Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 505 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CourierHST-DS1L.jpg
    Way_things_work.jpg
    Obliterator.jpg
    Obliterator-1.jpg
    Barbarian.jpg
    Barbarian.gif
    Frank.jpg
    hqdefault-738.jpg
    timmy.jpg
    Gods_(Amiga)_03.png
    gods-ss1.gif
    Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 5.47.54 PM.png
    359969.jpg
    359973-i.jpg
    359971-i.jpg
    PREDATOR.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 505 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
    #201 9 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

He said "I don't know why" .. that would require not reading. It's different to say "I disagree with what people are saying"

Yep. Aurich and others have been pretty specific about the whys.

#202 9 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

I imagine he has. Is it OK for us to have our own opinions, or is yours always right?

No, I'm not always right, of course not. But I (and lots of other people) wrote out detailed explanations with specific examples for why don't like it, backed up with links and research and experience beyond just "I don't like it because I don't like it". So it seems somewhat disingenuous to say "I don't know why people are complaining". We just explained why! A lot!

#203 9 years ago

Here...they can use the DVD cover I created for Regenerated Man...

Regenerated Man cover.jpgRegenerated Man cover.jpg
    #204 9 years ago

Ted is he using his magic lightning to increase her cup size?

#205 9 years ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

It's a tad hard to read in that imagine, but the line "Adam Savage & Jamie Hyneman are the..." makes the "Experts of Dangerous" roll off the tongue better.
    Adam Savage & Jamie Hyneman are the... EXPERTS OF DANGEROUS!
    Aaron
    FAST Pinball

Except that lead-in text is harder to find than Waldo. :-/

Quoted from kid_ego:

Should have had the big crash test dummy in the center holding the two guys in its fists (like it was about to crush them).

I don't get why the Experts aren't bigger on the translight. There's even plenty of space handily left and right of optic center right above them. They could be more prominent, bigger, moved somewhat up and out of the visual jungle of the flames and such and not even have to alter the big Buster. Except, having typed that, I wonder if there are backbox lighting effects going on behind that translight with the eyes and lightning...

Regardless, my Dad just left. Now, my Dad is generally NOT a perceptive dude, but he does like pinball (EM guy), and he does love Mythbusters. As he knows nothing of this game, I sent him in cold and let him look at the trasnlight for seven or eight seconds and tell me about what he saw. He spoke about "spooky robot guys, or wait, dummies, lots of fire and lightning"... and then right near the end he said, "Oh look, that's Adam and Jamie!". When I asked him what the title was, he asked "To what?". I said, that's a pinball backglass Dad, there was a title in there. He said, "Didn't see it. I don't remember any alpha numerics at all".

Stressed, my Dad is NOT perceptive, but even so...

#206 9 years ago

Saw this on my YouTube suggestions list:

I assume this is the gun from the backglass?

#207 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

I don't know why people are complaining about the artwork. It looks like classic hand-drawn pinball art. In this case a homage to comic-book-style.

I would tend to agree with most all of the constructive criticism. The individual hand-drawn elements are pretty cool! Awesome that they even did custom hand-drawn artwork. However, taken together in this arrangement (the various sizes of the elements, their positioning, and the coloring) it looks terrible as a whole. The title of the game seems to be camouflaged right into the backglass (you barely even notice it's there). The most important characters (Jamie and Adam) are much less prominent than the crash-test dummies. The theme of the game is "Experts of Dangerous" and not "Crash Test Dummies Revenge", right? Overall, the colors in general make everything seem to run together. Again, definitely some talent in there and the individual elements are cool .. but taken as a whole ... not so good.

#208 9 years ago

I think it is looking cool and has potential, yes the logo is a little hard to read but as a first draft it has my interest and way too early to slam it. I am sure the art will be worked as inserts need to go in etc but the toys have real potential as Adam and Jamie are known for their electronic and mechanical devices. The concept is cool as well - revenge of the test crash dummies.

After seeing that gun video and how it is in the art makes you think there has to be a gun toy, and reckon there could be a saw blade toy as well.

What other toys do you think could be in it?

#209 9 years ago

Just messing around while waiting for my wife to get home from a meeting.

EoD-Jamie-Wall.jpgEoD-Jamie-Wall.jpg

#210 9 years ago

Smoke's going the wrong way.

#212 9 years ago

I thought about this more last night and I really hope the designers don't take things that were said in this thread the wrong way. It can be a real blow to you ego when you put a lot of time into something and someone starts to dissect and criticizes it. It sucks... However use it as a learning experience. Maybe do a bit more research on composition, action poses, color, etc. It's only going to make you that much better.

