyone: "You guys are dangerous!"
    Jamie or Adam: "We are EXPERTS of Dangerous!"

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#161 9 years ago

OT: But thanks for this link. Seriously, best thing I have discovered via pinside.com in as long as I can remember. My grandmother was a painter and a lot of this I learned but couldn't articulate well to others.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

Post edited by fastpinball: To make what I was trying to say make some sort of sense!

#196 9 years ago

It's a tad hard to read in that imagine, but the line "Adam Savage & Jamie Hyneman are the..." makes the "Experts of Dangerous" roll off the tongue better.

Adam Savage & Jamie Hyneman are the... EXPERTS OF DANGEROUS!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

1 month later
    #403 9 years ago

The two teams have been operating pretty independently for a long time. I'd love to see the "Build Team" go on to do something more in line with getting kids stoked on building. The show has inspired my boys to want to learn to create. Big thanks to the whole Mythbusters crew for that.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

5 months later
    #437 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Wow, artwork Puke. #1 rule of graphic design is legibility in typography. Can you read/make out the type? I can't even make out what 1/2 the shit in this art is suppose to be, let alone the type. This is an epic failure. More is not more. Less is more. Good graphic design is more about knowing what not to do than what you can do.

Everyone has their opinions on art, but I should throw out that the playfield we have in the lab is early art "mockup" so the final art on playfield will look different than what is shown here.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#439 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

EOD, delivered to your home in 2020.

Oh man I hope not!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#451 9 years ago

My grandmother was a painter and I learned very early on the difference between a critique and just ripping on something. I would rather have people tell me what can be better than it looks "nice." Ugh!

When working with people the first time I will usually say, "when we are working together, assume everything is fine and what we are talking about is what can be better." Really sets the stage for a collaboration where the best results are possible.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#453 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

That is a great attitude. It is difficult to accept, especially when you have had that vision and pour hours and hours of you life into it just to have someone that has had no part of the process come by and tell you it sucks. At least if they give you a reason as to why you can at least justify it in your mind. I have scrapped entire long-term projects over critiques like this, and it has always worked out for the better (usually with song recordings). You also have to know when to stick to you guns and see something through to the end often too, it is very easy to get persuaded early on to make a major change, then your heart isn't in it anymore and you end up doing it for the wrong reasons. 9/10 songs or designs I do are shit. I've just learned to accept that as a fact the the hit to miss ratio is high.

For sure. Editing is hard. Creating is fun. Developing something great is awesome. The pin projects I tinker with are a slow dev process. Iterate. Share. Get feedback. Repeat.

Sometimes the excitement to produce something can be the wrong motivation.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#457 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

I have no doubts this will turn out fantastic looking in the end. You clearly get it.

I am not the art director on this title. For this title, FAST is providing hardware and engineering support. Working also to create a pretty cool lighting experience, as well.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#472 9 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Maybe EOD will be popular in waiting rooms at gay wedding chapels.
    Post edited by moderator: Thread eject and warning sent.

You are a sad, sad person, aren't you?

Life tip for ya: Write down what you think you should post. Walk a way for a minute. Return and pick it up and ask yourself, "is this how I want the world to remember me?"

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fastpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-newest-machine-experts-of-danger?tu=fastpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.