(Topic ID: 85487)

1pm CST Today! Skit-B LIVE on Camera @ TPF - Taking YOUR questions!

By Jared

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-623.jpg
predators-series-11-thermal-vision-dutch-action-figure-18-cm.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Well, you asked for it Predator Community... and now you got it!

The team at Skit-B has reached out to me to say that they would like to knock out a live video interview from the Texas Pinball Festival with all of YOU! This is a pinside exclusive!

I will act as a moderator, repeating your questions that you type into the window to Skit-B out loud, and you will be able to watch and listen live as they respond!

This will not be 20/20 or ABC News... this is just a cool way to allow you guys to ask some of those burning questions and get some hard answers right from the team themselves! Very very cool of them to offer to do this!

Channel - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

I will update this thread on the CST time this will be conducted. Lets allow them to unpack and get situated before we shove a camera in their face.

The recording will be saved on the channel for viewing in the future.

I am not in on a Predator, but I respect the great effort that has gone into making it a reality... and also to all of the pinside members who believe in these guys and at the end of the day just want to have a really great boutique pinball game. Hopefully the interview can be of some positive for everyone involved.

-Jared

**EDIT**
Interview will be at 1pm CST.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

And that is why you shot video at EXPO without them been there to show or explain the UV or questions you had?
I think you luckily that Skit-B are wanting to do with this with you and I think that alone shows that they have nothing to hide.

I shot a video of the UV at expo because Skit-B at the time was not giving a demonstration of the UV. Marc (Elevation Games) at the time was told that the playfield (at the expo) was UV sensitive and functional. The anticipation was overwhelming, and some others who were actually in on the game took it upon themselves to shine UV directly on to the game. I was there, so I filmed it.

At the time, not even direct exposure from UV produced a result, this was later blamed on our light source being above the glass, and then again later on that particular playfield being an early run.

Since the time of expo, many video have been shown of quite dramatic UV reactions from the playfield. Its important to note that those reactions were produced with a high powered UV tube light, on a bare playfield, less than a foot from the artwork. Will the in-game lighting produce the same obvious and vivid results? Has the current playfield been further improved? Is the game night and day different better than the version we say at EXPO?

All this and more coming at the Texas Pinball Festival.

I do appreciate Skit-B reaching out to me of all people, on their own, to do this for the deposit holders. Very cool move. Every person I have talked to with money down sincerely wants the game to be awesome. I think everyone on both sides is an agreeance to that end.

Quoted from gambit3113:

Two days to get a sponsor and Ninja Turtles involved. Plenty of time for this to turn into Monster Energy and Fix My Busted Ass Phone present Jared being totally Epic with Skit-B, feat. Ninja Turtles and Jello Wresting Midgets. Dig deep!

Classy.

#23 10 years ago

I would like to more that it's 2:40, show starts at 5, and no sign of Skit-B yet. I hope they are ok!!

#25 10 years ago

Predator is here!!!!image-623.jpgimage-623.jpg

#31 10 years ago

I will try to do the interview today.

#33 10 years ago

I will give at least several hours notice. I still need to speak with them to setup a time to do the interview.

I have six machines in the show so I am running around making sure they are up and operational. This is a very big and loud show... lots of people...

#34 10 years ago

The live video interview will be held today at 1pm CST.

-Jared

WATCH HERE WHEN ITS LIVE - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

#47 10 years ago

Can everyone see and hear ok??

#49 10 years ago

Go ahead and type your questions here NOW for me to ask. If you cant see it live, you will be able to see a recording of the interview in a moment on the channel...

#95 10 years ago

Thanks for watching!! Recordings of both halfs of the interview are available on my channel.

#100 10 years ago

Can I just say on my own,

Before, during and after the interview I was able to detect that Kevin is someone who is genuinely passionate about pinball. He wants to make this thing awesome, and I believe he has only the very best intentions. He is a very nice guy.

The weight of the expectations can have a tremendous effect on a person, as I happen to know personally. He is dealing with that stress as well as can be expected for someone without prior experience in such matters.

When someone looks you in the eye and says "I bought a plane ticket to come out here and see this", that is a big expectation for anyone.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jared.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-live-on-camera-tpf-taking-your-questions?tu=jared and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.