In drawing class we would have to do 6-10 18x24 pages of just hands a night. Feet the next and so on. You eventually train your brain and hands to work nicely together. It doesn't happen overnight. Whom ever did the art has a pretty good idea of proportions so that's a step in the right direction. They just need a bit more refinement and action.

Everything that was said was meant to be constructive criticism. Imagine if everyone just said the art 'looks great' knowing inside that it needs major, MAJOR work. Well then Skit B makes the game using the art in its current state and can't sell a single unit. They are left wondering 'what happened?'.'Everyone responded so positive to our design'. So which do you think is more hurtful? Being honest or 'giving everyone a trophy' ?

#213 9 years ago

#214 9 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Imagine if everyone just said the art 'looks great' knowing inside that it needs major, MAJOR work. Well then Skit B makes the game using the art in its current state and can't sell a single unit. They are left wondering 'what happened?'.'Everyone responded so positive to our design'. So which do you think is more hurtful? Being honest or 'giving everyone a trophy' ?

The stakes are real high now. This game will be coming out in the future, when Big Lewbowski will be out there, 2 or 3 other Sterns, Hobbit, Pat Lawlor's game, Heighway Pinball is lurking in the shadows as well. A ton of competition, unlike when Predator was first shown as the first boutique game.

#215 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

A ton of competition, unlike when Predator was first shown as the first boutique game.

Well, and let's be honest, that was Predator. People were in because of the theme. We talk about wanting original games, unlicensed games, but people line up for their pet dream license based on hearing the name.

You stray from that and you've got to really sell people. I think this could be a cool theme, I'm not down on it at all. I used to watch their show, they're entertaining personalities, and I think people who aren't familiar with them would dig their creativity and tendency to make things explode. But they aren't moving pins based on who they are alone.

Let me put it this way, this thread isn't full of people talking about what favorite Jamie quote they're going to get engraved on a cabinet plaque.

#216 9 years ago

I'm just a little confused by the timing of this announcement. I have not even heard of them securing and setting up a Manufacturing facility of any kind? Anyone? They still have 249 Predators to build, no? That alone can take them another year easily. I don't understand the logic by such another early announcement for a game that we probably won't see a prototype of for at least 2 years? Are they hoping to take pre-orders?

#217 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm just a little confused by the timing of this announcement. I have not even heard of them securing and setting up a Manufacturing facility of any kind? Anyone? They still have 249 Predators to build, no? That alone can take them another year easily. I don't understand the logic by such another early announcement for a game that we probably won't see a prototype of for at least 2 years? Are they hoping to take pre-orders?

Should they have announced it already? No. It would appear that excitement might of got the best of them working with the Mythbusters and what not. As many have pointed out you can't have your designers and art department remain stagnant while you enter the production phase. So it's a good sign that they are already working on the next one.

#218 9 years ago

As many have pointed out you can't have your designers and art department remain stagnant while you enter the production phase.

The art department could have taken art classes for a few months while Predators got built.

#219 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

The art department could have taken art classes for a few months while Predators got built.

Months?

#220 9 years ago

Teeheee....we're dicks.

#221 9 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Smoke's going the wrong way.

I just realized there shouldn't even be any smoke. That's a pneumatic gun, uses compressed air, no combustion, no smoke.

#222 9 years ago

I thought about this more last night and I really hope the designers don't take things that were said in this thread the wrong way. It can be a real blow to you ego when you put a lot of time into something and someone starts to dissect and criticizes it. It sucks... However use it as a learning experience. Maybe do a bit more research on composition, action poses, color, etc. It's only going to make you that much better.
    In drawing class we would have to do 6-10 18x24 pages of just hands a night. Feet the next and so on. You eventually train your brain and hands to work nicely together. It doesn't happen overnight. Whom ever did the art has a pretty good idea of proportions so that's a step in the right direction. They just need a bit more refinement and action.
    Everything that was said was meant to be constructive criticism. Imagine if everyone just said the art 'looks great' knowing inside that it needs major, MAJOR work. Well then Skit B makes the game using the art in its current state and can't sell a single unit. They are left wondering 'what happened?'.'Everyone responded so positive to our design'. So which do you think is more hurtful? Being honest or 'giving everyone a trophy' ?

Quoted from Rarehero:

If I were skit B, I would stear clear of Pinside in the future - bad publicity. Of course this is only my opinion. I hope it's still ok to have an opinion even though it may not be popular....

