New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 85487)

1pm CST Today! Skit-B LIVE on Camera @ TPF - Taking YOUR questions!

By Jared

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Wahchintonka
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-623.jpg
predators-series-11-thermal-vision-dutch-action-figure-18-cm.jpg

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Well, you asked for it Predator Community... and now you got it!

The team at Skit-B has reached out to me to say that they would like to knock out a live video interview from the Texas Pinball Festival with all of YOU! This is a pinside exclusive!

I will act as a moderator, repeating your questions that you type into the window to Skit-B out loud, and you will be able to watch and listen live as they respond!

This will not be 20/20 or ABC News... this is just a cool way to allow you guys to ask some of those burning questions and get some hard answers right from the team themselves! Very very cool of them to offer to do this!

Channel - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

I will update this thread on the CST time this will be conducted. Lets allow them to unpack and get situated before we shove a camera in their face.

The recording will be saved on the channel for viewing in the future.

I am not in on a Predator, but I respect the great effort that has gone into making it a reality... and also to all of the pinside members who believe in these guys and at the end of the day just want to have a really great boutique pinball game. Hopefully the interview can be of some positive for everyone involved.

-Jared

**EDIT**
Interview will be at 1pm CST.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

#2 6 years ago

Very cool! Thanks to all for doing this.

#3 6 years ago

Cool. Greatly appreciated. Could we post some questions here, so that you know in advance what to ask... and what to answer for Kevin.

OK ? Great, thanks Let me start:

1) Grouped shipping to Europe. Any progress there? Is Ministry of Pinball in Charge? Any remote idea of cost?

2) To see the UV paint, one may be tempted to use a massive UV source... how UV-resilient are the regular pigments on the playfield and plastics?

3) Code will be open source, right? Can we download it?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Very cool! Thanks to all for doing this.

+1 I'm usually not big on these kinda things, but I'm actually going to try and tune in to this one.

#5 6 years ago

Thank you bakushan for doing this and thanks to skit b for allowing it.

#6 6 years ago

This will be great! Thanks. Looking forward to any other reports from the show, maybe something similar with Multimorphic (P3)?

#7 6 years ago

NICE!!! Thanks turtle man!

#8 6 years ago

A question I would like to know is if Skit-B knows about shipping costs yet. I live in Indiana, so there is a chance I may be able to pickup my Predator, but right now I am looking at having it shipped.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I am not in on a Predator, but I respect the great effort that has gone into making it a reality...

And that is why you shot video at EXPO without them been there to show or explain the UV or questions you had?
I think you luckily that Skit-B are wanting to do with this with you and I think that alone shows that they have nothing to hide.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from HomeBrew:

so there is a chance I may be able to pickup my Predator

I THINK I remember them saying it could be picked up.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I THINK I remember them saying it could be picked up.

spfxted, you are right they did say you could pick it up, but the reason I said I may be able to pick up my Predator has more to do with my age and the fact I do not drive much anymore, so it would depend on if I can find someone to help me pickup the Predator and do most of the driving.

#12 6 years ago

I will ask in advance the following questions:

What bugs do they have left to work out? What is the biggest obstacle currnetly for them?

What is the current production schedule?

Originally, we were told $250 deposit, half when games is actually ready to be built, remainder upon shipping/pickup. The last email communication was unclear on exactly when funds need ot be sent for each game. I am 150ish in prodcution, when in the process do I need to send in 50%? Basically what I am getting at is my intitial impression was that if they are building 40 games per month then after about 3 months of production I will need to send 50% and my game will be done within 2 months after that which means I will then need to pay the remaining 50% and pick up? Just want some clarity/confirmation that I understand this correctly?

How much will extra pfs and ramps and game specific parts cost?

Any future code tweak? Any though of the idea to continue to add to this game as early adopter provide feedback on improvements?

Of course, we all will want to hear how the UV looks in person and about any current issues and how they are being addressed.

#13 6 years ago

Which day and what time will it start?

#14 6 years ago

Two days to get a sponsor and Ninja Turtles involved. Plenty of time for this to turn into Monster Energy and Fix My Busted Ass Phone present Jared being totally Epic with Skit-B, feat. Ninja Turtles and Jello Wresting Midgets. Dig deep!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Of course, we all will want to hear how the UV looks in person and about any current issues and how they are being addressed.

In person would be good, since after doing some reading, it sounds like it is nearly impossible to take a quality and accurate photo of UV lit material with a standard camera or camcorder, without the proper filters. I guess there are cameras specifically designed for this.

