Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 505 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CourierHST-DS1L.jpg
    Way_things_work.jpg
    Obliterator.jpg
    Obliterator-1.jpg
    Barbarian.jpg
    Barbarian.gif
    Frank.jpg
    hqdefault-738.jpg
    timmy.jpg
    Gods_(Amiga)_03.png
    gods-ss1.gif
    Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 5.47.54 PM.png
    359969.jpg
    359973-i.jpg
    359971-i.jpg
    PREDATOR.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#8 9 years ago

After looking at the video and remembering all my hours of watching Myth Busters, the name makes sense. Here are some of my favorite quotes from them:

(gathered from a larger list here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383126/quotes )

Adam: Remember, don't try this at home.
    Jamie: We're what you call "experts".

Jamie: [in anticipation of a massive explosion] Jamie wants big boom

[discussing the lethality of paper-mache arrows]
    Adam: Just thinkin' this one through from a mechanical standpoint... I'd be totally pleased with two inches of penetration.
    Jamie: Generally, I prefer a little bit more.

Adam: [holding a floatation barrel] The only thing we're told we can't do is burn them, blow them up, or lose them!
    Salvatore: Has he watched the show?

Adam: Well, hopefully that's our job, to strap rockets onto everything!

#16 9 years ago

Test Track was down for renovations 2 years ago when we were there, then last year we got to ride the "new and improved" version. It's basically the exact same ride, but Tron-ified. Basically, it was an incandescent game and they LEDed it. lol

If someone could post pics from the art video, I'd be very appreciative. I watched it on my iPhone but can't see the detail.

#19 9 years ago

+1,000 internet points for Aurich!

I like the blueprint parts. The rest isn't terrible, it's just a bit overwhelming on the eyeballs, but will probably look better when sized to a pinball machine.

Wasn't a contest prize having your face or likeness on pin #2? If so, who won and where is their likeness?

#172 9 years ago

The cabinet art is growning on me. I like pretty much everything about it, except the logo is still really hard to read. The red and yellow together messes with my eyes, and while the 'dangerous' looks cool in theory, it comes across as a big jumble. Then again, maybe it looks better when sized to a machine instead of 4 inches on my computer monitor.

But it is cracking me up that so many people on here are all "Who are these unknown guys... I don't know who they are... get this random dude off the artwork." To me, that's like making a Mr Rogers Neighborhood pinball machine and then having someone say "Who is this dude in a cardigan on the backglass? Can't we get some half naked hot chick seductively holding a puppet on here instead?"

Jamie and Adam ARE the brand. They ARE the Experts of Dangerous. I get that some people may not have seen the show, but it's been on for years and years so they're not some complete unknowns like a random "Dave the weather man from the local news" theme would be. What they are wearing is their normal attire, and honestly I think Jamie probably really is a robot in real life. They could be in a more lifelike or dynamic pose, but they've depicted them decenty well.

#239 9 years ago

I have no more money for them to take right now anyway. lol

Get Predator to me, let me see how that process goes, give me time to potentially save up more money, and then we'll talk about EOD. I like that they went ahead and showed the theme so that we would know what was coming down the line in the future and be able to decide on it as far as all the different pinball options now, and that they aren't taking money or orders at this time. And I like the theme now that I've thought about it. But... I'm still in Predator mode for now.

2 weeks later
    #385 9 years ago

Video of Adam at ComiCon.

2 months later
    #412 9 years ago

I'm not positive about the D unless it's just for Dangerous, but M5 is the name of their company:

http://m5industries.com/m5i.html

1 month later
    #429 9 years ago

3 months later
    #480 9 years ago

I just pretend that "Timmy" is actually Peter Dinklage.

I've got JP, LAH, and Frankenstein in a row. I love my DEs, but Frankenstein is one of the most gorgeous machines I've got. It's a Sega which also never gets any love around here, but with art by Paul Faris, you can't really go wrong. It's fun to look at Nedry's hand versus the monster's hand.

Frank.jpgFrank.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-newest-machine-experts-of-danger?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.