#223 9 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

If I were skit B, I would stear clear of Pinside in the future - bad publicity.

It's also the bulk of their existing & future customer base, and free advertising (for better or worse).

#224 9 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

If I were skit B, I would stear clear of Pinside in the future - bad publicity. Of course this is only my opinion. I hope it's still ok to have an opinion even though it may not be popular....

On the contrary. I think what developed (initially) in this thread was exactly what Skit B needed to see. Some honest criticism and valid points regarding their artwork. There's no sense sugar coating the situation. People on this forum represent Skit B's target audience. If your audience isn't happy it doesn't do much for business now does it? This was the best thing they could of done. Now, given the information ( assuming they might see this thread) it's entirely up to them how they want to approaching going forward with this project.

#225 9 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

What would that help? Hiding your head in the sand and pretending your art doesn't suck, then try and sell your pin and no one wants it? We're not shitting on someone's one-off pet project, this is something they'd like to sell, and presumably more than 250 this time.

Ask Ben Heck why he changed the cab and translite art for America's Most Haunted.

Look at the Big Lebwoski thread. They announced the cab and translite art and you know what happened? People freaking loved it. Rarehero was waiting, and he caved when he saw it because it was obvious these guys have their shit together and are doing something special. They have as much credibility as Skit-B in some ways, neither has shipped a single pin yet, but the difference is palpable.

Skit-B could be building that kind of hype and excitement right now if they'd gone with a great art package, this thread would be a total 180°. No one is even speculating on the toys and what the layout is like, which Pinside loves to do. Why? Because they don't care, it's unattractive and unappealing and there's no joy and excitement.

#226 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I just realized there shouldn't even be any smoke. That's a pneumatic gun, uses compressed air, no combustion, no smoke.

Call it vapor. You're good...

#227 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Teeheee....we're dicks.

"We're"?

#228 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

What would that help? Hiding your head in the sand and pretending your art doesn't suck, then try and sell your pin and no one wants it? We're not shitting on someone's one-off pet project, this is something they'd like to sell, and presumably more than 250 this time.
    Ask Ben Heck why he changed the cab and translite art for America's Most Haunted.
    Look at the Big Lebwoski thread. They announced the cab and translite art and you know what happened? People freaking loved it. Rarehero was waiting, and he caved when he saw it because it was obvious these guys have their shit together and are doing something special. They have as much credibility as Skit-B in some ways, neither has shipped a single pin yet, but the difference is palpable.
    Skit-B could be building that kind of hype and excitement right now if they'd gone with a great art package, this thread would be a total 180°. No one is even speculating on the toys and what the layout is like, which Pinside loves to do. Why? Because they don't care, it's unattractive and unappealing and there's no joy and excitement.

You say the artwork sucks - but that's only your opinion right - or is it fact? Right now i see bashing not constructive critism. It would be nice to talk about the game - not how much the art sucks........

#229 9 years ago

IMO Kev and company are great software guys, they need a good artist and mechanical eng to join the group to fill in the gaps.

#230 9 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

You say the artwork sucks - but that's only your opinion right - or is it fact? Right now i see bashing not constructive critism. It would be nice to talk about the game - not how much the art sucks........

There was plenty of constructive crits on the art earlier in the thread.

#231 9 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Actually if you go back through this thread Aurich gave specific constructive criticism. Its hard for the bulk of us to talk about the game when all they have to show is the art and we cant get past the work it needs.

#232 9 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

It's a fact and there has been plenty of detailed criticism to back it up.

JUST LOOK AT IT! lol

#233 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

No one is even speculating on the toys and what the layout is like, which Pinside loves to do. Why? Because they don't care, it's unattractive and unappealing and there's no joy and excitement.

*Ahem*

Quoted from navajas:

So. First try:
    1) Gray field for pops?
    2) Rectangular hazard hatch either not "Buster" troll hatch bash toy, or...
    3) Fast eject loaded by lock immediately on its right, or...
    4) Is that space to the right of the hatch an up kicker?
    5) Two orbit entries? Divertable to ramp on one side?
    6) Is that a really tight horse shoe shot? Divertable entry hatch for ramp?
    7) Giant magnet in that circle, maybe a buster toy ala' Whiplash?
    Buzz saw? Can't be just art, right?
    9) Waffles.
    I only see spots for two inserts. Early design, or not inserts? That hazard hatch is connected via art and inserts(?) to the buzz saw. I wonder if the spaces between the hydraulic looking thing light up as they seem to have the same alpha as the circles?