According to Nikon . . .

"All digital cameras are sensitive to both UV and IR radiation but since capturing these spectral ranges can lower the image quality of visible light images, they are filtered out in the camera."

So while some cameras still might capture it, sounds like it is suspect at best.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

And that is why you shot video at EXPO without them been there to show or explain the UV or questions you had?
I think you luckily that Skit-B are wanting to do with this with you and I think that alone shows that they have nothing to hide.

I shot a video of the UV at expo because Skit-B at the time was not giving a demonstration of the UV. Marc (Elevation Games) at the time was told that the playfield (at the expo) was UV sensitive and functional. The anticipation was overwhelming, and some others who were actually in on the game took it upon themselves to shine UV directly on to the game. I was there, so I filmed it.

At the time, not even direct exposure from UV produced a result, this was later blamed on our light source being above the glass, and then again later on that particular playfield being an early run.

Since the time of expo, many video have been shown of quite dramatic UV reactions from the playfield. Its important to note that those reactions were produced with a high powered UV tube light, on a bare playfield, less than a foot from the artwork. Will the in-game lighting produce the same obvious and vivid results? Has the current playfield been further improved? Is the game night and day different better than the version we say at EXPO?

All this and more coming at the Texas Pinball Festival.

I do appreciate Skit-B reaching out to me of all people, on their own, to do this for the deposit holders. Very cool move. Every person I have talked to with money down sincerely wants the game to be awesome. I think everyone on both sides is an agreeance to that end.

Quoted from gambit3113:

Two days to get a sponsor and Ninja Turtles involved. Plenty of time for this to turn into Monster Energy and Fix My Busted Ass Phone present Jared being totally Epic with Skit-B, feat. Ninja Turtles and Jello Wresting Midgets. Dig deep!

Classy.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

gambit3113 said:

Classy.

lol. In other news, the sky objecting to being described as blue.

#19 6 years ago

I wonder how Thermal Dutch would react with UV lights.predators-series-11-thermal-vision-dutch-action-figure-18-cm.jpg

#20 6 years ago

I wanted that, but it was Sold Out...

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I wanted that, but it was Sold Out...

amazon.com link »

#23 6 years ago

I would like to more that it's 2:40, show starts at 5, and no sign of Skit-B yet. I hope they are ok!!

#24 6 years ago

When is the live interview supposed to be?

#26 6 years ago

love the cab.

hope everything is going to be fine.

#27 6 years ago

Gettin all tingly

#28 6 years ago

Man, that is one gorgeous pin. :-p......

#29 6 years ago

So will the live interview be tomorrow? Any idea on a time yet?

#30 6 years ago

From the MMr thread:

Quoted from Jared:

I have seen Predator...
I'm going to wait until later to discuss it.

#31 6 years ago

I will try to do the interview today.

#32 6 years ago

what time?

We have league and I will bring my CPU so we can tune in live during our play, if possible.

#33 6 years ago

I will give at least several hours notice. I still need to speak with them to setup a time to do the interview.

I have six machines in the show so I am running around making sure they are up and operational. This is a very big and loud show... lots of people...

#34 6 years ago

The live video interview will be held today at 1pm CST.

-Jared

WATCH HERE WHEN ITS LIVE - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

#35 6 years ago

alright so 2pm EST, thanks for doing this

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what time?
We have league and I will bring my CPU so we can tune in live during our play, if possible.

Nice work, Hilton...we would love to hear the interview at league. Cool!

#37 6 years ago

Good times....

#39 6 years ago

I open the link and it just goes directly to the old LTG video...

#40 6 years ago

he's live now

#41 6 years ago

OK, live now (after the ad)

edit > just a black screen for me?

#42 6 years ago

me too actually. black screen. probably getting set up still?

#43 6 years ago

i can see kevin now

#44 6 years ago

ok, just wanted to make sure I was seeing what others are. I am not real tech type...

#45 6 years ago

I had sounds for 3 sec but no pic? now cut out to black

#46 6 years ago

What adjustments were made between this show and the last?

#48 6 years ago

black screen and says offair

#49 6 years ago

Go ahead and type your questions here NOW for me to ask. If you cant see it live, you will be able to see a recording of the interview in a moment on the channel...

#50 6 years ago

its off air now. just heard kev talk about TPF, tell him he should smile more

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 29.95
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store
$ 2.50
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 1,200.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 30.00
$ 75.00
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 38.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside