4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 504 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 59 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CourierHST-DS1L.jpg
    Way_things_work.jpg
    Obliterator.jpg
    Obliterator-1.jpg
    Barbarian.jpg
    Barbarian.gif
    Frank.jpg
    hqdefault-738.jpg
    timmy.jpg
    Gods_(Amiga)_03.png
    gods-ss1.gif
    Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 5.47.54 PM.png
    359969.jpg
    359973-i.jpg
    359971-i.jpg
    PREDATOR.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 505 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
    #1 4 years ago

I was checking out some YouTube videos and noticed a recent upload by Skit B. It features the much loved duo from Mythbusters and the theme reminds me of the crash dummies toys I had when I was a kid.

Experts of Dangerous Pinball Art Package:

Experts of Dangerous Pinball Machine Reveal Trail…:

#2 4 years ago

Not to be picky, but your thread title has the wrong name in quotes.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Not to be picky, but your thread title has the wrong name in quotes.

Is it "experts of Dangerous pinball" or just e"experts of dangerous"

#4 4 years ago

Crash Test DUMBIES!!!
    mmmm
    mmmmmm
    mmmmmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmmm

#5 4 years ago

Is it just me, or does the name not really make sense? Sounds like they ran something foreign through google translate, and didn't clean up the grammar.

Or maybe it's missing a word. Experts of Dangerous _____.

#6 4 years ago

Certainly one of the most oddball pinball themes ever.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from newtoit:

Is it "experts of Dangerous pinball" or just e"experts of dangerous"

I think just "Experts of Dangerous", but the original title said "Experts of Danger".

#8 4 years ago

After looking at the video and remembering all my hours of watching Myth Busters, the name makes sense. Here are some of my favorite quotes from them:

(gathered from a larger list here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383126/quotes )

Adam: Remember, don't try this at home.
    Jamie: We're what you call "experts".

Jamie: [in anticipation of a massive explosion] Jamie wants big boom

[discussing the lethality of paper-mache arrows]
    Adam: Just thinkin' this one through from a mechanical standpoint... I'd be totally pleased with two inches of penetration.
    Jamie: Generally, I prefer a little bit more.

Adam: [holding a floatation barrel] The only thing we're told we can't do is burn them, blow them up, or lose them!
    Salvatore: Has he watched the show?

Adam: Well, hopefully that's our job, to strap rockets onto everything!

#9 4 years ago

Could the name "Experts of Dangerous" have been what the show was originally named before they came up with "MythBusters" as the final?

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Is it just me, or does the name not really make sense? Sounds like a they ran something foreign through google translate, and didn't clean up the grammar.
    Or maybe it's missing a word. Experts of Dangerous ____.

All Your Dangerous Are Belong to Experts.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Is it just me, or does the name not really make sense? Sounds like a they ran something foreign through google translate, and didn't clean up the grammar.

It's coming from the company that designed a logo that looks like it says "Shit" instead of "Skit" ...don't get picky, now!

Nice to see them attempting an original-ish theme...but the artwork package is pretty terrible. Stiff fan-art drawings, way-too-busy compositions and garish color. Sorry to be blunt-guy, but I know a lot of people are thinking it.

#12 4 years ago

So. First try:

1) Gray field for pops?
    2) Rectangular hazard hatch either not "Buster" troll hatch bash toy, or...
    3) Fast eject loaded by lock immediately on its right, or...
    4) Is that space to the right of the hatch an up kicker?
    5) Two orbit entries? Divertable to ramp on one side?
    6) Is that a really tight horse shoe shot? Divertable entry hatch for ramp?
    7) Giant magnet in that circle, maybe a buster toy ala' Whiplash?
    8) Buzz saw? Can't be just art, right?
    9) Waffles.

I only see spots for two inserts. Early design, or not inserts? That hazard hatch is connected via art and inserts(?) to the buzz saw. I wonder if the spaces between the hydraulic looking thing light up as they seem to have the same alpha as the circles?

And... art. Not sold, but there are many little details that I like a lot. Will need to see it populated. If you showed me a blank Demolition Man playfield 20 years ago and told me I'd love the game I'd have laughed at you.

Oh I forgot, I'm just supposed to guffaw about the title. Sorry.

#13 4 years ago

interested to see how this unfolds but not until I am playing my Predator.

I actually think the theme and idea of somewhat liscensed but not really combined with having Adam and Jamie to hopefullly be very involved and make some amazing toys could be very cool.

#14 4 years ago

That video reminded me of the "Test Track" ride at Epcot.

#15 4 years ago

Test Track was down for renovations 2 years ago when we were there, then last year we got to ride the "new and improved" version. It's basically the exact same ride, but Tron-ified. Basically, it was an incandescent game and they LEDed it. lol

If someone could post pics from the art video, I'd be very appreciative. I watched it on my iPhone but can't see the detail.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Nice to see them attempting an original-ish theme...but the artwork package is pretty terrible. Stiff fan-art drawings, way-too-busy compositions and garish color.

+1

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

If someone could post pics from the art video, I'd be very appreciative. I watched it on my iPhone but can't see the detail.