Quoted from navajas:

Since I'm the only one trying to see the mechs past the art, I'll continue!
    I wonder what's with those 90 degree turns on the grey field right in front of the likely magnet thing. Drop down shield?

Though, the above was summarily dismissed as "bitching". And on the internet even, go figure!

Quoted from Aurich:

Something like the Eclipse would produce a shit load of (short lived, wouldn't have time to go up or down) vapor though.

#234 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

No one is even speculating on the toys and what the layout is like, which Pinside loves to do.

Quoted from jlm33:

Anyway, I am more interested into what the PF reveals regarding the shot map. What the hell is going on in the upper right cardan? I can't figure it out.

Ahem, too...

#235 9 years ago

We don't count bud. Aurich hates French people and ScotchIrishNorweJewians who look like Mexicans. It's a sad thing.

#236 9 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

None of this was bashing

Quoted from Rarehero:

Stiff fan-art drawings, way-too-busy compositions and garish color.

Quoted from navajas:

...it's very busy, maybe like an ill advised tattoo catalog choice or something

Quoted from Linolium:

1) The logo, while it looks very cool, is very busy and difficult to actually read. I believe that if I'm unable to take a quick second or two glance some important advertising text (such as a logo) and easily read it, then I tend to question it's ultimate effectiveness.
    2) The lines on the playfield seem very thick which causes the objects and people seem very simply drawn without much interior detail besides large crosshatched lines. It almost seems as though it was drawn on a normal sized or legal sized piece of paper with a fine tip pencil, then blown up to playfield size.
    3) The shading seems very basic... how can I quantify this... everything seems evenly shaded in a semi-uniform manor without much attention spent on where an actual light source is. I believe this is called Pillow Shading. Look at this web page for a better idea of what I'm talking about http://www.natomic.com/hosted/marks/mpat/shading.html
    2 and 3 are definitely easy to fix, and I wouldn't be surprised if the shown playfield art is just a work-in-progress image rendered solely for the reveal. 1, however, may be more of a licensing thing, but I feel the title logo should be greatly simplified so it's easier to read.
    -Lin

Quoted from chadderack:

The figures are stiff.

--Stiff figures
    --Busy background that competes too much with foreground
    --Negative shapes that appear not to have been designed well
    --Pointing elements that don't point anywhere (search light beam pointing lower left to upper right)... the other beam at least points to the dummy's head.
    --Not much color design; competing colors in terms of warm/cool and complementary color theory
    --Illogical lighting; shadows on both sides of figures as well as the top (see dummy's head)
    --Tangents everywhere
    --Perspective mistakes (see barrel tops in translite art)

Quoted from jdoz2:

Look at all the bombs/missiles that designate shots. They are the same image reused 4 times.

The overall appearance is flat and dull. Some elements seem large to just take up space while others are too small. Tiny gripes would be could Jamie really fire that gun one handed ? Regarding Adam it would be cool if the art showed him on the follow through of his swing cutting the dummies head off. The dummies head could be spinning as it flys off its body facing forward then you could light its eyes up or something via playfield insert.

Quoted from Rarehero:

-The poses are terrible. The big Dummyzombie...is he supposed to look menacing? It looks like he's trying to poop in the city. Why is the smoke from Beret-man's gun going down? Smoke rises! Or is it a hat-gun? Did he just shoot that hat onto Leatherjacket-man's head? Look at the characters' hands. AMATEUR HANDS!
    -The color is terrible
    -The shading/rendering is terrible. Cross-hatches everywhere and colored-pencil style shading
    -The fire looks terrible...it looks like soft-serve ice cream ghosts.
    -Bad composition and tangents everywhere...look at that arm Beret-man is holding...right on the Dummyzombie's back. Professional artists should know not to do things like that!

Quoted from Aurich:

When you do things that violate the perspective of a drawing (see the roundel on the dummy's chest above Jamie, it's facing dead towards the viewer in the round when the chest it's on is sloped away from the viewer) it looks bad. When you combine cross hatching with pillow shading and indeterminate light sources it looks bad.
    This design is a mismatch of styles, it's overly busy, difficult to read, and full of mistakes in composition.

Quoted from Richthofen:

The point of the backglass and playfield art is to TELL A STORY, and to get you to drop a quarter in the coin slot. It has to read, it has to emphasize a year's worth of work by engineers, designers, musicians, programmers, etc distilled down into something that reads well enough that you turn your head and want to play a game.
    I didn't even notice the backglass had a logo / name of the game on it until I re-examined the glass 4 or 5 times.

Quoted from JoelOmatik:

The characters seem somewhat stiff and should stand out with more flow, urgency and energy, while still retaining the comic vibe of the Mythbuster guys... I don't care for the logo, it's too busy, overwhelming and the colors clash too much.

Quoted from blondetall:

...the logo is still really hard to read. The red and yellow together messes with my eyes, and while the 'dangerous' looks cool in theory, it comes across as a big jumble.

Quoted from Aurich:

I showed my wife the translite design and asked her the name of the game and she was just confused by my question, the visual noise level was so high she didn't even notice it (granted she was also tired and didn't really want to put up with my stupid questions). That's bad.
    So like the tangent with the dummy arm that Jamie is holding, it's just visually really awkward the way it seems to connect with the shoulder of the dummy in the background. The depth of field becomes skewed by that.
    Jamie is holding a huge gun with just his left hand, but it's drawn such that it looks like he's braced it against his right shoulder. Then the smoke from the barrel is drifting downwards, implying that he just shot right at Adam, whipped the gun back up, and then struck his stiff robot pose. It doesn't make any sense
    Look at the saw blade. The 3D depth doesn't have a consistent direction. The teeth of the saw look warped and torqued instead of flat.

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

The title of the game seems to be camouflaged right into the backglass (you barely even notice it's there). The most important characters (Jamie and Adam) are much less prominent than the crash-test dummies. The theme of the game is "Experts of Dangerous" and not "Crash Test Dummies Revenge", right? Overall, the colors in general make everything seem to run together.

#237 9 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Go back and read from the beginning. He has posted tons of helpful criticism. You know when people bring up valid arguments concerning the art and then others tell them 'that's your opinion', it gets to be annoying. Aurich and others are citing valid artistic principles yet people keep going with their 'feelings' instead of facts. So yea after awhile its going to look like people are criticizing the artist when their posts become so a matter of fact, but it's really because they are tired of having to explain why certain elements don't look right to someone who just doesn't have an eye for the details...

Let me try to explain it in visual terms. SEE BELOW. Two images both of the same item. One by Andy Warhol and one I did in about a minute and a half in photoshop. Which do you think looks better? AND before you choose just remember I put a lot of effort into it and I used my 'feelings'.

Obviously you'd choose Warhol's. Why? Because although its simple, visually, it's well executed. Ellipses on the top of the can instead of a circle, can sides are parallel to each other, and proper perspective has been utilized. Now these subtle details are easy to pick up when the quality differs so drastically, but become harder when an artist actually tries or when color is introduced. I would like to see a black and white line drawing of the field. I bet issues would become more apparent to some then.

Now, look at the Ben Heck concept sketch below. See how this drawing completely stands on its own even without color? How is that possibly you ask? By adding line weight and depth of field. In other words as objects move away from your eye, details become less apparent. Notice how Ben has thick lines around him. This indicates he is on the main plane and as a result is the first thing the viewer sees. So basically any element behind him must have a line weight that is less in value than Ben to achieve proper depth. See how elements in the far background are nothing more than general shapes? This is caused by atmospheric perspective which makes far away objects appear soft and lighter in color. Now, go back and look the playfield in this thread again and see if you can spot some issues.

AWSoup.jpgAWSoup.jpg
    MYSoup.jpgMYSoup.jpg
    10-25-2011ben24aconcept.jpg10-25-2011ben24aconcept.jpg

#238 9 years ago

There's a ton of existing Skit-B customers on Pinside, there should be a lot of love for this project. The critical responses wouldn't matter if there were a ton of "take my money!" posts, but there isn't. That is telling.

#239 9 years ago

I have no more money for them to take right now anyway. lol

Get Predator to me, let me see how that process goes, give me time to potentially save up more money, and then we'll talk about EOD. I like that they went ahead and showed the theme so that we would know what was coming down the line in the future and be able to decide on it as far as all the different pinball options now, and that they aren't taking money or orders at this time. And I like the theme now that I've thought about it. But... I'm still in Predator mode for now.

#240 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I have no more money for them to take right now. lol
    Get Predator to me, let me see how that process goes, give me time to potentially save up more money, and then we'll talk about EOD. I like that they went ahead and showed the theme so that we would know what was coming down the line in the future and be able to decide on it as far as all the different pinball options now, and that they aren't taking money or orders at this time. And I like the theme now that I've thought about it. But... I'm still in Predator mode for now.