Got your back. I stitched together the scrolling playfield to show it bigger, and capped the backbox and cab shots. Click to enlarge.

eod-playfield.jpg

eod-backbox.jpg

eod-cab.jpg

#18 4 years ago

+1,000 internet points for Aurich!

I like the blueprint parts. The rest isn't terrible, it's just a bit overwhelming on the eyeballs, but will probably look better when sized to a pinball machine.

Wasn't a contest prize having your face or likeness on pin #2? If so, who won and where is their likeness?

#20 4 years ago

You beat me too it, Aurich. I was just about to upload all the screenshots.

#21 4 years ago

My eyes are burning. Looks like Junkyard combined with a graphic design 101 student project.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

After looking at the video and remembering all my hours of watching Myth Busters, the name makes sense. Here are some of my favorite quotes from them:
    (gathered from a larger list here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383126/quotes )
    Adam: Remember, don't try this at home.
    Jamie: We're what you call "experts".
    Jamie: [in anticipation of a massive explosion] Jamie wants big boom
    [discussing the lethality of paper-mache arrows]
    Adam: Just thinkin' this one through from a mechanical standpoint... I'd be totally pleased with two inches of penetration.
    Jamie: Generally, I prefer a little bit more.
    Adam: [holding a floatation barrel] The only thing we're told we can't do is burn them, blow them up, or lose them!
    Salvatore: Has he watched the show?
    Adam: Well, hopefully that's our job, to strap rockets onto everything!

I figured Jamie and Adam started using it after an exchange like this:

Anyone: "You guys are dangerous!"
    Jamie or Adam: "We are EXPERTS of Dangerous!"

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

You beat me too it, Aurich. I was just about to upload all the screenshots.

Gotta be on the ball to beat me during a slow work day.

#24 4 years ago

First I have seen the art, thanks Aurich!

I actually think the concept of the art is pretty cool and very "pinbally", it just needs some polishing.

For constructive feedback, both jamie and adams posture look a little too animatronic, if that makes sense. Maybe they are also supposed to be robotic looking.

Kevin >> curious where Sean (the guy that won the sweet prize from last year MRP) is being incorporated? Will be very cool if he is a dummy

Blondetall >> user U2Sean was the prize winner and I think he has provided some mug shots to SkitB?

#25 4 years ago

Is this going to be a real thing? Worst artwork of all time...I can draw better with my 3year olds sidewalk crayons...

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Is this going to be a real thing? Worst artwork of all time...I can draw better with my 3year olds sidewalk crayons...

let's see it...

If you don't like it then be constructive with your critisism.

#27 4 years ago

I love Mythbusters.

I don't get this at all.

I guess it's supposed to be a 'rise of the robots' kind of thing where the crash dummies become sentient and revolt against Jamie and Adam.

Hopefully it plays better than it looks.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

user U2Sean was the prize winner and I think he has provided some mug shots to SkitB?

thats a deal breaker right there...

you cut off the top of the playfield, Aurich. Beggars can't be choosers, though...

shot layout looks cool.

#29 4 years ago

I actually really like the overall art package of this game, and it certainly has me interested. However in the end it's all going to come down to the gameplay.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

thats a deal breaker right there...

lol

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

However in the end it's all going to come down to the gameplay.

agreed.

So shot layout appears to provide a 2 flipper game, standard fan layout, some tight shots, possibly a rotating buzzsaw randomizer...

what else

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

you cut off the top of the playfield, Aurich.

Yeah, they cut away from the scrolling part before they reached the very top, so that was as I high as I could go stitching together frames from the video to show it that big.

Edit: Here, I enlarged the small version and added the top at a lower rez:

eod-playfield2.jpg

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

As an on again, off again (but mostly off again) artist, I hate this kind of hyperbolic bullshit. Let's see it then smart ass. Draw it on up and post it so that we can piss all over your expert work.

Again, I'm not sold on this art package, but I also haven't taken the time to really explore it, and certainly haven't spent the time on it required for a real critique. My initial reaction is that it's very busy, maybe like an ill advised tattoo catalog choice or something. Does that make sense? I think I like the cabinet right now more than the table. I like the Buster peaking out of the door, I like how the flipper buttons are integrated, etc...

#34 4 years ago

Small. OOPS, see you posted this already. my bad.

image-945.jpg

#35 4 years ago

kinda reminds me of a 80's phil collins album cover

Quoted from Aurich:

Got your back. I stitched together the scrolling playfield to show it bigger, and capped the backbox and cab shots. Click to enlarge.

eod-backbox.jpg 168 KB

eod-cab.jpg 144 KB

eod-playfield.jpg 191 KB

#36 4 years ago

The cabinet is really growing on me. Dig the M5 shout out, button integration, gizmos, whizbangs, etc... Not sure about the translight though: Definitely some confusing eye salad going on. Hard to read the bots to fire to Jamie to Buster transitions. At this size and resolution, "Experts" is almost impossible to make out.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Nice to see them attempting an original-ish theme...but the artwork package is pretty terrible. Stiff fan-art drawings, way-too-busy compositions and garish color. Sorry to be blunt-guy, but I know a lot of people are thinking it.