Exactly, great post blondetall

#241 9 years ago

Go back and read from the beginning. He has posted tons of helpful criticism. You know when people bring up valid arguments concerning the art and then others tell them 'that's your opinion', it gets to be annoying. Aurich and others are citing valid artistic principles yet people keep going with their 'feelings' instead of facts. So yea after awhile its going to look like people are criticizing the artist when their posts become so a matter of fact, but it's really because they are tired of having to explain why certain elements don't look right to someone who just doesn't have an eye for the details...
    Let me try to explain it in visual terms. Look below. Two images both of the same item. One by Andy Warhol and one I did in about a minute and a half in photoshop. Which do you think looks better? AND before you choose just remember I put a lot of effort into it and I used my 'feelings'.
    Obviously you'd choose Warhol's. Why? Because although its simple, visually, it's well executed. Ellipses on the top of the can instead of a circle, Can sides are parallel to each other, and proper perspective has been utilized. Now these subtle details are easy to pick up when the quality differs so drastically, but become harder when an artist actually tries or when color is introduced. I would like to see a black and white line drawing of the field. I bet issues would become more apparent to some then.

AWSoup.jpg 17 KB
    MYSoup.jpg 16 KB

What if like the one on the Right? I'm wrong according to you. I can't have an opinion. Now I'm starting to see. I'll ask the question again is it a fact that the game's art is bad, or is it your opinon. Simple question, I don't need a four paragraph answer.

#242 9 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

What if like the one on the Right? I'm wrong according to you. I can't have an opinion. Now I'm starting to see. I'll ask the question again is it a fact that the game's art is bad, or is it your opinon. Simple question, I don't need a four paragraph answer.

Its a fact that the majorities perception is bad art and that is not good for a pinball company looking to sell games. Obviously art is subjective

#243 9 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

No. It just means you're easy to please. Companies love people like yourself. In all seriousness if you have read through this entire thread and you still can't see why people are criticizing this then there's really no point in arguing. So in short: FACT the art is OK, but needs Major work.

#244 9 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

The design is bad. Or rather, the design is missing. There is no design. Answers already given by many.

#245 9 years ago

No. It just means you're easy to please. Companies love people like yourself. In all seriousness if you have read through this entire thread and you still can't see why people are criticizing this then there's really no point in arguing. So in short: FACT the art is OK, but needs Major work.

No it just means that you can't admit it's only an opinon and not a fact. But that's cool I understand.......

#246 9 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

What if like the one on the Right? I'm wrong according to you. I can't have an opinion.

Sure you can. You can like the EoD art, no one will think you're a bad person. Of course this is all subjective.

I can back my opinions with pointing out more design mistakes, but really I just don't like it, at all. It's a visual and stylistic mess. That's what counts for me, I would never pay a dime to put this in my game room. I wouldn't want to look at it. I've tried to be nice about it, I don't mean to be a jerk, but that's just how I feel.

I'm just one opinion, I'm not even a Predator customer (don't like the art on that either for the record). But when you announce your game to your core audience and the overwhelming opinion is really negative you've got a problem. They are trying to sell these for a lot of money, it's not "hey, check out what my kid drew!" It only matters why if you want to pay attention to the feedback.

Thing is I don't really want to dissect it more than I have already, because I don't think it's even salvageable. Throw this out and start over from scratch, there is nothing here I would save. Get a different artist. I don't mean to be rude to the guy who did this, but I don't think he's the right person for the job. It happens!

Skit-B will do whatever they want. If they stick to their guns and this art I predict this is the last pin they will build. I could be wrong. But a small shop like them can't really afford a total flop I would guess. We're trying to be honest to be helpful, it's far from too late to fix this. I scrap art I do all the time, you take something to an endpoint and realize it's not right and start over.

#247 9 years ago

From Pinballnews.com:

"No pricing or predicted availability has been announced yet, but in an apparent bid to get the ball rolling faster once the design and coding is complete, Skit-B has contracted manufacturing of the game to Jersey Jack Pinball in Lakewood, New Jersey."

#248 9 years ago

Faster != JJP

#249 9 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

From Pinballnews.com:
    "No pricing or predicted availability has been announced yet, but in an apparent bid to get the ball rolling faster once the design and coding is complete, Skit-B has contracted manufacturing of the game to Jersey Jack Pinball in Lakewood, New Jersey."

Wow, I thought you were being sarcastic...Dear lord...

#250 9 years ago

Is there some chance now that JJP could be making Predator for them as well? Or is that one done "in house" no matter what at this point?

No chance I would put any deposit down on this until I get Predator.

Predator #19

There are 505 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-newest-machine-experts-of-danger/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.