Indeed. The art is... (I'm trying not to be a dick here) not my cup of tea. I can't imagine having something like that in my house, no matter how cool the game might be.

#38 4 years ago

Think the artwork looks pretty cool. At least it's original. For all the critics let's see what your pinball company is producing. Oh yea that's right you don't have a company. You'll also be the folks buying the game if it turns out good and letting others know how you supported it from the beginning....

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

As an on again, off again (but mostly off again) artist, I hate this kind of hyperbolic bullshit. Let's see it then smart ass. Draw it on up and post it so that we can piss all over your expert work.

You can have a legitimate opinion on bad art without having to "put up or shut up". If the art is bad, there's nothing wrong with someone saying it's bad.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Again, I'm not sold on this art package, but I also haven't taken the time to really explore it, and certainly haven't spent the time on it required for a real critique. My initial reaction is that it's very busy, maybe like an ill advised tattoo catalog choice or something. Does that make sense? I think I like the cabinet right now more than the table. I like the Buster peaking out of the door, I like how the flipper buttons are integrated, etc...

The artwork is horrible, no I can't actually draw better myself. But the whole art package is terrible. I don't care who you are...

#41 4 years ago

To those who think it's unfair to nix a game immediately based on theme & art package alone: I pre-ordered a Metallica LE immediately after seeing the 60-second youtube clip on my tiny phone screen, based on nothing but theme & excellent hand-drawn art. I'm judging this game equally on the same criteria. One was a dealmaker, the other a dealbreaker.

#42 4 years ago

It reminds me of a computer game from 1990 or something...

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You can have a legitimate opinion on bad art without having to "put up or shut up". If the art is bad, there's nothing wrong with someone saying it's bad.

Agreed. But if you cap your OMG IT SUCKS with

Quoted from tomdotcom:

I can draw better with my 3year olds sidewalk crayons...

Then I think it's fair game to call you out on your crayon skills.

Quoted from yancy:

I can't imagine having something like that in my house, no matter how cool the game might be.

This is the bottom line. Skit B can stick to their guns and make the product they want to make. But if you're trying to sell a commercial product, especially one that's aimed at home collectors, you have to realize that if your package is that kind of a turnoff it doesn't matter how much time you spent on it, how awesome the rules and gameplay are, you're really limiting yourself. Because people won't spend pinball money on something they don't want to look at in their homes.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I haven't got, nor did I state otherwise, anything against people saying, "I hate this art. It's ugly. I'd never have it in my house." That does nothing to diminish the human beings who labored to produce it. It doesn't even (or shouldn't) insult a professional artist. If your art is safe enough to be liked by almost everyone? It probably isn't very good. Don't like it? Fine.

He didn't say that. He said, " I can draw better with my 3year olds sidewalk crayons... ". Bullshit, dismissive, and insulting.

Quoted from tomdotcom:

The artwork is horrible, no I can't actually draw better myself. But the whole art package is terrible. I don't care who you are...

I don't care who you are either, I can't stand your, what you freely admit to be, hyperbolic horse shit. You can state your opinion, aggressively if you like, and keep the condescending insults to yourself.

#45 4 years ago

Oops.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

I don't care who you are either, I can't stand your, what you freely admit to be, hyperbolic horse shit. You can state your opinion, aggressively if you like, and keep your condescending insults to yourself.

You're the one who got all uppity in the first place man...

I said the artwork sucks, and it does. I stand by that statement 1000%

#47 4 years ago

OMG, seriously? Kind of looking at a bad wreck, hard to look away. To each his own I guess.

#48 4 years ago

Here are my thoughts on the shown art:
    1) The logo, while it looks very cool, is very busy and difficult to actually read. I believe that if I'm unable to take a quick second or two glance some important advertising text (such as a logo) and easily read it, then I tend to question it's ultimate effectiveness.
    2) The lines on the playfield seem very thick which causes the objects and people seem very simply drawn without much interior detail besides large crosshatched lines. It almost seems as though it was drawn on a normal sized or legal sized piece of paper with a fine tip pencil, then blown up to playfield size.
    3) The shading seems very basic... how can I quantify this... everything seems evenly shaded in a semi-uniform manor without much attention spent on where an actual light source is. I believe this is called Pillow Shading. Look at this web page for a better idea of what I'm talking about http://www.natomic.com/hosted/marks/mpat/shading.html

2 and 3 are definitely easy to fix, and I wouldn't be surprised if the shown playfield art is just a work-in-progress image rendered solely for the reveal. 1, however, may be more of a licensing thing, but I feel the title logo should be greatly simplified so it's easier to read.

-Lin

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

You're the one who got all uppity in the first place man...
    I said the artwork sucks, and it does. I stand by that statement 1000%

Haha. No, you retreated from half your statement minutes after I called you on it, so maybe you stand by your statement 500%. That's still quite a lot, so...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    € 3.70
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 16.00
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Electronics
    Ewe22 Security PIC Chips
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    $ 16.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    There are 505 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside